• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

XB1 Elite Controller Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewyonionz

Community Agent
Hey Everyone, 

For those of you that will be joining me in the DZ via XB1 what are your thoughts or personal preferences on Mapping your elite controller? Curious to know what you all think.

Happy Open Beta Week,

Chewy

xDeadmanx

Community Jedi
I currently use only 2 paddles in the back... the larger ones with grenade as lower left and take cover / action lower right.

I'd like to try all 4 later when full version is released 

Last edited by a moderator:

Argentum047

Community Agent
During the closed Beta I had the upper left and right paddles assigned to LB and RB (skills), respectively. I also have the lower left and right paddles assigned to health kit and grenades, respectively. Lastly, I have my triggers locked to the hair trigger setting. With this setup I can keep my index fingers on the triggers and my thumbs on the sticks at all times (except the right thumb for reloading and cover). I have yet to adjust the sensitivities of any of the triggers or sticks.

Some good stuff here... May have to play around a bit! Thanks.

IndioTechKnow

Community Member
During the closed Beta I had the upper left and right paddles assigned to LB and RB (skills), respectively. I also have the lower left and right paddles assigned to health kit and grenades, respectively. Lastly, I have my triggers locked to the hair trigger setting. With this setup I can keep my index fingers on the triggers and my thumbs on the sticks at all times (except the right thumb for reloading and cover). I have yet to adjust the sensitivities of any of the triggers or sticks.

Some good stuff here... May have to play around a bit! Thanks.
Think I am gonna try your set up and see how it works for me.  Thanks for the info.

MR Easy Guns

Community Member
Hey Everyone, 

For those of you that will be joining me in the DZ via XB1 what are your thoughts or personal preferences on Mapping your elite controller? Curious to know what you all think.

Happy Open Beta Week,

Chewy
I actually didn't do any custom mapping or use my paddles for the beta, don't really know why. 

I'll probably end up swapping A and B so that B is my cover button and A is my vault button. 

I can't use all 4 paddles and I'm not sure what exactly I'll do with them. 

Either

a) I'll map two paddles to the D pad to easily drink water/ eat the granola bars or whatever they are for the quick stat boosts during combat

b) Map the paddles to l/r bumpers for easier ability use during combat

It'll kind of just depend but Im leaning more towards abilities. 

Mister_Mino

Community Member
I I'll probably end up swapping A and B so that B is my cover button and A is my vault button.
I can't tell you how many times I hit "B" to gain cover.

Not sure if there is a way to change it but pushing on the left stick to sprint, there has to be another way. I sprint 99.9% of the time. My controller was hurting just as much as my thumb was by the end of the weekend...

ducksauce88

I know this is an elite controller convo, but I have the same ability with my PS4 controller (the ability to reamp the buttons and I have two buttons on the back). Although I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to achieve this yet, I absolutely hated how you had to throw a grenade. You have to hit right on the d-pad then hit right trigger to throw it. I know with the elite you can just map the right d-pad to one of the back paddles, but for me I will have to swap some buttons within PS4 settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements