• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Phoenix Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
The Phoenix Shield will drop on August 16.

This shield pertains to the Survival DLC. 

You need the following. And note, these aren't retrospective. (Sorry @RimBlock)

5 successful extracts

5 hours Survival

5 Hunter kills

The first week will be open to players without the DLC expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
I have just about 20 min in survival.  While I want this shield, maybe not...

Hey RimBlock - my son and I would gladly tag along if your avail Thursdays.

...gene

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Hey Gene, you would both be welcome although I am over in Asia (Singapore) so timezones may make it difficult.  If you are in the US then weekends is really the only time we would be able to sync up.

genedjr

Community Elite
Hey Gene, you would both be welcome although I am over in Asia (Singapore) so timezones may make it difficult.  If you are in the US then weekends is really the only time we would be able to sync up.
We are in the US - we'll figure out something.  Thanks.  We plan to start working on it this week.

...gene

RimBlock

This one I think you just have to keep banging away at.

First day I played, went through, called the extraction chopper, hammered away at the Hunter then another Hunter appeared from the side (yep another agent joined me).  What is more, although I wore the Hunters down, the other Agent got both kill shots  :43_slight_frown: .

Yesterday was terrible.  Only made it to extraction 1/3 tries and then joined two others.  Wore the Hunter down and they both killed them  :43_slight_frown: .  To be fair it was their extraction.

Today ran once and completed solo with a Hunter kill but.  I found a squad that got killed (3 Agents) and was able to sneak and loot their stuff (Hunters were still there) and ended up with gold everything for the extract.

Got to get me 4 more Hunters to get the shield (other two requirements done).

Survival is a lot more busy so speed is key.  I don't go for the downed choppers but just hoover stuff I can find as quickly as possible.  If you see lots of Agents then try to go a different way (unless you team up).  Sometimes the route away from the target can give more mats.  Just remember that further away from the DZ means lower class mats.

Before going in to the DZ make sure you have 2+ blue weapon mats (I try to go in with at least 4 so I can get the flare gun plus a purple weapon or gold if I find spare div tech).

Happy Hunting.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I think that the Hunter Kills are group base, they need not be individual kills. It seemed that way to me.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
My first run, I was such a noob.

Forgot to make a filter when crafting before entering the DZ with my group. They were quite good about the fact I took longer to get there as I looked for some more tools.

When we had hunters running up and down the scaffolding, I confused another group of players with the hunters moving on the scaffolding, and hit them with my sticky bomb. It was a good well timed shot despite the scaffolding drappings. When I saw the two down player rings I released my mistake. All cats are grey until you take them out.

Running the UG I'm used to timing a run past hunters with out coping a hatchet. So, made my dash to the helipad. Since there were two groups, I under estimated the number of hunters about. Got sniped by one once up top of the building. He was sitting in cover out of the fray.

RimBlock

Yeah it is dude 
It seems to work strangely. 

Your Hunter gets tagged to your final score even if someone else takes it out but if you are not actually grouped and others appear at the extraction and kill Hunters you do not get any credit for being there.  You have to be actually grouped with the killers it seems.

That would be my assumption as I am never grouped and that is what happens when others wander on my LZ or I wander in to theirs.

Hunters are much easier one on one which is why solo works well IMO.

One thing I will say is don't give up (unless you are downed).  I have had very crap runs with really bad mats / clothing / armour finds, all close encounter areas cleared etc but somewhere along the way things pick up and I will maybe find a dead Agents stuff in the DZ and suddenly I am back in the game.  My run last night was just like that.  got in the DZ with 9 minutes left.  Had to run for ages to get the virus cache and since I was in the upper DZ levels the bad guys were still all around, I got to the extraction zone with 3 minutes on the clock and extracted with 30s to spare solo.  I have had bad luck for the first 40+ minutes but still pushed on and have rarely not extracted now.  This is not due to some super excellent skills.  If I can do it then most should be able to as well.  It is just knowing the most likely places to loot for the items you need and going for it till the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements