Registering will remove ads
Sign in to follow this  
afcTee

Moving around an object, while in Cover

On Xbox One, how does one move around an object, while in Cover?
I could have sworn I've done this before, but totally forgot how to.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Registering will remove ads

If you push in the direction of the edge of the cover, you should pause a sec to hold the edge.  When you do, push in the same direction you were moving and you should "turn the corner" on the wall or object.  

• Upvote 1

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

Check out my YouTube channel for Division content -

https://www.youtube.com/deadsockpuppet

forumsig2.png

Hmm, this still isn't working as expected. Maybe I'm simply doing it wrong. I was testing around a car, and on the corner of a building. 

When I FIRST got the game in November, it would often do it, almost on its own. Now, I can't seem to just do it when I need it. I see other do it often in videos, albeit, not sure what console (or PC), they are using...

• Upvote 1

That's odd.  It's been like 2 weeks since I've played The Division, but I'm pretty sure that's the correct way to move around a corner.  

Doing a quick Google search I see that you asked the same question on the official game forums and are getting the same answers.  I found a post on GameFAQS that references the setting they mentioned to you on the other forum.  

Not sure if everyone knows this, so I thought I'd share.

If you go into settings/controls, you can change 2 settings that helped me a lot in fire fights. 

The "move around cover corner with button press" setting I changed to YES. Now you don't automatically move around a corner exposing yourself. You must press and hold A to move around the corner.

Also, i set "movement can exit cover" to NO. Now I don't accidentally move out of cover and get shot. You must press A to exit.

This helped me a lot...I hope it helps some others

It's possible that you have the first setting set to require the button press to move around the corner, which would explain why my suggestion doesn't work.  If you try tinkering with the settings and still can't get it to work, I'd suggest trying to take a short video of you not being able to do it and then post up a help request on the official forums with the video proof included.  

• Upvote 1

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

forumsig2.png

For me (PC), using a logitech controller, I have to face the corner, push that direction until and (a) appears, then push the A button to move around the corner.  Moving along a straight line while in cover just push along like normal moving except I push into the cover so as not to pop out.

...gene

• Upvote 2

That would be the feature mentioned in the quote above (hitting A to turn the corner).  I can't remember if I have that enabled on PS4 or not.  

forumsig2.png

I think I'm starting to get this working correctly now. 

Working on a PC project currently (upgrade graphics card, in stall The Division, etc.), thus I'm sure I'll have to learn this again ;)

• Upvote 1