Registering will remove ads
RimBlock

Your most annoying tasks in TD2

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So there are two parts I am finding quite troublesome.

1. Destroy all the armour pieces on a heavy (difficult to see which parts still have armour and they are usually around when green mobs spawn meaning they can get the killing shot whilst you are trying to take armour pieces down.

2. Chicken Hunter - At the Washington Monument you can activate a Hunter mission.  There are some places a Hunter will spawn, just watching.  If you get spotted he runs and then vanishes (despawns in a puff of smoke).  If you get close enough then your HUD gets fuzzy but I am finding that by that time you are spotted and he is on the run.  You then have to find him again or wait for the next night cycle.  You also have to one shot kill him as well.  Sorta stumped on how to spot and engage without spooking him at the moment.  This one is becoming very frustrating false.

What are your least favorite tasks in the game ?.

 

Edited by RimBlock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You want some, come get some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Registering will remove ads
Posted (edited)
Just now, RimBlock said:

So there are two parts I am finding quite troublesome.

1. Destroy all the armour pieces on a heavy (difficult to see which parts still have armour and they are usually around when green mobs spawn meaning they can get the killing shot whilst you are trying to take armour pieces down.

2. Chicken Hunter - At the Washington Monument you can activate a Hunter mission.  There are some places a Hunter will spawn, just watching.  If you get spotted he runs and then vanishes (despawns in a puff of smoke).  If you get close enough then your HUD gets fuzzy but I am finding that by that time you are spotted and he is on the run.  You then have to find him again or wait for the next night cycle.  You also have to one shot kill him as well.  Sorta stumped on how to spot and engage without spooking him at the moment.  This one is becoming very frustrating false.

What are your least favorite tasks in the game ?.

 

No.1. Shooting a heavy that doesn't go down & his armor won't break apart. No.2. Is a Agent calling for help and you get there and all he or she is doing is standing around doing nothing then you have to leave. No. 3. Unable to find all the parts & blueprints to a exotic weapons & not getting one. No.4. Having NPC's  showing up out of nowhere and ambushing you. No.5. Yeah me too Having a Chicken Hunter appear then disappear into thin air.No.6. Being a bullet magnet. No.7. Not having enough ammo for each weapon I use. No.8. Not able to keep any of the specialize ammo  I find & get when I log out & log back in.No.9. Get a call from Agent that also put me in the middle of the battle and get killed right off.No.10. During a Main Mission on hard & not getting a whole lot out of it by weapons & gear being dropped by Bosses & turn out to be nothing but junk. No.11. Enemy NPC's either not dropping enough ammo or not dropping any ammo at all.No.12. Getting a key to a bunch of chests & unable open them.That might be cause by a bug in the game.

Edited by Malcolm Kocinski
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ammo was a real issue for me in the Invaded mission with the planetarium and moon landscape sections.  There appeared to be almost no ammo boxes around and the dead guys were dropping very little ammo.  I had to go through 4 different weapon types in order to keep firing at one point.

I suspected you may have mentioned the blueprints for exotics :14_relaxed:.

The specialist ammo is an irritation.  Changing your specialist type and changing back again fully restocks it though.  I have seen people doing that in groups in missions (one person jumps back to the WH and changes specialisation and then changes back again and teleports to the group halfway in the mission and they continue.  Bit too cheesy for my liking :35_thinking:.

Haven't responded to any calls for help so have not seen that although joining a mission matchmaking from the mission start and getting teleported across the map and then having to teleport to the mission again is a PITA.


You want some, come get some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, RimBlock said:

The ammo was a real issue for me in the Invaded mission with the planetarium and moon landscape sections.  There appeared to be almost no ammo boxes around and the dead guys were dropping very little ammo.  I had to go through 4 different weapon types in order to keep firing at one point.

I suspected you may have mentioned the blueprints for exotics :14_relaxed:.

The specialist ammo is an irritation.  Changing your specialist type and changing back again fully restocks it though.  I have seen people doing that in groups in missions (one person jumps back to the WH and changes specialisation and then changes back again and teleports to the group halfway in the mission and they continue.  Bit too cheesy for my liking :35_thinking:.

Haven't responded to any calls for help so have not seen that although joining a mission matchmaking from the mission start and getting teleported across the map and then having to teleport to the mission again is a PITA.

I think the crossbow is working out for me so far. I did get all 160 points for the sniper rifle. It seems for all 3 specialize weapons you can only have no more or less than 6 rounds total in all 3 weapons. Plus only 160 points each to complete all 3. Yeah I did mention blueprints again for any exotic weapon or weapons.😛

Edited by Malcolm Kocinski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call for backup:

I think this needs to auto-cancel once you have finished your bounty, cp or mission. It runs the risk that you may have to reissue your call for backup if you complete something that you were doing whilst waiting for an answer.

I think a lot of times, people pickup someone just as or after completing something. And even myself, I've completed something without remembering I had initiated the call at the beginning. Only to have somehere later on, to hear an announcement that someone has joined my group, which leaves me puzzled at that time. 

Special Ammo:

The perks are very good, though the weapons I don't see the point. Maybe rename them as "underwhelming weapons".  Because of that, the issue of special ammo shortage is meanless to me tbh. So to me, crossbow just means incendiary grenades.👹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

Call for backup:

I think this needs to auto-cancel once you have finished your bounty, cp or mission. It runs the risk that you may have to reissue your call for backup if you complete something that you were doing whilst waiting for an answer.

I think a lot of times, people pickup someone just as or after completing something. And even myself, I've completed something without remembering I had initiated the call at the beginning. Only to have somewhere later on, to hear an announcement that someone has joined my group, which leaves me puzzled at that time. 

Special Ammo:

The perks are very good, though the weapons I don't see the point. Maybe rename them as "underwhelming weapons".  Because of that, the issue of special ammo shortage is meaningless to me tbh. So to me, crossbow just means incendiary grenades.👹

I wish they would auto-cancel these Calls for Backup if they don't further need it. These Calls for backup for a Agent help don't always want your help. Some of the younger players( like young kids , teens, or young people in their 20's)do it to get someone to hang out with or to annoy someone because it funny to them. If they do have a mike and leave it on I can hear them laughing if they don't shut it off.   It's annoying  and it's not very funny to me. These type of calls don't always happen.But I do try to answer the call as soon as possible if I'm available. I even try to turn off these Call for backup when I'm in a firefight it's also annoying. I know you can upgrade the Specialize weapon with points you get after you do a main mission or missions & then use these points at the White House near the quartermaster desk. Believe or not it does make a difference to me when I use the weapon on Xbox One.  When I do use the Specialize weapon as in a Crossbow I do use that weapon ammo & sometimes run out. Plus I don't always see the enemy dropping any specialize ammo when I run out & sometimes they don't always drop this  same ammo. I like Crossbow because it has a auto-sight and it's a lot easier to use than the Specialize Sniper rifle. The reason I like to keep this ammo when I leave & come back on is because I might need to use it on a Heavy or a name enemy if I run into one.It does help break up the Heavy's & name enemies  armor faster. So I can now use a SMG or assault rifle & finish him/her off. It's fun to see the Heavy or name enemy catch on fire trying to pull out the bolt after hitting them right on target. It becomes handy when you need to use it right away. When it's not available it's annoying when specialize ammo doesn't always get  drop by the enemy in the game when I need it the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also tend not to bother with the special weapon.  I used the grenade launcher once on a Sledge special in Roosevelt Island on Challenging and it didn't kill him.

It was sorta fun using all the ammo when starting a battle with all 4 players on highest level World Bank mission.  It took them down to around 30% strength and we mopped them up for most apart from the last boss encounters.

Pulling the special weapon takes too long in my view.  You have to plan or spam with it mostly.  No snapshots possible unless it is already out.

  • Upvote 1

You want some, come get some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RimBlock said:

I also tend not to bother with the special weapon.  I used the grenade launcher once on a Sledge special in Roosevelt Island on Challenging and it didn't kill him.

It was sorta fun using all the ammo when starting a battle with all 4 players on highest level World Bank mission.  It took them down to around 30% strength and we mopped them up for most apart from the last boss encounters.

Pulling the special weapon takes too long in my view.  You have to plan or spam with it mostly.  No snapshots possible unless it is already out.

I too had problems with Special weapon grenade launcher. I use it to shoot a Heavy dozens times & it didn't do a thing to him. So I decided to use the Special weapon sniper rifle it seem to work pretty well as you add more points to it. As soon as I got to the limit of 160 points I decided to use another Special weapon the Crossbow. It seems if you add more points to it that you get for doing missions. The better the Special weapons will work better. So I decided to stick to the Crossbow. Because when you shoot it and hit the enemy right on target the bolt will explode & catch on fire. Then it will cause the NPC's health to drop fast & his armor will weaken and break up more. That will make it easier to take him down. As long as you keep on using those points to make the Special weapon stronger. It will work a whole lot better. I seems to work for me.

Edited by Malcolm Kocinski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, three of the items you can spend the points on give an extra 5% damage each IIRC.  If you use +10% explosive damage on a gear piece this also counts for the grenade launcher and possibly the crossbow (not 100% on that).

There are ways to boost them up to pretty awesome damage but a lot of time you need to spec your gear in to it and if you are not running other weapons that can also take advantage, when not using your special weapon your damage etc suffer.  As the special only has 6 ammo it does not seem worth it to go all out on it.


You want some, come get some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RimBlock said:

Yep, three of the items you can spend the points on give an extra 5% damage each IIRC.  If you use +10% explosive damage on a gear piece this also counts for the grenade launcher and possibly the crossbow (not 100% on that).

There are ways to boost them up to pretty awesome damage but a lot of time you need to spec your gear in to it and if you are not running other weapons that can also take advantage, when not using your special weapon your damage etc suffer.  As the special only has 6 ammo it does not seem worth it to go all out on it.

Hey Rim, Do you ever notice when  we make changes to any weapon or weapons in game to improve them for better use. Ubisoft comes along and nerf  the hell out them. Especially when you can kill or take down NPCs/enemies a lot quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but that is the way with the meta.

People come up with a couple of best in class build and the majority jump on then all the other stuff is never used (or by only a few 'rebels') so they nerf  those couple of builds to try and push more diversity.

If a player is using build A that is Uber good then the other players need to also use that build or one that counters it or they have no chance especially in PvP.  The one shot sniper build was a classic example.

Massive are working and testing various uses of the gear and items they put in the game but when you then release to millions of players, some very dedicated and some others with YouTube channels bringing in cash if they can find the next best combination, they are going to come up with things Massive didn't anticipate so Massive have to do something to re-balance.

It is frustrating but just part and parcel of this type of on-line game.  TD1 was doing it all the time.

  • Like 2

You want some, come get some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 40 hours into the game now and feel qualified to comment. For me, the most irritaing task thus far is donating supplies to CP officers. There's no end to it.

I'm sure there will more banal and pointless tasks once I reach Endgame.


The ocean is on fire...........The sky turned dark again as the boats came in........And the beaches, stretched out with soldiers, with their guns and arms..........It has just begun

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RimBlock said:

Yeah but that is the way with the meta.

People come up with a couple of best in class build and the majority jump on then all the other stuff is never used (or by only a few 'rebels') so they nerf  those couple of builds to try and push more diversity.

If a player is using build A that is Uber good then the other players need to also use that build or one that counters it or they have no chance especially in PvP.  The one shot sniper build was a classic example.

Massive are working and testing various uses of the gear and items they put in the game but when you then release to millions of players, some very dedicated and some others with YouTube channels bringing in cash if they can find the next best combination, they are going to come up with things Massive didn't anticipate so Massive have to do something to re-balance.

It is frustrating but just part and parcel of this type of on-line game.  TD1 was doing it all the time.

One thing I can't understand is why does Ubisoft keep on going back on their word. Like they want each player to make  it easier to take out a Heavy or name NPC enemy. Then on their next update they turn around again & nerf the same weapon or weapons that you worked so hard to build up to do more damage and then Ubisoft turns around takes away what damage percent being use. Like for example if your you weapon has a 15% percent damage to it. Ubisoft will then drop it down to either 10% percent or as low as 5% percent damage. That now would make that weapon almost useless in game.  That's why players get sick of this and leave/quit the game & won't come back to play ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@Malcolm Kocinski, this vid explains more what @RimBlock was saying. So it's not going back on their word. Maybe shifting the level playing field, moving the goal posts. Overall aggravating the player based.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malcolm Kocinski said:

One thing I can't understand is why does Ubisoft keep on going back on their word. Like they want each player to make  it easier to take out a Heavy or name NPC enemy. Then on their next update they turn around again & nerf the same weapon or weapons that you worked so hard to build up to do more damage and then Ubisoft turns around takes away what damage percent being use. Like for example if your you weapon has a 15% percent damage to it. Ubisoft will then drop it down to either 10% percent or as low as 5% percent damage. That now would make that weapon almost useless in game.  That's why players get sick of this and leave/quit the game & won't come back to play ever again.

I don't think they have gone back on their word at all. Even with whatever nerfs they have launched, elites and other enemies are still way easier to drop than they ever were in TD1.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prvt3Jok3r said:

I don't think they have gone back on their word at all. Even with whatever nerfs they have launched, elites and other enemies are still way easier to drop than they ever were in TD1.

 

Even if Ubisoft didn't go back on their word. When taking down Enemies as Heavies or Named NPCs I had switch from a smg  to assault rifle in the game. Because it much harder to kill or take down a enemy with a smg than assault rifle. I don't know how many clips use with my smg to take down  a Heavy or Name enemy it's a lease 3 to 6 clips being used. But when I use an assault rifle I use very few clips & it's was much easier to take down these 2 enemies than using a smg.  I had to do this many times in the game & each time I came across a Heavy or Named NPC I had to switch to a assault rifle. That's why now I use a assault rifle over a smg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

 

@Malcolm Kocinski, this vid explains more what @RimBlock was saying. So it's not going back on their word. Maybe shifting the level playing field, moving the goal posts. Overall aggravating the player based.

 

Well even Ubisoft didn't go back on their word. Sometimes it feels like they did with each time they release an new update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Malcolm Kocinski said:

Even if Ubisoft didn't go back on their word. When taking down Enemies as Heavies or Named NPCs I had switch from a smg  to assault rifle in the game. Because it much harder to kill or take down a enemy with a smg than assault rifle. I don't know how many clips use with my smg to take down  a Heavy or Name enemy it's a lease 3 to 6 clips being used. But when I use an assault rifle I use very few clips & it's was much easier to take down these 2 enemies than using a smg.  I had to do this many times in the game & each time I came across a Heavy or Named NPC I had to switch to a assault rifle. That's why now I use a assault rifle over a smg.

I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing though.

If the game is to maintain some degree of realism, assault rifles should do more damage than an SMG, shouldn't they?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prvt3Jok3r said:

I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing though.

If the game is to maintain some degree of realism, assault rifles should do more damage than an SMG, shouldn't they?

Yeah I agree with that. I hope when Ubisoft comes out with a new update I hope they don't mess with the assault rifle & nerf that too.As they done so in the pass with TD1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.