• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PTS Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
OK, after 4+ hours today, here is what i think of the changes - bah-humbug

OK maybe a little more detail is warranted.

OK a couple of notes first.

• PTS game start on PC is extremely slow, like 3-4 minutes.  Hang in there it will start.
  • The vendors have free Field Proficiency Cache 500 - you get gear/gun and about 50% of the something else.
  • For me, there is HUGE lag, so expect to die alot. 
So I don't have a team until Thursday - and this will be done.  So this is just Solo.  Clearing broadcasts and other small stuff to get a control point to threat level 2.  Nothing hard as I want to experience the changes.

The good

• Heavies and mini-bosses are not nearly as bullet spongy.  Or maybe its just that I see more armor breaking off.  Either way this is fun.
  • Bosses are way better.  They are much harder to kill but for the right reasons - movement and cover.  Very fun stuff.
  • SMG almost provides stagger - and that is good in game.  Makes them actually useful.  Splattering a .45 SMG is actually fun.  No dice for Heavies and above.
  • Movement in general for foe NPCs seems to be better.  High level NPCs act better.  Red's just stand out and die.
  • Guns are a mixed bag, but sniper rifles are better.  Much easier to get one-shot kills, but almost no chance to followup - as it should be.
  • Turret time - seems much longer and shorter to refresh.
  • Seeker - seems better is a weird way, maybe its just getting to target faster.  More research.
  • You can QUIT the game without login out - OMG!!! bread was not that good of a achievement.
The Bad

• Agro - OMG!!!  this is far worse than the current game.  NPCs will argo you on the other side of buildings.  TD1 had this issue and fixed it for the most part - Renee was the worst.
  • While Vendors do have free caches, its totally random.  I still have not been able to replicate my live built after getting over 100 caches.   Waste of time.
  • Movement seems bad, this could be the lag I get.  Just bad.  Actions need to happen NOW or you die - and I died alot.
The UGLY

• Shotguns seem totally worthless.  135K double barrel does not  even take down a mini boss armor at zero range (and yes I died right after that test LOL)
  • beserker, the drugged ones - dies instantly or kills you randomly. Huge difference from encounter to encounter.  I mean WTF, they should behave at least a little the same.
  • LAG LAG LAG - for me the PTS server is not really playable.  I will pull the trigger and more than a sec will go by 20% of the time.
  • Spawns from all directions, kinda.  Every engagement, with few exceptions,. while in an invaded space, showed bad guys surrounding me.  It's not correct, they are not surrounding me, but give pause to wait until it clears before you can position.
  • Damage - while NPCs do not seem as accurate, when you do get hit WOW. Face a sniper (only NPC left) and she pulled a pistol, one shot my armor was gone, next shot I was at 2% health.  And I was in cover - Complete BS.
  • Friendly NPCs are still stupid.  Especially when rescued from public execution.  They still try to stand toe-to-toe unarmored with a pistol against and armored bad guy NPC with a machine gun .  No attempt at cover and of course they die.
  • And And and
  • The range of argo for mini-missions, like broadcast, civilians at risk - I was engaged in a big battle and suddenly heard hostage health is critical, hostage is dead, all hostages are dead - not even close to the battle I was in.
So I am not a fan.  For me, 30% of the changes make the game more fun.

I hate the recalibration system.  While TD 1 was OK.

/sigh - But I do love this game.

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Thanks for that. I'm not doing the PTS. Just noting people don't have much positive to say atm. Of course, there have been nerfs which always goes down well. Bit hard to know with all the nerf noise

genedjr

Community Elite
I want to take a moment to discuss the re-calibration system.

In TD1 after a few tries they got the result right.  You could work on your gear to change it for your play style and make it better.

TD2 proposes a system of dismantling stuff and working on your gear to make it better gaining  a higher GS.  I really like this idea, but the execution is off, there should be leftover parts from the donating piece of gear.  And I should be able to get it to the max GS for the configuration installed.

TD2 PTS now has a % slider.  It does not appear the GS changes when you work on your stuff.  I mean, come on - how do I brag about my gear without a appropriate GS.  This mechanic is broken.

Also, the material costs are way out of line with the effort it takes to gather materials.  Each drop is 3 to 5 of something (like Titanium) and it costs 65 Titanium for one mod.  This needs to be reworked.  I would expect to be able to make a mod for every hour of normal game play.

So this is how I would like it to work:

• Have three stations as in TD1, Crafting, Recalibration and Optimization.
  • Have an inventory for 'parts' ; Knee pad parts, backpack parts, etc.
  • Crafting

Be able to craft upgrades like 10+ to Elites for a "Bob's Awesome Gear" knee pad
  • Use crafting to disassemble existing gear into parts.  The tear it apart in the field is a bad mechanic, though simple.
  • And as today, craft stuff - provided you have the materials AND parts

[*]Reclaibration

• Here is where you can swap out parts that you either crafted or have from disassembly.
  • Here is also were you could 'adapt' a part to another brand.
  • This should allow you to mix all available choices for that "brand" gear, this should include crafted gear.

[*]Optimization

• Tighten this, clean that, make it just better, like TD1 this is to max the config you have.
  • The mechanic in TD1 is simple and would be OK, but I think given the other changes, this can have a cool set of collectibles as well.

All of this would need a crap-ton of math so as to not unbalance the game, but it would provide incentive to go and get stuff to get that last part for that fantastic max build.

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
There's one thing I don't like a whole lot is Ubisoft nerfing our weapons & mods. My magazines/clips are down from 30 rounds to 10 & 20 on different calibers from 5.56mm to 7.62mm. It's bad enough we run out ammo very quickly in game.I rather carry more ammo than running out of ammo. Like Gene said the shotguns are almost useless in game. Even some of the sniper rifles don't do as much damage as they use too. I another  thing I hate in the game is Specialize weapons ammo. Why is it all gone when we log out & log back into the game. Why can't keep Specialize ammo that we find after we log out & login to the game. 

genedjr

Community Elite
 I another  thing I hate in the game is Specialize weapons ammo. Why is it all gone when we log out & log back into the game. Why can't keep Specialize ammo that we find after we log out & login to the game. 
Yeah, I almost forgot cause I almost never use my .50 cal - ni the 4+ hours of game play, I got exactly 4 rounds - pffftt.  Makes it worthless.

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Yeah, I almost forgot cause I almost never use my .50 cal - ni the 4+ hours of game play, I got exactly 4 rounds - pffftt.  Makes it worthless.

...gene
Yeah Gene I agree with that. Yesterday I just finish my 160 points in my Specialize Sniper weapons section I  guest can move on & finish the other Specialize weapons section & finish all their points. Since I open all 3 up. Because I wasn't too sure on what I wanted be in the first place. So I open all them. Greedy ain't I.

genedjr

Community Elite
here are some of the outcomes from the state of the game.  Personally I want to swagger up with my zillion GS.  While I am optimistic the gear recalibration changes my make the game more fun to play - its missing the social impact of a GD 515.

...gene 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Well here's something from GameRant.com:

The Division 2 Details Gear Score, Re-calibration, and Mod Blueprint Changes.

Massive Entertainment is ready to start talking about upcoming changes to The Division 2, though the Title Update 3 patch still doesn’t have a confirmed release date. As part of Massive’s weekly State of the Game livestream, the team addressed several major concerns within the community, including: loot Gear Score on drop, Re-calibration stat transfers, and Gear Score 515 drop sources. Players will be able to see many of the changes on The Division 2‘s Public Testing Servers when it moves to “Phase 2” soon.

Perhaps the most pressing topic is Massive’s views on the way Gear Score currently works when loot drops. As of right now, even players at or above 500 Gear Score will receive loot in a wide range that drops well into the 490s. Going forward, though, 500 Gear Score players will receive 500 GS High-End loot, though Purple loot will still drop at its 490 cap.

To coincide with the loot drop Gear Score changes, Re-calibration is also being reworked. While Re-calibration will no longer be able to raise an item’s Gear Score above 500, it will allow for transferring of stats with little to no loss in the bonus. Before, transferring a 10% weapon damage stat might lower to 5% weapon damage because of the way High End bonus pools work, but now that 10% should go over untouched. Then, regarding previously announced plans to introduce loot with Gear Score at 515 to the Dark Zone, Massive confirmed it had listened to feedback and would be offering alternative sources for 515 loot. More information on 515 loot will be announced

genedjr

Community Elite
I just jumped on the PTS and got a dozen caches and I don't see it.  I got nothing that move the GS % over 80%.  But then I did not go out and get purples - but, bah-humbug.  We'll see what actually makes it to the game.  Personally - I want the swagger 😎

...gene

genedjr

Community Elite
Aces and Eight.
Well, well see.  Aces and Eights refers to 2 black aces and 2 black 8s that Wild Bill Hickok  was holding when he was shot in the back.  I would love to see this tactic to get HUGE bonus for back shots.  LOL - does not look like it, but hey.

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Dead man's hand..

Code:
[URL="https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/bi2g6r/psa_new_gear_sets_on_pts/"]https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/bi2g6r/psa_new_gear_sets_on_pts[/URL]

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
The whole flip a card thing... I don't know. I feel like they are getting a little too cute with some of this stuff. 

If I wanted to play cards in the middle of a game, I'd boot up Red Dead 2.

Just keep it simple. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements