• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Grab your squad for our first 8 man raid 16 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Division 2 Players Designing Solutions for Raid Matchmaking from GameRant.com.

https://gamerant.com/division-2-raid-lfg-matchmaking-helicopter/?utm_source=Game+Rant+Subscribers&utm_campaign=b245ded156-MAILCHIMP_RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a6154d1abe-b245ded156-157020365

image.png

Earlier this week, The Division 2 players were disappointed to learn that the upcoming Operation Dark Hours raid will not support matchmaking, despite developer Massive Entertainment’s claim that all activities would offer the feature. For many, this meant that they simply would not be able to experience the Division 2 raid, while others are trying to come up with in-game solutions that might help them group up with players.

Over on the Division 2 subreddit, players are discussing various ways to implement their own form of matchmaking in order to find a group for the Operation Dark Hours raid. Because the raid supports up to 8 players, it’s going to be difficult to gather 7 friends if you don’t already have a group or clan ready to go. However, this early solution sounds smart and could work, if enough players get the message.

How to Find Players for The Division 2 Raid

What the forum is suggesting is that players head to the yellow helicopter in the White House social hub as a meet-up place. It’s there for the raid anyway, so it can serve as a type of group finder location. Players should head to the helicopter and start doing the jumping jacks emote as a way to let others know they would like to participate in the Operation Dark Hours raid. If enough players all spot each other doing jumping jacks then they can group up and hopefully, start No question, the announcement about no raid matchmaking was disappointing for Division 2 players. Most expected there to be matchmaking and to make the announcement so unceremoniously (via a Twitter reply) and without much notice is sure to be a blow to those who hoped to check out the new content tomorrow. the raid.

Massive’s decision not to allow raid matchmaking does make sense, though, as the raid likely includes elements that need coordination and teamwork, as can be seen in the Division 2 raid trailer. Bungie didn’t allow matchmaking in Destiny’s raids for that same reason, but they also prepared players ahead of time. For Division 2, many players are scrambling to find a group and our now resorting to in-game meeting places in order to find 7 other raid teammates.

Division 2’s Operation Dark Hours raid release May 16th for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
It seems hard enough to coordinate 4 randos that actually know what they are doing.  8 should be a real gassss.  But hay, I am not holding my breath.

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
It seems hard enough to coordinate 4 randos that actually know what they are doing.  8 should be a real gassss.  But hay, I am not holding my breath.

...gene
Trying to get at lease four players all together is hard enough. But getting eight more together will be a lot harder. I know I tried !!

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I did 2 Classified Missions yesterday & they weren't to hard to do as a Solo player. Here's a sample video here:

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
What the actual GS requirements I'm not certain. But, yes, definitely endgame, highly likely WT5.
It's gear score 490.

Not happy about there not being matchmaking for this. I don't like it in Destiny either.

I get that there might be a lot of coordination and communication needed and that is harder with random players versus a group of gaming friends, but that should be our choice. 

We had matchmaking for the Incursions in the first game. There wasn't a big outcry about it being a problem.

They basically just gated 90% of the player base from entering the raid.

Yes, I know there are LFG's options out there and ways to get around it, but it doesn't change the fact that there will be a hell of a lot less people entering the raid today than there would have been.

Maybe it's a buggy mess and that was their intention. This initial wave will be the beta testers before they fix it and open it up to matchmaking.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
It's gear score 490.

Not happy about there not being matchmaking for this. I don't like it in Destiny either.

I get that there might be a lot of coordination and communication needed and that is harder with random players versus a group of gaming friends, but that should be our choice. 

We had matchmaking for the Incursions in the first game. There wasn't a big outcry about it being a problem.

They basically just gated 90% of the player base from entering the raid.

Yes, I know there are LFG's options out there and ways to get around it, but it doesn't change the fact that there will be a hell of a lot less people entering the raid today than there would have been.

Maybe it's a buggy mess and that was their intention. This initial wave will be the beta testers before they fix it and open it up to matchmaking.
The whole MM fiasco makes no sense.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
It's a good point. They have seemed to change their minds at the last moment.  So, maybe it is to restrict access due to bugs as you said.
Joker does have a good point on that. To me it's little confusing on how do we put together a 8 player squad without matchmaking. It doesn't make any sense. I read the fullness of the article from GameRant,Ubisoft,& IGN. Here's that article from IGN:  https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/15/the-division-2-raid-will-not-have-matchmaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements