Registering will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
Oh. daesu

PTS Anyone one doing this?

Anyone doing the PTS? It's open for those who applied for Sweden. 

Love to here about the experience.

Registering will remove ads

Nah, I'm one of the bastard stepchildren... I mean PS4 players, either we don't get shit or we get it late. 

• Upvote 1

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

Check out my YouTube channel for Division content -

https://www.youtube.com/deadsockpuppet

forumsig2.png

I forgot last night so will try tonight.

Have not received any emails or anything from them which is a bit surprising but will give it a go.

• Upvote 1

You want some, come get some.

I didn't apply for Sweden as I thought Ubisoft would have just come to get me as I'm so great ... (*wink*)

• Upvote 2

In 2010, a crack commando unit still evading prison for a crime they didn't commit promptly escaped from another maximum security stockade near the Manhattan underground to the Washingon D.C. swamp land. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Division 2 Team.

1 hour ago, quinch1199 said:

I didn't apply for Sweden as I thought Ubisoft would have just come to get me as I'm so great ... (*wink*)

The Swedes would have, but after the brexit... (*shrugs*)

• Upvote 1

Firecrest

(2 piece) +3 incinderary bullets

(3) fire turret  + 50% range + 30% damage)

(4) + 15 damage for on-fire targets

So, firecrest should be (a bit?) more dps than a gimmicky gear set.

Well,to be fair. LS & firecrest LMG was a fun build, but still replacing with striker or sentry was better performing.

EDIT: no I don't have access. and not much time. but curiosity. and new talents to play with... :4_joy:

10 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

Firecrest

(2 piece) +3 incinderary bullets

(3) fire turret  + 50% range + 30% damage)

(4) + 15 damage for on-fire targets

So, firecrest should be (a bit?) more dps than a gimmicky gear set.

Well,to be fair. LS & firecrest LMG was a fun build, but still replacing with striker or sentry was better performing.

EDIT: no I don't have access. and not much time. but curiosity. and new talents to play with... :4_joy:

So do you get a fire turret even if you don't have turrets as  one of your talents/skills?

In 2010, a crack commando unit still evading prison for a crime they didn't commit promptly escaped from another maximum security stockade near the Manhattan underground to the Washingon D.C. swamp land. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Division 2 Team.

1 hour ago, quinch1199 said:

So do you get a fire turret even if you don't have turrets as  one of your talents/skills?

Shop assistances must tremble when you walk into a store @quinch1199 :4_joy: You're one tough customer.

I'm guessing you need to slot that skill. Just a bonus.

Though, having said that. I was thinking it be better not to tie it to one single skill.

• Upvote 1

So no invite to PTS turned up so I will just wait until Monday when it is open to all.  No point chasing up for a couple of days play.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RimBlock said:

So no invite to PTS turned up so I will just wait until Monday when it is open to all.  No point chasing up for a couple of days play.

Yeah, they might have shut the door before it started.

Monday 26th.  No PTS :55_frowning:.

Oh well they never said at what time on the 26th I guess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RimBlock said:

Monday 26th.  No PTS :55_frowning:.

Oh well they never said at what time on the 26th I guess.

Yeah, no uplay for a while too. But, downloading now....

Still didn't have is appear on UPlay or Steam last night.  Will check again today.  Hopefully it will be there and I can download and give it a go. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RimBlock said:

Still didn't have is appear on UPlay or Steam last night.  Will check again today.  Hopefully it will be there and I can download and give it a go. 

Steam has had much more of a delay. 

In and enjoying it.  Has much more of a 0-->30 level feel.

Early days but looking fairly good so far.

Just had a delta error and am being told I have a poor server connection but I am in Asia and I am guessing they have limited numbers of PTS servers possibly in a single location.

Wow... position in queue 1108.... :51_scream:

Update:

So the missions are fine.  I am doing hard solo at GS 155.  Have just moved up to World Tier 2 and it is notably harder.  Level 31 enemies.  Hit harder but still doable.  The turret is useful as a force multiplier to split enemy fire if playing solo.  The recovery sig skill has saved me a couple of times.

Only thing is that there are GS229 players running around the WT 2.  Thought progression up the tiers was the idea.  Guess they have progressed up and are now coming down unless the common areas are not bound by the WT levels.

Oh and you can join and others can join your missions (Lincoln Tunnel etc) at any stage.  I joined someone just starting the last boss fight at Madison and someone joined my game at the last boss fight for Lincoln.   I can see that being abused :12_slight_smile:.  Matchmaking is pretty hard due to the number of players being low.

Edited by RimBlock
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, the open world you can choose lower tiers. Just like in 1.3, a gs#255 can do Hard mode. They just get crappy (relatively speaking) 163 gear.

And being invited to a higher tier. Apart from power leveling someone, it means the tiers don't stop people playing with thier friends.

Up to GS 190 now.  About 8 hours in and all world tiers open.  Tier 3 challenging completed with a random group and it was... well... challenging.  The others were 200+ GS.

I am using a 182 MK-17 marksman rifle which is pretty good and a 182 L82-A2.

A few observations.  

A few Delta errors kicking the whole team.

when trying to move from inventory to stash the inventory panes scroll bars are missing until you put one item in to stash and then they appear.

All GS items are in yhe vendors which makes going up GS far to easy.  I bought 204 and 229 pieces as they were pretty cheap.  One hard mission got enough to buy a good gs piece.

My 182 MK17 is better than the 229 M1A at one of the safehouse vendors.  Mainly to do with talents.

The health sig skill not propping revive when in a group has killed me a couple of times.

Enjoying it so far.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RimBlock said:

My 182 MK17 is better than the 229 M1A at one of the safehouse vendors.  Mainly to do with talents

Oh god...is the game still filled with this crap... a 182 has no right to be better than a 229 - PERIOD - it shouldn't work that way at all. *crying!*

Edited by quinch1199
  • Upvote 1

They are different guns with different stats.  That is probably the only saving grace.  I suspect the MK17 was a very good 182 roll with the talents and stats and the M1A was very poor but it had better damage per hit (around same rate of fire but half the mag size).  Overall, that 229 M1A was not an upgrade on my 182 MK17, all things considered IMO.

57 minutes ago, RimBlock said:

They are different guns with different stats.  That is probably the only saving grace.  I suspect the MK17 was a very good 182 roll with the talents and stats and the M1A was very poor but it had better damage per hit (around same rate of fire but half the mag size).  Overall, that 229 M1A was not an upgrade on my 182 MK17, all things considered IMO.

Doesn't matter, the tiers shouldn't have overlap.  If a 163 is 9-10k DMG, then 182 would be 10.1-11k, 204 11.1-12k, & 229 12.1-13k, or something like that.  And this shouldn't be just for DMG, it should be for the weapon bonus too (stagger, DMG out of cover, headshot DMG, etc.).  

• Upvote 1

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

Check out my YouTube channel for Division content -

https://www.youtube.com/deadsockpuppet

forumsig2.png

impressions from maybe 1 -2 hours.

Love the little things, like the ammo refilling the mag (hopefully that also means empty mags in your inventory. i.e when you are running out of ammo in ug and switching weapons. Such as pain to have to go back to your inventory to re slot weapons to fill the mag and then refill at the ammo box again)

After hearing about being able to run in the boo, found that was only with the passage to the UG and not the boo entrance. No biggy, just the feeling of getting caught on a hidden disclaimer, lol.

Extra gear slots. Some slots for stat mods some for perf mods. And yet visually, I can't tell the difference. I assumed it was a glitch until someone told me. 

Weapon handling. It's nice to have to aim better again.

Weapon Nerfs and buffs. Staring off at gs#131 and only a short play, so not really in a position to tell.

Roaming. My first gs#163 came when I went a couple of blocks from the boo for quick mats.

Loot. I seriously hope the speed for getting loot is because it is pts and they wish to help lab rats gear up quick. otherwise, way, way too easy and quick.  From one extreme to the other

12 hours ago, DeadSockPuppet said:

Doesn't matter, the tiers shouldn't have overlap.  If a 163 is 9-10k DMG, then 182 would be 10.1-11k, 204 11.1-12k, & 229 12.1-13k, or something like that.  And this shouldn't be just for DMG, it should be for the weapon bonus too (stagger, DMG out of cover, headshot DMG, etc.).  

Agreed but talents can also go to making one weapon better than another.

From what I see, damage is affected by weapon GS but not special damage for that weapon type (ie. Headshot damage on snipers) or anything else.  I would also have liked to see talents scaling up with GS so the Accuracy talent could give +15% @ 163, +20% @ 182 etc.  Would make it difficult to manage as people jumped up and down the world tiers though.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DeadSockPuppet said:

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RimBlock said:

Agreed but talents can also go to making one weapon better than another.

From what I see, damage is affected by weapon GS but not special damage for that weapon type (ie. Headshot damage on snipers) or anything else.  I would also have liked to see talents scaling up with GS so the Accuracy talent could give +15% @ 163, +20% @ 182 etc.  Would make it difficult to manage as people jumped up and down the world tiers though.

Because vital aspects of the game are calculated on Gear Score this must NOT be the case with gear or weapons! What is the point of having a Match Maker that uses gear score if I can load up loads of low Gear Score items that are MORE POWERFUL than higher level Gear Score items, join a lower level tier via match maker in the DZ and melt everyone??!!

Oh...hold on...THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT IS NOW. 

Fix this one issue and you end up fixing LOADS of serious gameplay problems.

This is so infuriatingly easy to see yet Massive seem unable to spot it!! *grrr!!*

Edited by quinch1199
  • Upvote 2