• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PVE Griefing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuLLeTSpOnGe

Community Member
Why is this even a thing?  Abusing the kick system at the last boss to deny people loot in pve is got to be the most asshole thing to do?  Can they implement a vote kick system, or at least have a not during combat and or loot timer no kick option?

I understand there are pvp elements of this game, but shouldn't they remain in the dz, including the griefing other players via kicks?

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Rule 1. Never run content you have problems completing with a pug through matchmaking. It's easy to make friends on the boards here or elsewhere.

Rule 2. If the content is easy enough that any other players will do, make sure you get the leader position.

Rule 3. When in doubt, re-read the first two rules.

Voyager42

Community Agent
Me and a friend played a couple missions and invited randoms. Good times. Other than the fact the lower gear score players kept dying. A lot. But then I was the team leader. When I have run with randoms though and I wasn't the team leader I make it a point to focus on the end boss and get to them as soon as I can to get my loot. 

shootinxs76

Community Veteran
I only ever kicked a random one time and it was literally 2 minutes into Lexington because a friend logged on.  We hadn't even cleared the street and gone inside at that point.  I felt absolutely terrible about it.  He then sent me a message over xbox asking me why.  I felt horrible and apologized profusely.  He was understanding about it but it still bothers me to this day.  But then again, I'm also a player who has never gone rogue on someone just for fun.  I have people on my friends list who I absolutely will not run the DZ with because they will go rogue whenever they see a solo player in the DZ.  Not my cup of tea.

Addihul

Community Agent
I only ever kicked a random one time and it was literally 2 minutes into Lexington because a friend logged on.  We hadn't even cleared the street and gone inside at that point.  I felt absolutely terrible about it.  He then sent me a message over xbox asking me why.  I felt horrible and apologized profusely.  He was understanding about it but it still bothers me to this day.  But then again, I'm also a player who has never gone rogue on someone just for fun.  I have people on my friends list who I absolutely will not run the DZ with because they will go rogue whenever they see a solo player in the DZ.  Not my cup of tea.
Fair enough mate

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
There are VALID and perfect reasons to kick players, there's a reason the option is there so don't worry about being tarred with the same brush. Its only players who effectively "use" other players only to complete a mission but kick them just at the last moment so they can't gain the final drop! 

It doesn't happen much but its such a horrible thing to do. Plenty of suggestions have been put forward for solutions, I'm sure Massive are working on something. 

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
HVT is also seeing a little bit of an issue.

Players can join after you have spent the intel (piggy backing) and then kill the boss before you have a chance to hit them so you also get no loot.  They then disappear.

Someone hit me with it the other night and as it was a lvl 32 HVT mission I was a little perturbed to say the least at the end when they just vanished.  TB fair, they just took down the boss and I had no line of sight so may not have been deliberate but still pretty crappy.  I will be having words with them next time they join me  :10_wink: .  Its no one from here though :12_slight_smile: .

Personally I think the HVT missions should be locked like the PvE missions are after you pay the intel.  Would also be nice to have a intel 'pot' that everyone could contribute to in order to pool intel for some missions.  Having a single player having to pay for the team can be a bit rough, especially if the team is randoms.

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter

Players can join after you have spent the intel (piggy backing) and then kill the boss before you have a chance to hit them so you also get no loot.  They then disappear.

Someone hit me with it the other night and as it was a lvl 32 HVT mission I was a little perturbed to say the least at the end when they just vanished.  TB fair, they just took down the boss and I had no line of sight so may not have been deliberate but still pretty crappy.  I will be having words with them next time they join me  :10_wink: .  Its no one from here though :12_slight_smile: .

Personally I think the HVT missions should be locked like the PvE missions are after you pay the intel.  Would also be nice to have a intel 'pot' that everyone could contribute to in order to pool intel for some missions.  Having a single player having to pay for the team can be a bit rough, especially if the team is randoms.
I would rather attempt HVT solo and fail 5 times than group up with PUGs who could potential abuse your use of Intel tokens

RimBlock

I do for all but the lvl 32s  :12_slight_smile: .

When myself and @Oh. daesu team up then not a problem.  but others can take advantage.

Unfortunately doing the lvl 32 mobs on my own in the time limit with my GS182 weapons and ammo means either the timer or ammo runs out (or I die).  I am now carrying 3 weapons (Sniper, assault and submg) so if there is no ammo then I can swap if needed and if I can hide for a few seconds.

I could do with a decent lvl 204 from somewhere outside the DZ  :10_wink:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I do for all but the lvl 32s  :12_slight_smile: .

When myself and @Oh. daesu team up then not a problem.  but others can take advantage.
What causes the issue? Is it that the boss is killed before youve been able to engage? I read it as an issue with the HTV. Does the player leaving early cause it? Missions and dz groups you dont miss out. Can't see why contracts should be that way. Bugged?

Especially when you're the one who ponied up the intel. That sounds harsh.

Edit: got 50 intel. Shout you a weekly

Last edited by a moderator:

KidGreengene

Community Veteran

Wait... so even in a group, if you don't hit the boss before he dies then he won't drop loot for you, just the team members that did shoot him? That might explain an issue I was having where, fro some reason, loot wouldn't drop from the name guy for everyone.

ShootFirstPodcast

Community Agent
Wait... so even in a group, if you don't hit the boss before he dies then he won't drop loot for you, just the team members that did shoot him? That might explain an issue I was having where, fro some reason, loot wouldn't drop from the name guy for everyone.

[UPDATED] [Gameplay] Daily High Value Targets reset

Type of bug: Gameplay
Name of bug: Daily High Value Targets reset
Description: We are aware of an issue where daily High Value Targets may not reset properly. This is due to the client not updating when the player is ingame at the reset time.
Is an exploit: No
Potential workaround: N/A
Current status: Will be fixed on June 2nd

I think the above is actually what the issue was.  We've ran into it, too; but you probably wouldn't catch it unless you're ALWAYS the one purchasing the missions.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I've run plenty of missions, died, had to respawn but my buddies didn't wait....killed the boss before I got there and ... NO LOOT FOR ME! 

RimBlock

What causes the issue? Is it that the boss is killed before youve been able to engage? I read it as an issue with the HTV. Does the player leaving early cause it? Missions and dz groups you dont miss out. Can't see why contracts should be that way. Bugged?

Especially when you're the one who ponied up the intel. That sounds harsh.

Edit: got 50 intel. Shout you a weekly
Yep, seems you gotta get a hit on the boss to get any loot from them in HVT currently.

Not sure what happened last night with you not being able to restart the HVT mission after it failed as the timer ran out.  Having to apy a second time is really bad unless the missions reset after you bough but before you went back to reset.  But this was a weekly.  I thought the Weeklies allow you to retry without a rebuy like the dailies do but maybe not....

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yep, seems you gotta get a hit on the boss to get any loot from them in HVT currently.
Honestly, i hope it is a bug. If it didn't involve intel, I'd just saying it is an annoying aspect of the game. But spending the intel and not be eligible fir the loot is just being rob.

Not sure what happened last night with you not being able to restart the HVT mission after it failed as the timer ran out.  Having to apy a second time is really bad unless the missions reset after you bough but before you went back to reset.  But this was a weekly.  I thought the Weeklies allow you to retry without a rebuy like the dailies do but maybe not....
*crosses finger* being a weekly hoping it might still be available. Strange it failed like that. All i did was run back around the corner to wait for you guys. And bamm, timeout.

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
Honestly, i hope it is a bug. If it didn't involve intel, I'd just saying it is an annoying aspect of the game. But spending the intel and not be eligible fir the loot is just being rob.

*crosses finger* being a weekly hoping it might still be available. Strange it failed like that. All i did was run back around the corner to wait for you guys. And bamm, timeout.
This happened to myself on a daily mission with some friends. When you enter the "area" of the HVT you will see on your mini map an orange highlighted area. Once you enter this than the mission (HVT) has started, much like the encounters we all did earlier in the game if you run too far away from it there is a countdown saying return to mission. As mine was a daily it failed and I just went back to BoO to restart it. I do believe that the weekly targets (due to being the most difficult and have the best rewards) require you to pay for the contract again after you fail! I know it sucks but just make sure that if one person fast travels to a safe house or mission near by and starts heading to the HVT before the rest of the group, I would advise waiting 100m from the target area and allowing your team to fast travel to you or to catch up. It's annoying but it saves being timed out before you even attempt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements