• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Exotic Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tre520

I think they should take away this new exotic rule cause it feels like Destiny which to me feel bad don’t get me wrong the game is awesome I just wish they kept the same exotic system they had in the first and added to the second 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I think they should take away this new exotic rule cause it feels like Destiny which to me feel bad don’t get me wrong the game is awesome I just wish they kept the same exotic system they had in the first and added to the second 
This is the thing of one exotic per weapon and gear?

Sounds harsh.

TD1 had the exo build. Though exo being OPed was changed through rebalancing of gear sets. So, I happy with how it was 

Though, it might have given the devs a headache or caused them to nerf the ideas they had. If they only have two exotics too worry they woyld have a freer hand with the talents. I don't know.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain

Sounds harsh.

TD1 had the exo build. Though exo being OPed was changed through rebalancing of gear sets. So, I happy with how it was 

Though, it might have given the devs a headache or caused them to nerf the ideas they had. If they only have two exotics too worry they woyld have a freer hand with the talents. I don't know.
I wasn't aware of this, any link to a dev blog or post stating this?

Another thought, limiting this factor might be linked to the normalisation calculations for the DZ and other PvP modes. It may just be too much for the game engine to easily balance out if a character has multiple such builds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur

Another thought, limiting this factor might be linked to the normalisation calculations for the DZ and other PvP modes. It may just be too much for the game engine to easily balance out if a character has multiple such builds.
Speculation.

I vaguely remember hearing this way back in the day. Supposedly, ubisoft recently put out a infograph that seemed to support this rule.

I haven't see this image and kind of thought that by now they'd be players rocking with a few exotics to demonstrate one way or the other. If i can find this infograph that spooked some players I'll post it.  

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur

Edit: you can see the rule over on the right

Tom_Clancys_The_Division_22019-3-29-11-21-51.jpg

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite

Sounds harsh.

It was not easy to get my first exotic weapon on The Division 1. It took me a whole year to get one. I had to go into the Dark Zone a.k.a ( The Dead Zone) which I called it. I just killed a boss and pick up & looted a Hungry Hog light machinegun & got to the pick up area. But was unable to keep it because two jerks jumped me & killed me and took the dam thing. Boy I was pissed that this had to happen to me. After the next update I manage to get another one by going on these special missions. But compare to The Division 2 &  The Division 1 it was a little easier to get one than it is in TD2.Yeah I'm complaining again about not finding all the parts & plans to put together a full exotic weapon yet. So I think it was a lot better in The Division 1 get an exotic weapon than it is now in The Division 2 which is much,much harder for me to get just one exotic weapon. Which I truly think it very unfair for Ubisoft to do it this way !!!

genedjr

Community Elite
OK this is still out there - how stupid.  This is so artificial.

Has anyone looked out on the UBI site to see if there are comments around this limitation?

...gene

genedjr

Community Elite
OK, I looked at a few posts (well 30 or so).  Nothing about this from UBI and from what i can tell, the reason (which was lame anyway) was for holstered talents.

There is also a general complaint about exotics around the work/reward is really bad at the moment.  So I will not be farming them for now.

...gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements