• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

I'm still here.......just.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
So I downloaded the 1.4 update last weekend, in between playing some BF1. 

Then my PS4 went and broke. Thankfully it's covered by an extended warranty so I'm waiting for a decision from the insurance people. I'm the meantime it's Xbox One for me. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
use the money to go towards a PC....

*giggle!*
To that I reply with this:

"Console A sucks! Console B is way better and never has problems!   I don't know how to build a cheap PC that out performs both! Rabble rabble!!"
That's been my friend's sig on our clan forums since the current gen consoles were in discussion.  

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
I thought I'd offer an update. The last couple of weeks have been an absolute nightmare, dealing with people and trying to get things fixed. 

I won't bore you with the details but I've been persistent and secured a victory: I am now the proud owner of a brand new PS4 Pro which has come as a bundle with Fallout 4 and Infamous 2, all at no cost. 

It's not all good though: I'm having problems transferring my data. The knackered PS4 has gone and I've set up the new one. Having tried to download my data applications from the 'cloud' I can't find anything for The Division. I really don't want to grind through another 200+ hours after starting again to get back to where I was. Anybody got any ideas?

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
It's not all good though: I'm having problems transferring my data. The knackered PS4 has gone and I've set up the new one. Having tried to download my data applications from the 'cloud' I can't find anything for The Division. I really don't want to grind through another 200+ hours after starting again to get back to where I was. Anybody got any ideas
That sucks balls.... I can't answer as I don't know how the saves are handled with PSN. 

One very tiny nugget to cheer you up might be that since 1.4 changes the game experience from start is COMPLETELY different. Ai is significantly more challenging, I've started a new character to review how the game plays now in Story Mode and I've even failed an Encounter Mission already! Granted I'm only at level 5 but still its been a good experience. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I'd suggest reaching out to Sony support, Ubisoft Division support and tweet at Yannick and Hamish to see if either of them might be able to help somehow.  They should be able to see how much you've played somehow on their end.  I don't know if they'd be able to restore your toons, but it's worth a try.

Some kinda good news, you could probably get a toon from 1-30 in 6-8 hrs, probably 4 if you have someone power level you.  As for gear, with 1.4/1.5, gear is raining everywhere so you'd be able to get solid gear pretty quickly.  Besides, if you were GS 229, you'd need all new gear anyway, since the new cap is at GS 256.  

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
So, I've spoken to PlayStation Europe and can access my saved game data, which is great! 

On another note has anyone planted Fallout 4 and would it be suitable for my kid? He's nearly 11 and it was one of the freebies I got with my new PS4. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Good to hear about restoring your saves, looking forward to running with you in the future.  

I've played Fallout 4 and I'd like it to the Walking Dead kind of universe.  Sometimes you're fighting creatures/nuked animals and sometimes it's people from other factions.  I didn't get too far into the game because I started building and couldn't get back to the missions and then I moved on to something else.  

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
I had about an hour or two on Sunday playing Division for the first time in months. It's certainly different but I'm not sure I'm feeling it. I really didn't know what to do. The GS thing is different and all my 264 stuff has been downgraded to 228. WTF? 

Maybe I need to play it with some friends? It wasn't particularly fun on my own. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
With 1.3, they changed the GS cap to 229 and changed the gear set pieces to have their GS mirror that if the HE gear.  The gear pieces still are just as powerful, they only changed the score #.  264s became 229, 240s became 191, 214s became 182 & 204s became 163.

With 1.4 & 1.5 they increased the GS cap to 256 and made loot rain from the skies.  HVT doesn't only give lone star and random trash mobs (as well as bosses) in the PvE world now can give HE and gear sets in drops.  Basically, you can have fun and gear up and you don't have to do any DZ, HVT, Underground, missions or anything, you can just run around the PvE city.  

Maybe I need to play it with some friends? It wasn't particularly fun on my own. 
Yes, it's probably going to be better coming back with a group so you can do some Q&A while playing, but once you get the hang of it you'll be good solo.  However, if you're just not into it anymore, hold out until March and get Wildlands. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I had about an hour or two on Sunday playing Division for the first time in months. It's certainly different but I'm not sure I'm feeling it. I really didn't know what to do. The GS thing is different and all my 264 stuff has been downgraded to 228. WTF? 

What world tier were you playing on? I could fully understand if you were playing on a too low tier that game play might be unfulfilling. :( 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements