• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PTS Anyone one doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Anyone doing the PTS? It's open for those who applied for Sweden. 

Love to here about the experience.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I forgot last night so will try tonight.

Have not received any emails or anything from them which is a bit surprising but will give it a go.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Firecrest

(2 piece) +3 incinderary bullets

(3) fire turret  + 50% range + 30% damage)

(4) + 15 damage for on-fire targets

So, firecrest should be (a bit?) more dps than a gimmicky gear set.

Well,to be fair. LS & firecrest LMG was a fun build, but still replacing with striker or sentry was better performing.

EDIT: no I don't have access. and not much time. but curiosity. and new talents to play with...  :4_joy:

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Firecrest

(2 piece) +3 incinderary bullets

(3) fire turret  + 50% range + 30% damage)

(4) + 15 damage for on-fire targets

So, firecrest should be (a bit?) more dps than a gimmicky gear set.

Well,to be fair. LS & firecrest LMG was a fun build, but still replacing with striker or sentry was better performing.

EDIT: no I don't have access. and not much time. but curiosity. and new talents to play with...  :4_joy:
So do you get a fire turret even if you don't have turrets as  one of your talents/skills?

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
So do you get a fire turret even if you don't have turrets as  one of your talents/skills?
Shop assistances must tremble when you walk into a store @quinch1199  :4_joy:  You're one tough customer.

I'm guessing you need to slot that skill. Just a bonus.

Though, having said that. I was thinking it be better not to tie it to one single skill.

RimBlock

So no invite to PTS turned up so I will just wait until Monday when it is open to all.  No point chasing up for a couple of days play.

RimBlock

Still didn't have is appear on UPlay or Steam last night.  Will check again today.  Hopefully it will be there and I can download and give it a go. 

RimBlock

In and enjoying it.  Has much more of a 0-->30 level feel.

Early days but looking fairly good so far.

Just had a delta error and am being told I have a poor server connection but I am in Asia and I am guessing they have limited numbers of PTS servers possibly in a single location.

Wow... position in queue 1108....  :51_scream:

Update:

So the missions are fine.  I am doing hard solo at GS 155.  Have just moved up to World Tier 2 and it is notably harder.  Level 31 enemies.  Hit harder but still doable.  The turret is useful as a force multiplier to split enemy fire if playing solo.  The recovery sig skill has saved me a couple of times.

Only thing is that there are GS229 players running around the WT 2.  Thought progression up the tiers was the idea.  Guess they have progressed up and are now coming down unless the common areas are not bound by the WT levels.

Oh and you can join and others can join your missions (Lincoln Tunnel etc) at any stage.  I joined someone just starting the last boss fight at Madison and someone joined my game at the last boss fight for Lincoln.   I can see that being abused  :12_slight_smile: .  Matchmaking is pretty hard due to the number of players being low.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yeah, the open world you can choose lower tiers. Just like in 1.3, a gs#255 can do Hard mode. They just get crappy (relatively speaking) 163 gear.

And being invited to a higher tier. Apart from power leveling someone, it means the tiers don't stop people playing with thier friends.

RimBlock

Up to GS 190 now.  About 8 hours in and all world tiers open.  Tier 3 challenging completed with a random group and it was... well... challenging.  The others were 200+ GS.

I am using a 182 MK-17 marksman rifle which is pretty good and a 182 L82-A2.

A few observations.  

A few Delta errors kicking the whole team.

when trying to move from inventory to stash the inventory panes scroll bars are missing until you put one item in to stash and then they appear.

All GS items are in yhe vendors which makes going up GS far to easy.  I bought 204 and 229 pieces as they were pretty cheap.  One hard mission got enough to buy a good gs piece.

My 182 MK17 is better than the 229 M1A at one of the safehouse vendors.  Mainly to do with talents.

The health sig skill not propping revive when in a group has killed me a couple of times.

Enjoying it so far.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
My 182 MK17 is better than the 229 M1A at one of the safehouse vendors.  Mainly to do with talents
Oh god...is the game still filled with this crap... a 182 has no right to be better than a 229 - PERIOD - it shouldn't work that way at all. *crying!*

RimBlock

They are different guns with different stats.  That is probably the only saving grace.  I suspect the MK17 was a very good 182 roll with the talents and stats and the M1A was very poor but it had better damage per hit (around same rate of fire but half the mag size).  Overall, that 229 M1A was not an upgrade on my 182 MK17, all things considered IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements