• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

MSPaint saved! YouTube Editor lost!

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Recently Microsoft had threatened to stop supplying Paint...however, after a huge (and honestly disproportionate) outcry they will now continue to offer Paint via their App Store. It will no longer ship with Win10 OS however, being replaced by Paint3D 

Also in shock the announcement that YouTube is withdrawing its online video editor feature because "not enough people use it"...personally this is a kick to me as THAT'S ALL I USE!! It will no longer be a function as of September, giving me a month to find an alternative and learn how to use it. 

I will lament its loss as its simple as a rock "drag-n-drop" editing features as well as being able to cut raw video footage in length with just a slider toolbar was so simple and easy as I never needed anything else. I tried a few other video editors but they just all seem to have far too many bells and whistles for me and getting something as simple as "I want to drag this video to this part, this intro video to here" and let the software do everything else...was just beyond all of them! 

A couple of recommendations for me to try - hitfilm3, Davinchi Resolve & Sony Movie Studio. I also need to investigate if GeForce Experience has a similar feature somewhere hidden, its screenshot editing is outstanding...

So Press F for the loss of a useful tool but be happy that another old friend is staying.

BROGOD

Community Veteran
Or get good with Sony Vegas Pro. Which in my opinion is t he superior video editing program. I did make YouTube videos a while back and I used Sony Vegas Pro 8 all the way up to 13 to edit my videos. Such a quality program, pirates have it harboured if you don't fancy paying for it either. If you know what I mean. As for MS Paint, fuck Paint. 

BROGOD

Community Veteran
I must admit, I do find Paint handy and simple. Though puzzle how people who are doing more serious work would rally to save it.
I completely agree.

I use Photoshop CS6 for all of my needs. Paint would and is only good for simple diagrams, annotations and quick mock ups... or just to fuck around, which then again can be just as easily done in the likes of paint.net, Gimp and the almighty Photoshop.

Advertisements