Registering will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
Tlamb93

Extremely lost with getting the right gear

Hello all, I'm currently at 256 GS and I'm lost because I just don't have direction when it comes to what gear I'm looking for or how to get better. I've kind of hit a wall. I'm really confused because I've heard from people that the DPS stat is invalid and to not pay attention to it and I honestly don't know what to look at to know if I'm doing the right thing or not when it comes to building gear! I want a high DPS build with survivability with a little bit of SP to stay balanced. I honestly don't know where to start though because I never know what stats to look at and what gear to keep! It's gotten so confusing to me and I've spent hours looking online at different stuff but am still confused.

• Upvote 2

Registering will remove ads

My current stats are: 

7169 firearms (376k DPS)

4045 stamina (298k toughness)

3197 electronics (124k SP)

20% crit

80% crit damage

0% damage to elites

31.3% armor mitigation

225k max hp

• Upvote 1

With 1.6, your mitigation isn't too bad and your toughness isn't horrible.  You might be able to recalibrate some of your gear (chest, pads, pack, holster) to add more health and increase your toughness.  Out of curiosity, what are the major stats on your chest piece, kneepads, backpack and holster? The major stats would be found right below the stat bonus (firearm, stamina, electronics), if you scroll down when looking at the piece. 

Another thing to check is how close your armor stats are on your gear.  You want them to be as close to the following values as possible:

Chest - 2003

Mask - 1001

Pads - 1668

Pack - 1334

Gloves - 1001

Holster - 1001

If you have a piece or pieces that are far off from those numbers, you might look to find replacements, which would increase your mitigation and toughness.  Based on your current percentage, I'd guess you're pretty close,  but that's another possibility.  

Finally, what gear pieces do you have in each slot: chest, mask, pads, pack, gloves, holster.  We might be able to offer some suggestions on how to beef up some of your stats while not cutting others.  

• Upvote 2

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

Check out my YouTube channel for Division content -

https://www.youtube.com/deadsockpuppet

forumsig2.png

Thank you for replying! I'm just looking for direction and I feel as if I'm aimlessly running around getting gear and not really know what to look for. How do I know how many firearms/stamina/electronics pieces I need to have? As for your question, here are my gear pieces:

Chest: Prototype stamina, advanced firearms

Mask: prototype electronics

knees: prototype firearms

backpack: prototype electronics

keep in mind for most of the time so far I've been equipping gear and mods while looking at the primary DPS stat in the left top corner...I've also been equipping weapon mods based on how high they make the DPS. I have since learned that the DPS stat is very innacurate and have started using Best in slot tables starting last night. I'm now just confused on what gear to keep, what to equip, and how to mix and match my gear.

i would prefer a good DPS build with some survivability and enough electronics to have a decently effective heal - so somewhat balanced with emphasis on firearms. I currently have 7169 firearms but how can I tell if my DPS is good enough?

The reason why DPS is a tough number to use, is because you only get that number if you're using your weapons 100% to the max.  If you have a sniper that's got bonuses to headshots and headshot mods, you won't hit the DPS number if you're not constantly making headshots.  For an SMG that has bonuses to crit hit chance (CHC), you won't be hitting the DPS number if you're missing your targets or not getting crits.  

When I was asking about the gear in each slot (chest, mask, pads, pack, gloves, holster) I was interested in what pieces you were running,  not necessarily what mods you had (as you listed above).  I'm curious to see if you have any matched set pieces or if you're running a bunch of random stuff (Frankenstein build).  

-----------------------------

As for a build to try, I'd suggest a 4 piece Predator's Mark/2 piece high end.  Here's what I'd suggest:

Chest: Predator's Mark piece

Mask: Predator's Mark piece

Pads: Predator's Mark piece

Pack: Specialized pack (high end)

Gloves: Savage gloves (high end)

Holster: Predator's Mark piece

What this will give you is the following from Predator's Mark:

(2) Piece: Reload Speed +10% 

(3) Piece: +8% Assault Rifle Damage/ +8% SMG Damage 

(4) Piece: Talent : Hit 10 shots without switching targets to make the target bleed for 50% of damage already inflicted

The specialized pack gives you a skill point bonus equal to your (firearms + stamina) x 200%.  The savage gloves will give you +13% crit hit chance against targets out of cover.  Try to recalibrate the major stat on your chest, pads, pack and holster so help boost your toughness.  On your mask, try to recalibrate the major stat to skill point and on your gloves try to recalibrate your major stat to bonus AR damage and if you already have that then recalibrate to also have bonus SMG damage.  

You'll then want to look mostly for firearms and stamina on your gear, but try to keep some points (maybe one piece) in electronics to give you some skill points.  The key will be to make sure that you have enough points in each skill so that you can unlock the talents on your weapons.  

For weapons, you'll get a mix of different suggestions, but I'd suggest G36, M4 or LVOA-C for an AR primary and either an MP-5 or MP-7 as a SMG secondary.  Some good talents are:

Fierce: increases crit hit chance by 5%

Self-preserved: crits heal you for 3% of the damage you caused 

Stable: increases stability by 20%

Accurate: increase accuracy by 20%

Destructive: +15% enemy armor damage

Ferocious: +10% bonus damage to named and elite enemies

Sustained: killing a target increases your health by 6%

Swift: +25% reload speed 

Deadly: +18% crit hit damage

There's other talents that can be useful if you're using weapons other than ARs and SMGs and if you're a better at hitting headshots and other things, but any combo of these works well on ARs and SMGs.  ARs have bonus armor damage as part of the AR type and SMGs have bonus crit hit chance as part of the SMG type, so sometimes it can be good to stack crit talents on SMGs to make them crit machines and armor damage on ARs to shred enemy armor.  With this kind of setup you  could close on an enemy with an AR and shred their armor and then switch to your SMG and crit the hell out of them to drop them.  

With my Predator's Mark build, I run Pulse with the bonus damage on pulsed enemies and I run first aid with the overheal as my skills and tactical link as my signature.  For my talents, I use:

Adrenaline: use a medkit and get an overheal

Critical Save: use a medkit with low health to increase damage resistance 40% for 10 sec

Combat Medic: use a medkit and heal enemies within 20m by 40%

Shrapnel: applying bleed to a target gives a 30% chance of causing enemies within 10m to bleed

The medkit talents stack to make your medkits more usueful, which you'll need since your skill points probably won't be super high and thus you're heals won't be super powerful.  Shrapnel partners with the 4 piece bonus from your gear, basically after 10 consecutive shots on one enemy you cause bleed and then all enemeies within 10m have a 30% chance of getting bleed.  

Try out a build like the one above, I think you'll like it.  Make some changes to fit your play style and make the build your own and let me know if you have any questions.

• Upvote 2

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

forumsig2.png

Thank you for the lengthy post! Im unfortunately away from my Xbox for a few days so I can't quite remember specifically what gear I have. I'm currently looking to get 4 pieces of Striker gear (I like the bonus and I've read that Striker set is very good again in 1.6). My current strategy is to just grind and farm as much gear as possible and sell the gear not close to the armor maxes until I have a few pieces for each slot near max armor. Once I have at least four Striker set gear pieces and high armor gear I'm gonna mix and match the pieces around based on the stats. I'm thinking I'll probably do a stamina chest piece and 4 firearms pieces. For mods I'm thinking I'll do all stamina mods to get my toughness higher. I'll then recalibrate using BiS guides. Right now I'm using the Liberator as my main AR and a bolt action sniper that does about 126k per bullet. As a solo player what do you think the best way to farm gear is? I've been playing Last Stand and getting all of the collectibles - Each collectible gives a ton of xp and this is an effective way to hoard supply caches. I've also been selling most of my unused gear and buying the caches for even more PxC and gear. Are these good strategies?

Am I on the right track? Is my objective as far as the Striker set and 2 HE a good idea?

• Upvote 2

You're welcome on the post, I hope that it proves helpful.   For farming, pretty much any activity can get you most pieces of gear and weapons, so just do what you Iike to do and you should be set.  

I've personally never been a Striker fan, because I'm not always super accurate.  As long as you feel like you'll be hitting most of your shots, in order to proc the 4 piece bonus, go ahead with the build.  If you're not a consistently accurate shot, you might want to consider a different set that you'll get all the benefits from 2, 3 & 4 pieces. 

• Upvote 1

forumsig2.png