• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The Division 2 Beta DIscussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
So preload for the beta is available.

How much is everyone looking forward to it and what do you love / like / dislike / hate after playing.

My main hope is that they have randomised the enemy waves in the replayable missions to add some variety.  This was not the case on the previous round of testing and the suggestion was made on the official forums.

RimBlock

So my initial play (3 hours in).

All looking pretty good.  A number of Alpha issues fixed.

Up until 30 minutes ago then all was smooth.  Now getting hit with multiple delta errors, one game lockup and one crash to desktop.  I suspect they have a server load issue 😉.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
As it gets further into the day the server loads will increase as people arrive home and log in unfortunately.....

I've added a link and status of known bugs on another thread for reference btw

RimBlock

Done for the night.  All LZ missions complete, level cap hit.  Only DZ intro mission to do then grind for a bit with the two main missions and wait for the end game beta 😄.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Done for the night.  All LZ missions complete, level cap hit.  Only DZ intro mission to do then grind for a bit with the two main missions and wait for the end game beta 😄.
Damn you just play through the night?

RimBlock

Started at 6pm and finished at 2am 😊.  Probably stopped for 1hr for food and 30 mins for delta issues.

Spent some time walking around checking on the Alpha issues I reported (all gone) but knew what to do and where to go from the Alpha.  Was not doing a speed run though so could probably shave an hour or two off that if needed.

Would suggest people take theri time and enjoy it.  You will easily reach level 7 which is the cap.  I was at level 6.5 before moving in the the second area.

quinch1199

Played thorugh the introduction plus the first main mission and a good stack of side missions ... 

Well, THIS is how you learn from the previous game isn't it? The features and mechanics in the LZ gameplay are a breeath of fresh air. They've clearly taken all they learnt from the first game, all the critisism and all the items they had to fix and just gave us a game with it all fixed from the start! 

LOVE the new armour mechanic and the Time-To-Die on enemies seems so much better. We have no indication how this will translate to high level gameplay but it feel soooooo good so far. 

I have an exceptionally critical friend I game with, Wildlands she moaned constantly about, Div 1 she nagged all the time we played, last night though she was aghast and couldn't praise the game enough. 

I can't wait to experience the settlement expansion / reenforcement mechanic better, likewise items such as the Clan Room I can't wait for either. Only issues from last night:

1) Sell items to vendor for them not to leave your inventory bug

2) Delta/Mike issues (meh..not worried about that)

3) COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF US FIND A CRAFTING BENCH WE COULD USE! lol

I only played enough for one short video and then played co-op from about 23:00-01:00

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Crafting bench is in the White house.

Face the Quartermaster (you ge the Skills and Percks from) and go out the door in front (further in to the basement) turn left and left again (it is the room to the left of the Quartermaster)s room)  There should be a lady there and a bench.  I don't think anything unlocks uless you complete the mission to get the lady there.

Not sure you can craft gear in the Beta.  I was not able to find any of the cloth for it but it maybe you need to deconstruct to get it (which I have not done yet).  You can craft weapon mods as you unlock the blueprints though.  Just craft once and you can use for any compatible weapon multiple times.

Big plus for me is that the shooting feels more 'meaty'.  The sounds are much better than the original.  

Fave weapons ?.

I have a blue RPK which seems to be pretty good when you get it on target but I am using the SS rifle most the time.

quinch1199

Crafting bench is in the White house.

Face the Quartermaster (you ge the Skills and Percks from) and go out the door in front (further in to the basement) turn left and left again (it is the room to the left of the Quartermaster)s room)  There should be a lady there and a bench.  I don't think anything unlocks uless you complete the mission to get the lady there.

Not sure you can craft gear in the Beta.  I was not able to find any of the cloth for it but it maybe you need to deconstruct to get it (which I have not done yet).  You can craft weapon mods as you unlock the blueprints though.  Just craft once and you can use for any compatible weapon multiple times.

Big plus for me is that the shooting feels more 'meaty'.  The sounds are much better than the original.  

Fave weapons ?.

I have a blue RPK which seems to be pretty good when you get it on target but I am using the SS rifle most the time.
I've unlocked her etc but we just couldn't find that bench. Ok, so through the open entrance next to the stash box in reception, left, left again, and down the stairs should be next to the replica QM's stores (as the actual QM is in the reception area as you mention).

i've picked up cloth etc, deconstructed a load of gear for it. Have to see what / if I can craft. 

Thanks! Will try to find it tonight 

i've not really found a favourate weapon yet, perhaps except the SCAR-H (not called that in game...can't remember what its called), its a DMR weapon but I never liked it in Div 1, however with the better sounds and realistic recoil, it do enjoy using it.  So far I don't like the LMG's so much, they're pretty much the same as Div 1 so feel, lacking, when compared to the other weapon handling. 

Ohh...yes, the "meaty" shots...they've added a thud sound as the round hits. Games like Post Scriptum have it too, kinda a squelchy deep thud noise... love it.

They do need to work on the footfall audio though, especially when running through trash on the ground. Too tinny and high pitched. 

RimBlock

The LMG reticle seems a lot bigger this time around.  Have only tried the L85 and RPK so far but have the M60 and MG5 to try out in my pack.

Shotguns are as I would expect.  Have the Super 90 and ACS (Showstopper) currently.  Have yet to try the SMGs.

3hr maintenance has now turned in to 4 hours.  still waiting for it to end....... 😱

Edit:  Server finally back up.

RimBlock

End game characters are now available in the Beta.  

Only one Íncursion'mission though .  Cannot do anything elase with them.

They have also ramped up the hardness of Hard missions for Lvl 7.  It is much harder than the Alpha.  More like Challenging now.  Lvl 7 Agent below.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - Private Beta2019-2-9-0-49-54 (Medium).jpg

tusler

Playing the missions solo is going to be very difficult, I went into the Sons of ???? hideout and the boss that comes out launching rockets, oh my ! I tried it as level 5 with level 6 gear and it is going to take alot more horsepower than that to get this done as a solo. Love the game though , it is just good fun at a great price. I do not understand the different colors for all the gear and what works best with what but I'm sure when it's released there will be an awesome WIKI. I'm glad I pre-ordered it.

RimBlock

Dont do PvP really so have not seen that.  Record it and if you think it is suspicious then report it to UBISoft so they can look in to it and if it is cheating, try to do something to block it.  Part of the reason there is a beta so they can try to find cheats from over eager cheaters which can be analysed and blocked before (or just after) the game goes to final release.

I ran all the missions solo and it is ok but have a lot of experience with The Division 1.  For people new to the game it is likely to be a challenge.  Wouldn't bother trying at hard level solo though.

The colours are for the 'Special' quality of the item.

It goes (worst to best);

• Grey / white
  • G'reen
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Gold
Be aware combinations of greens may be better than greens and blues as the 'make'of the item can give extra bonuses if you have 3 items of the same brand.  There is some overlap on the stats also between the different colours so a great green may have better stats than a crap blue of the same weapon.

The Invasion mission with the sample lvl 30 characters seems a little easier than the hard missions at lvl 7...

My lvl 30 survivalist got a P90 drop and it rocks.  The build has built in bonuses for SMG but it is pretty accurate and rips through armour.  Takes a red down in one mag and purples in around 2 on the Invasion mission.  I have also found a MDR now which I still like very much and the FAMAS is also pretty good... better than its Bullfrog implementation.

I like the demolitionist best as the Sniper seems very squishy (catch on fire with full health and armour and dead...).

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - Private Beta2019-2-9-16-4-19 (Medium).jpg

RimBlock

Well hard on Lvl 7 now seems to be a fair bit easier after the maintenance today.  Either due to experience, moving to mainly blue items or because they have dialed it down a bit.  TBH it felt more like challenging than hard.

I think I am pretty much done for this Beta now.  Have run the repeatable missions a number of times and the Invasion is just the same again for Jefferson with more higher level bad guys.

Looking forwards to the release.

tusler

You guys are a lot better players than I will ever be I think. I did the 2 main missions, did a couple of DZ missions, after many many deaths. I tried the end game guys and I got slaughtered every time no matter how or what weapon I used playing solo. I love the free roam stuff and can see I will have to play this the same way I did the first one and that is do lots of free roam killing to get upgraded to a level where I can complete the story mission. It is addicting as well as frustrating so I am looking fore ward to playing the full game.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
You guys are a lot better players than I will ever be I think. I did the 2 main missions, did a couple of DZ missions, after many many deaths. I tried the end game guys and I got slaughtered every time no matter how or what weapon I used playing solo. I love the free roam stuff and can see I will have to play this the same way I did the first one and that is do lots of free roam killing to get upgraded to a level where I can complete the story mission. It is addicting as well as frustrating so I am looking fore ward to playing the full game.
Hey man, doesn't matter how good or bad you are, as long as you're having fun.

RimBlock

Do the story solo on normal and then replay the missions at higher difficulty in groups.  Just matchmake with randoms.  Does not always work out for the best  but more times than not you get to go through it.  I do not play solo when doing missions on harder levels.  I would also not play solo for most Challenging or Legendary missions in The Division 1.

The current Hard seems to have been dialled much closer to Normal although the final Jefferson battle put me down a few times.   The original difficulty of Hard seemed more like Challenging to me.  They really seem to have really dialled down the damage the enemies can take.

Got a CTAR-21 today.  Seems pretty good as well.  Like the FAMAS but less damage and RoF but seemed quite a bit more stable.

As a side note.  After joining someones game for a replayable mission, didn't go back to my own session (not deliberately, just missed the prompt whilst sorting my inventory).  I then saw a control point seemed not to be captured so thought they had taken it back (that would be good) so I went to re-capture at Lvl 7.  Wiped out twice.  Ran in to a shock person hiding and got stunned to death and then on the second attempt had a wondering band also attack from the side with a sniper, grenade launcher and multiple rushers & shooters (plus all the stuff from the control point) and no friendlies.  Cleared it the third time and got to open the secure room and open the big chest again (but not any others).  I then realised I was in someone else''s session.  I suspect this could be open to abuse with session jumping and presumably that person now cannot unlock the control point (and has lost the exp etc).

RimBlock

So have just done 3 rounds of Tusk Invasion and it seems the enemies do randomise  little.  Not from where they come but on who comes out.  We had two of the heavily armoured mini gunners in one section at one time (different waves but same location).  Seems they have also dialled up the toughness as well as it is harder now and I have run our of ammo a couple of times, once with both my main weapon.

Last day today so have fun.  Looking forward to the actual release next month.

tusler

I had great fun today, I like how you cannot just be a tank and blast away, a little strategy or approaching the combat from a completely different way works better all the time and the more planning the better the combat outcome. Great game, the best part is I am off when you release the game so I can play all I want...I told my wife to go have fun with her mom that weekend...LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements