• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Choose the site font!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Hello folks!

So I thought it would be a fun idea to let you guys decide what font the site uses!

Go to google fonts and submit your font in this thread. On Wednesday we'll gather the best ones and take a vote on those. The best will be decided by how many members submit said font.

Thanks!

-g1nt3r 

[SIZE= 8px]I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY FONTS BASED ON ILLEGIBILITY AND/OR GOOFINESS. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
COMIC SANS!!!!!!!!!

but really,

Unless you wanna go with a stencil style for a military theme like "Black Ops One", "Exo" (or "Exo 2") has a lotta styles and looks decent/clear, or I could send you "Yautja" (Predator language) ;

yautja_zpsmicoce0h.png

...but only me and like 3 other people can read it

Last edited by a moderator:

Voyager42

Community Agent
I think Titillium Web gets my vote. I also like the Special Elite but not I could handle looking at that for a long post. Maybe Titillium for post content and Special Elite for all other font such as usernames and all the info on the left? 

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
3rd one it the most legible.

I like that titillium web
the titillium is pretty good, but i think i feel in love with the Apocalyptic ones. i don't know, is it just me or does it fit with the game to have an overtone of everything has fallen?

and your probably right the 3rd one i picked is probably the best out of my 3.

are you guys going for more of a very cool unique look or a more legible normal-ish font?

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
the titillium is pretty good, but i think i feel in love with the Apocalyptic ones. i don't know, is it just me or does it fit with the game to have an overtone of everything has fallen?

are you guys going for more of a very cool unique look or a more legible normal-ish font?
Text based forums, so "easily readable" is a necessity...with "cool" coming in a close second.

g1nt3r

Death Otter

Yeah easiest read is the most important thing as this is going to be the entire forum font, this text here will be in that font.

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
Yeah easiest read is the most important thing as this is going to be the entire forum font, this text here will be in that font.
i really hope we go with the special elit to have that mixture of Readable and Martial law feel, everything has fallen.

even though all the others are great, i feel this could separate this site from all others in a great way.

or maybe the feature to choose between that font and a couple others?

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
I thought about suggesting that, but I wasn't sure about the amount of work g1nt3r wants here lol. Good idea though.
well im glad others like the idea, i hope it goes through, some other forums have a template that has 8-9 fonts, maybe it could be coded like Word is or Notepad office

im sure there is free code somewhere on the web, that he could insert to make the change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements