• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Gaming Chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentum047

Community Agent
Hi everyone... Argentum047 here. I have been thinking of buying a video game chair and started doing some research. Currently, I play console and use a large bean bag from LovSac. My Sac is great, but it would be great to have more support overall. My research has lead me to few brands. Namely DXRacer, X Rocker, Merax, Maxnomic, and Arozzi. I know I do not want a chair with speakers. Therefore, most (if not all) of the X Rocker chairs are likely out. Money is not really concern. I have seen some chairs around $500, but ideally I would want the best chair for money. However, I would be willing to pay for quality. Other info that may help: I am 6' tall, 210 lbs, and longer in my torso than legs with longer than average arms. Comfort and support are important. Color options and looks are secondary.

So this is were you come in... What are your thoughts, opinions, and recommendations on chairs? Would you buy yours again? Have you ever had a negative experience with a particular brand? Etc...I appreciate any and all feedback here. Thanks for reading and helping a fellow Agent out! 

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Oh man I love bean bags. However I play on PC and just use a pretty standard chair. Maybe I should invest in a nicer one like you are.

Grank

Community Member
@Argentum047From videos i have watched and looked around a bit. I eventually gave up and just fixed my old chair for now. I have a hard time buying anything online that is furniture. Esp. if i am going to be sitting in it a lot. I am 6'4'' 280 and some of those "gaming" chairs are hard to tell if they will fit my frame.

You could also look into High End computer chairs they get expensive quick but you may find something there too.

That being said I don't have much info to help you bud. Sorry. :(

Blazzen67

i just recently got a DXRacer chair. im 6' 1" 200lbs and its very comfortable, i did a lot of research and browsing, settled on this chair. glad i did. But it just comes down to personal taste really. a chair that is good for one, might not be good for someone else

Last edited by a moderator:

Argentum047

Community Agent
Thanks guys. I have been looking into DXRacer. They seem to have a very good reputation within the gaming community. I am hoping to find a local store that carries DXRacer and other brands.

@Grank I agree about buying furniture online.

xDeadmanx

Community Jedi
Id like a DXRacer but they have wheels dont they?

I have carpet flooring and dont want to ruin it. i currently use a small version of a recliner chair

CarpeAdam79

Community Agent
I need to look into this as well. I currently just lounge on the couch in my living room but I think sitting a little closer in a better position would greatly improve my ability in shooters. I don't need any bells and whistles, just a comfortable chair I can easily store when I'm not using it.

Argentum047

Community Agent
Id like a DXRacer but they have wheels dont they?

I have carpet flooring and dont want to ruin it. i currently use a small version of a recliner chair
I think so. My understanding that DXRacer chairs use larger wheels than most of their competitors. Maybe having a larger diameter wheel may help with carpet. 

MasonicLove

Only 9000$

slide_383274_4566772_free.jpg

CoryMiller

You have probably heard about DXracer chairs. They are actually quite good and You can definitely find the right size for you. Just remember when you pick the chair for you consider the size of it, so you do not end up buying a chair that is just too flapping massive. There is a great article explaining the main things to keep in mind, So I will just drop the link so you can see it for yourself. http://www.cyankee.com/gaming-chairs/

Theresa

Have you tried bar stools to play games?? I'm playing in PC and my father just bought a bar stool and I tried playing sitting in it. I just loved the experience. It was high and we can adjust the height. It was a different feel to play in that chair. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Have you tried bar stools to play games?? I'm playing in PC and my father just bought a bar stool and I tried playing sitting in it. I just loved the experience. It was high and we can adjust the height. It was a different feel to play in that chair. 
Sans alcohol and bar stools?

No disrespect.

I think of the swivel factor. I know my wife has seen the body movement when things aren't going my way. So, on a bar stool that translates in swivel motion.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Fantastic pic for this one: hardcore gaming chair with all sorts of bells & whistles, shows pic of chick sitting in the chair playing mobile games.  WTF?!?

IMG_3666.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements