• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Is the game worth getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Well in all honesty you may not get a very unbiased answer here. Most of us love the game and would definitely recommend it.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Oh oh oh! let me answer...pleaseeeee!

lol

In my honest opinion liking/not liking this game depends on what game you want this to be opposed to what it actually is.

First off ... whilst the game has a single player side to it (even more since the recent DLC) it is, at its core, cooperative multiplayer. Picking up players to play alongside however is RIDICULOUSLY EASY though... of course this may be a problem if you have social anxiety issues but the whole game, including the singleplayer "story" can be played cooperatively.

Yup, from start to finish you can ... and perhaps will enjoy it more ...if you play with friends. 

This game is NOT a Call of Duty, it is NOT a first person shooter. This game is really an MMORPG .... if you have experience with those style games you will notice lots of similarities such as Instances/Dungeons etc. Like these games there are health bars, bosses are damage sponges as well as having specific weaknesses you have to learn....there are even "spells"! (obviously in this game advanced technology, but some are pretty difficult to write off with that explanation still)

If you want a game to run-n-gun .... THIS IS NOT THE GAME FOR YOU. Whilst lots of time will be gunning down enemies in a similar cover based, third person method to Gears of War there is a very deep skill based set where you must balance primary character skills, attributes, armour, weapons, modifications etc. If you don't pay attention to this you won't do anywhere as well...and it is DEEP. For example I now often spend more time crafting, re-rolling, managing inventory and moving items about on my character to get the stats I want than shooting things. 

In the early part of the game (I'd say about 5 hours at least of gameplay), which you can solo, all this won't matter much and you can bash through on sheer force of weapons. Once you hit level cap though and start moving to PvP and higher missions etc you need to look closer. 

The PvP is utterly open!! There are no sides to take, no morals to address....take the good and bad on that if you venture into the PvP area and be warned.

PvE is always being added too, we've had two FREE DLC packs already, paid ones to come still....all have extend the life of the PvE game nicely. 

This game is best enjoyed at a medium pace, enjoy and roam the highly detailed streets....laugh or be shocked at the conversations you hear or CCTV you watch (seriously, some are upsetting!)...and remember that some big chunks of later game can really only be done as a team and that the whole game is best enjoyed as a group. 

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I had stuff to say here, but @quinch1199 friggin nailed it all.

If you like the things he had to say, buy the game. If not, don't.
*blush* I just do my thing....thank you.

Have to say that this game, once you get to level cap, is a min-maxer's wet dream ... lol! 

All those years of AD&D weren't wasted at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
If I got it would anyone play with me and show me what to do anybody from the fourm 
I don't play on your platform, but we have a pretty thriving section dedicated to joining clans/groups here. It's where I and many others found the squads they run with routinely now.

supercat

Fashion Recon
If you enjoy seeing progression within the time spent, then this game is for you

If you enjoy meeting and team up with other people for together's benefit, even become friends with them, then this game is for you

If you enjoy diversity of character build and role in a team, then this game is for you

If you enjoy disturbing other people, stabbing those who done nothing to you in the back, wasting their time while they have spent amount of effort in it to be better in the game, then this game is for you, but don't come back to me if one day you pay the price in any kind of form. I don't know about you and your moral senses, but I personally really don't recommend doing this. You can do this, but that doesn't mean you should.

Now that should be enough, right? Answer these questions and decide it yourself.

Also, don't worry much about teaming up. The matchmaking in this game is good enough, especially for starters. And there always some kind of Hub where you can meet other players to recruit or join.

Little Warfy

Community Member
I would also say

if you enjoy playing solo its 50-50.

the start of the game to lvl 30 is fun. you can do solo, or match make which is great at the early levels, even in the DZ

once you get to level 30, things change a little IMO. you can still Solo, but it becomes harder.

its very difficult to get DZ drops when Soloing (not impossible, but harder).

its very difficult ( I hesitate to say impossible because I'm sure some people will probably disagree) to do incursions solo (another area for nice gear).

Overall, I play Solo as much as I play in groups. I am still having fun, before the last DLC I was starting to think my Division days were over, but its added a nice solo element to keep me interested.

in essence, the answer is yes. buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements