Registering will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
HelixOverdrive

DZ campers

So I'm finally into the DZ. Got a GS just shy of 100. But I've been having trouble because of campers. A group of folks waiting just outside the DZ01 entrance who rush over to kill everyone at the extraction point every time. What can I do? They've made it impossible to get anything out of the DZ & I'm loosing ranking & money because of them.

Registering will remove ads
3 hours ago, HelixOverdrive said:

So I'm finally into the DZ. Got a GS just shy of 100. But I've been having trouble because of campers. A group of folks waiting just outside the DZ01 entrance who rush over to kill everyone at the extraction point every time. What can I do? They've made it impossible to get anything out of the DZ & I'm loosing ranking & money because of them.

The drastic option is to leave the dz, login again. There are multiple instances (depending on volume of pkayers), so you'll get a different instance.

Once you get ganked going thru dz01.. don't go that way again. :) note there are one way "entrances" along the barrier.

As for extraction, don't hang about. Some of the extraction sites you can wait off from a distance and see whether any teams come looking. Then time it and run in if it looks good.

Also, extracting when a supply drop is nearby is easier. They are more likely to go running for the drop than the extraction flare.

Oh, if you're soloing, then yes, you're on the menu.

Edit:

Oh, don't hesitate to try multiple extraction calls should gankers turn up. Sometimes they could not be bother coming back when it is empty.

If you know they'll show, call the extraction, and run immediately to the next extraction site and extract from there. You'll be extracting there while they are waiting for someone to show back at the first extraction.

Edited by Oh. daesu
Add bits
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, HelixOverdrive said:

A group of folks waiting just outside the DZ01 entrance

Use a different entrance? Enter via DZ02? As said above there are ways and means to throw them off by firing up for an extraction then booking it to the other extraction point for example.

If you come in and out of the DZ completely it SHOULD recalculate the instance you're going into and it should then only be a less than even chance that you'll be in the same "universe" as that group.

I know its too late to say now but you're very late to only now be going into the DZ, best way is to start going in from level 12 and gradually build up your DZ rank before you get to level 30 and will start to encounter the big boys. 

• Upvote 1

In 2010, a crack commando unit still evading prison for a crime they didn't commit promptly escaped from another maximum security stockade near the Manhattan underground to the Washingon D.C. swamp land. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Division 2 Team.

3 hours ago, quinch1199 said:

I know its too late to say now but you're very late to only now be going into the DZ, best way is to start going in from level 12 and gradually build up your DZ rank before you get to level 30 and will start to encounter the big boys. 

I wanted to go in sooner, but I had no help. I was always solo & it was impossible for me to kill anything.

1 hour ago, HelixOverdrive said:

I wanted to go in sooner, but I had no help. I was always solo & it was impossible for me to kill anything.

If you start going in at level 12 for example you shouldn't really need that much help. As long as you don't over stretch yourself. 

At level 12+ you start by going in at the southern entrance to DZ01, first crossroads you come to will be two mobs but on your left there's a guard tower (if memory serves, might be the Eastern entrance though). Get into that, wait until the two gangs start to fight each other and carefully put down selective fire. Be the guy to finish off people...that way you won't draw too much aggro but they will drop loot for you. The guard tower protects you from grenades and incoming fire. Sniper with AR backup is best for this area. 

Once both gangs are dead, cheese it and snap up loot....the dash to extraction. The biggest issue I've had is running low on ammo so make sure you keep an eye on this as you WILL need to clear the extraction zone.

Then the hardest part is pegging it back to the exit! Low on ammo...and you can't exit whilst aggro'd, so best to try and get back to that guard tower and hide it out or go back to ultra defensive mode. 

Honestly I didnt notice the guard tower for AGES...but as soon as I did...I've used it extensively. Sort of like corner camping in an RTS lol!

Edited by quinch1199
  • Upvote 1

In 2010, a crack commando unit still evading prison for a crime they didn't commit promptly escaped from another maximum security stockade near the Manhattan underground to the Washingon D.C. swamp land. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Division 2 Team.

This is info I wish I had a lot earlier. Time to start a new agent. Lol

Seriously though, I do like starting over. It lets me kink out any mistakes I made on my first play through & 9/10 times becomes my main character.

I appreciate the advice. :)

3 minutes ago, HelixOverdrive said:

This is info I wish I had a lot earlier. Time to start a new agent. Lol

Seriously though, I do like starting over. It lets me kink out any mistakes I made on my first play through & 9/10 times becomes my main character.

I appreciate the advice. :)

We all get four tries! LOL ... most of us screw something up on the first one, myself included, or realise something can be done better. 

4 minutes ago, quinch1199 said:

We all get four tries! LOL ... most of us screw something up on the first one, myself included, or realise something can be done better. 

Well there we have it. Time to start over. Back to the drawing board.

5 minutes ago, HelixOverdrive said:

Well there we have it. Time to start over. Back to the drawing board.

Nothing is beyond redemption AND remember Phoenix credits etc are shared and you can share dailies etc. The character I got "wrong" now never goes into the DZ but can blast through dailies and is perfect for PvE. 

• Upvote 1