• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Forum Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Hello Folks,

Here's a quick breakdown of the forum rank system

At registration you start off as a "Member"

-After 25 posts, you're moved into the "Community Agent" group

• Can now like up to 30 posts a day
  • Can now edit your own posts unlimitedly
  • Can now set a signature
-After 100 posts, you're moved into the "Community Veteran" group

• Can now like up to 50 posts a day
  • Can post News in our News Forum
  • Can upload a cover photo for profile
-After 300 posts, you're moved into the "Community Elite" group

• Can now like up to 100 posts a day
  • Can now change username
-After 800 posts, you're moved into the "Community Jedi" group

• Can like as many posts as you'd like
  • Can hide or delete own posts/videos

I'll be adding more benefits along the way

Thanks!

-g1nt3r

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Not a problem per say, but now that it's a thing, I wanna make it to Jedi. I also wouldn't mind donating to the site here, but Patron would overwrite my hopes of Jedi-ness...No solution in mind for how to approach this, but yeah, there it is.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Not a problem per say, but now that it's a thing, I wanna make it to Jedi. I also wouldn't mind donating to the site here, but Patron would overwrite my hopes of Jedi-ness...No solution in mind for how to approach this, but yeah, there it is.
Having patron as your title is a choice, I can change it at the users request. It doesn't move the patron automatically.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Having patron as your title is a choice, I can change it at the users request. It doesn't move the patron automatically.
OOOOOOHHHHH...cool! Seems to be doubled up this month though, so unless you run out of toilet paper or somethin, I'll post up for may!

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
This feature is great, gives new members something to work towards.

is there a list of what unlocks when you acquire each one?

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
for clarification, I'm 90% sure he means things like member titles, etc...the little things that make the leveling fun :)
yeah, i meant how someone told me on here, that after a certain title/rank certain features become available like Edit Thread title after you have posted/published?

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
yeah, i meant how someone told me on here, that after a certain title/rank certain features become available like Edit Thread title after you have posted/published?
well, that bit is on here:

• You can now edit your own posts unlimitedly <---------------------------
  • You can now like up to 30 posts a day
As far as I know right now, becoming an agent at 75 posts unlocks most, if not all, of the site features for you...but so far, only g1nt3r knows the full extent of what can be done later, and only a small handful of us know anything past agent. I'll let you know in 90ish posts if elite changes anything :10_wink:

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
well, that bit is on here:

• You can now edit your own posts unlimitedly <---------------------------
  • You can now like up to 30 posts a day
As far as I know right now, becoming an agent at 75 posts unlocks most, if not all, of the site features for you...but so far, only g1nt3r knows the full extent of what can be done later, and only a small handful of us know anything past agent. I'll let you know in 90ish posts if elite changes anything :10_wink:

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
OOOOOOHHHHH...cool! Seems to be doubled up this month though, so unless you run out of toilet paper or somethin, I'll post up for may!
i will soon aspire to elite after i catch up to members like you with great knowledge on this game ;)

just wanted to thank you for helping me so much in forums and Private Messages. i feel like i have very good gear now thanks to you.

i took your tips, basically you told me, save my credits till level 30, collect/farm materials, and just use random drops from missions till 30, i did, and now i hit the Hard modes up like crazy and went from rank 24 to 30(max Level) and a Gear Score of 166 in a matter of 3 days.

i then Recalibrated many of my gear like you said, and focused the talents and perks on my Gear so that it leveled out my Build to go in one direction and more balanced while still having DPS.

i thank you.

what it looks like now is:

DPS with my AK-47M is: 116,563 (163 gs)

Health: 38,609

Stamina: 6018 which i know needs to be highered.

but the point i was making, was even with my lower end High end Weapon i have for my gear score, high DPS with that gear score weapon.

and i still have mad health because of what he told me on focusing on the perks and skills of Items instead of raw, DPS/Health/Power.

i have

My firearms is at: 3560 (which increases my weapon damage by 3,560%)

Crit Hit Chance: 22%

Crit hit Damage: +75%

Accuracy: 80

Damage to Elites: +10%

Health on kill: 21% (which does 21% of my max health)

Damage to Enemies Armor: +6%

Armor: 4166 (which mitigates 58.4% damage dealt to me from weapons.)

Exotic Damage Resistance: 23%

Bleed Resistance: 142%

all of this makes me a threat at my level while still being tanky, i am still improving it as i go, but what i wanted to point out was, you helped alot, and i would like to know what you think so far?

i know i need better weapons, like 182's or above, but im not that great on challenging without a permanent team. i like talking and knowing how players work with me, and just know what to do when i do something, ill take anybody, but i wan't to play with them all the time so we can Sync together as a team, and beat things like Incursion Falcon down!

what do you think @Xeromaus

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
G1nt34,

You can change your community as you see fit. From what I have seen you've made some excellent changes and I love the new format.

That said, I am completely against this. I have seen it introduced in other forums and it never works out well. It adds too much competition to post the 'best post' or to subtly spam posts (I have done it myself) just to gain a better rank.

Hell, there was even a self-made competition between me and another member to see who would reach that amount of posts firsts.

This is not something I want to see here.

However it is ultimately your choice.

(I can't wait to become an agent)!!!

Happy hunting,

Trans.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
G1nt34,

You can change your community as you see fit. From what I have seen you've made some excellent changes and I love the new format.

That said, I am completely against this. I have seen it introduced in other forums and it never works out well. It adds too much competition to post the 'best post' or to subtly spam posts (I have done it myself) just to gain a better rank.

Hell, there was even a self-made competition between me and another member to see who would reach that amount of posts firsts.

This is not something I want to see here.

However it is ultimately your choice.

(I can't wait to become an agent)!!!

Happy hunting,

Trans.
Well it promotes activity, which is very important to keeping a forum alive. There's no compitition, it just motivates people to join the conversation. Also you're already an agent, you were promoted when you donated.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
Well it promotes activity, which is very important to keeping a forum alive. There's no compitition, it just motivates people to join the conversation. Also you're already an agent, you were promoted when you donated.
I'll agree that it promotes activity from first joiners for a couple of posts until they attain the solution that they are looking for; and then they leave.

EDIT: A thread in 'Other Media' that was related to 'Music' would be great. I'm just asking.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
It promotes activity when there is active competition, that is all.

I'm happy to promote this forum but only if this forum is active, which it is now.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I have a few posts I would call "spam", but I've tried to keep them in threads designated for frivolous spam (Off-topic boards, No rules board, etc.)

The bulk of my posting, however, is in General or Strats; answering questions, having debates on builds, posting guides/walk-throughs, etc. Without those boards, there wouldn't be a forum here at all. I'm VERY happy to answer a new members question(s), it's what keeps us going. Some leave, some stay, but we keep more if they're getting the information they need.

If I'm in competition with anyone for post counts/forum ranks, it's @g1nt3r (watch out, I'm comin!), but I doubt I get to take over the boards when I pass him. I only frequent these boards because I love them; the environment is great, the mods weed out the posts amounting to "FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME DEVS!!!" that plague others, trolling is at a bare minimum (and removed quickly), and the member core usually has an answer for even the most obscure questions...or if they don't, they'll find it shortly. People are starting to realize what we offer here and every day the member base grows more and more. For a site that hasn't existed long before the game launched, that's all we can ask.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my rank, and I'll enjoy the next even more, but I'm here to share a passion in a place I enjoy.

Edit: The official Ubisoft forums have had over 13 years (and numerous game's fan bases) to reach their current count(s) of:

Total Members: 2,049,964, Total Posts: 10,466,004

...we've only had since January to hit:

Total Members: 7,257, Total Posts: 14,201

...I think it's coming along amazingly.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
I don't mean to be rude Xero but what you've said in a TL;DR was that you post a lot to answer questions, which is fair, but that was not even remotely what I was talking about. I too have posted a lot to answer questions and talk to people but what I was talking about ITT was people posting unnecessarily (very short answers, like I've seen already or similar)

Example:

76-posts-on-the-forum, 76-posts-to-date. You-put-one-up-and-share-it-around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements