• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Apple Watch Face (Ubisoft needs to make an app)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runecrow

I did a search and found an old post from over a year ago about this topic but decided to make a new one instead of resurrecting and dead post.  In it was discussed how there should be an Apple Watch face for The Division made, but it can't be done because of Apple's restrictions on customization.  It appears now that the solution would be for Ubisoft to develop an official app with a complication.  In the watch settings there is the ability under the "X-Large" watch faces to have the time and one app complication.  If Ubisoft made an app that looked like the watches worn in the game when used as a watch face complication, then they could use that to maybe alert people who use it to major game news and announcements and it would buzz and light up the watch.  I, myself, have only played the game so far on free weekends (and I enjoy it but am not in a situation to part with $50+ for a game plus expansions at the moment), but I have always thought the watch face they use in the game looked kind of cool, so it made me think of this.  It wouldn't look exactly like it does in the game, but I'm sure fans of the game who own an Apple Watch wouldn't mind having this option.  Attached, for example, is how Niantic handles it with their app.  Get on it Ubisoft! :)

complication.JPG

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
It's a nice idea but Hamish & Yannick have repeatedly said that Ubi isn't making an app.  Since they're currently making only changes to the game this year that improve the play of the game as it is (no new DLC), I don't see this happening.  They had thought about a companion app at one point, maybe for Division 2.  

Side note: Rememeber that while the companion app for Destiny is really cool, it it was made by the community and not Bungie.  Not sure if the API is available for the community to make a Division app, but I would guess it's not since there isn't one. 

trashpixels

Community Member
Massive did planned a pretty huge companion app, but unfortunately they've pulled the plug on it for several reasons  :35_thinking:

I do think that 'The Division" would benefit a LOT from having a companion app that let's you manage your inventory, builds, loadouts etc etc from on the road. It would also be pretty dope if Massive could take some inspiration from the current 'Mass Effect' mobile app concept - that let's you send out NPC Strike Teams to earn you in game loot...  It's just some kind of mini game that keeps you involved with the games world and activities when being away from the PC or console. 

I really hope that's something they working on for the TD2... and if not I hope they gonna open up an API for third party developers to build their own apps - because I would for sure build one hehe  :6_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements