• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Operation Dark Hours (RAID)

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
So I went to the official UBI TD2 forums and read their excuse for not having matchmaking for the raid.  I am not satisfied.  Who are they to decided we can't get 8 folks together and on a Saturday grind it out and have a gas dying alot.

They say they are listening, but hey - if they listened, there would have been matchmaking from the git-go.  This exclusionary decision just points the whole game it the wrong direction.  Again from a previous post - did they not learn from TD1?

Now I have heard that practiced teams (on PC) are clearing the RAID in 20-30 minutes.  So why can't a rando team figure it out.  And if a team member bugs out, get a replacement, that is how combat/games works.

This is just a poor decision - I hope they fix it.

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
So I went to the official UBI TD2 forums and read their excuse for not having matchmaking for the raid.  I am not satisfied.  Who are they to decided we can't get 8 folks together and on a Saturday grind it out and have a gas dying alot.

They say they are listening, but hey - if they listened, there would have been matchmaking from the git-go.  This exclusionary decision just points the whole game it the wrong direction.  Again from a previous post - did they not learn from TD1?

Now I have heard that practiced teams (on PC) are clearing the RAID in 20-30 minutes.  So why can't a rando team figure it out.  And if a team member bugs out, get a replacement, that is how combat/games works.

This is just a poor decision - I hope they fix it.

...gene
I think Ubisoft wants us use our clans to put together a 8 man/woman team. My guest Ubisoft created the Clan idea so we wouldn't want to use matchmaking in first place. Well that's bad for players who aren't in clan. Not all players have gotten around to join any clan. So I guest those who don't have a clan & can't matchmake in game will be left out of the raid all together. Well say that is being unreasonable & not fair Ubisoft shame on you!!!

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I don't know. 

Maybe there was some technical hurdle with it that we are unaware of.  Since you need a mic for the raid maybe they didn't want to force raid teams to keep having to boot randoms that join without one. 
My best guest is this if you belong to a large clan. I think that is why Ubisoft didn't want us to use MatchMaking is because they want us to pick team members from our clans only. That's my best guest.

Disneyadventure

Community Agent
My reason for not doing a raid even if I'm part of clan or not. It takes to long to do it on console. I heard it will take up to 36 hours to do it on console. I got it from this Link here:

https://gamerant.com/division-2-raid-ps4-xbox-one-beat-329/
Console players are not real gamers. 

It's why they have a console and not a PC so of course it will take them longer. 

This whole thing that console players should be able to play like PC players is just stupid especially in a game like this. 

Of course you have it tougher because the system you use is weaker. 

It would be like me taking my Hyundai Elantra down to the drag strip and whining that I can't compete with the 68 Camaro's. 

Want better performance then buy a better system. 

Simple as that. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Console players are not real gamers. 

It's why they have a console and not a PC so of course it will take them longer. 

This whole thing that console players should be able to play like PC players is just stupid especially in a game like this. 

Of course you have it tougher because the system you use is weaker. 

It would be like me taking my Hyundai Elantra down to the drag strip and whining that I can't compete with the 68 Camaro's. 

Want better performance then buy a better system. 

Simple as that. 
That's not true console players are as much real gamers as PC players. I played video games on PC and Console. I say Console players are a lot better players than PC players. As seen here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
If they were they wouldn't be complaining about not being able to beat the raid. 
How does that has anything to do about console players not being a gamer. You don't state any facts or prove that PC players are gamers and console players are not. You just only state your own opinion without backing it up without any proof or facts. Consoles have around for 47 years and here's my proof like this here:What was the very first video game console?When most people think about the first video game, they think of Pong, the ping-pong arcade game released by Atari in 1972. However, months earlier, Magnavox had released its Magnavox Odyssey, a home video game system based on the “Brown Box,” a prototype invented by Ralph Baer.Here's that Link:https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/object-groups/the-father-of-the-video-game-the-ralph-baer-prototypes-and-electronic-games When did the first home computer come out? The most popular home computers in the USA up to 1985 were: the TRS-80 (1977), various models of the Apple II family (first introduced in 1977), the Atari 400/800 (1979) along with its follow up models the 800XL and 130XE, and the Commodore VIC-20 (1980) and the Commodore 64 (1982). Home computers been around for 42 years. Here's that Link:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_computer When did the first video game come out? 1971 Video games have been around since the early 1970s. The first commercial arcade video game, Computer Space by Nutting Associates, was introduced in 1971. In 1972, Atari introduced Pong to the arcades. An interesting item to note is that Atari was formed by Nolan Bushnell, the man who developed Computer Space.How long has video games been around for 48 years. Here's that Link:https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/video-game2.htm.This proves that consoles have been around a lot longer than home computers. As console players we were gamers a lot longer than any PC players.Who's better at playing video games console players or pc players? Jan 17, 2019 - Xbox players are better at video games than people who own PS4 or PC, according to a new survey. LG commissioned a new survey that asked 14,000 people to participate in the electronic company's reaction test Here's that Link:https://nypost.com/2019/01/17/xbox-players-are-better-at-gaming-than-ps4-and-pc-owners-survey/ It's not just my opinion....but facts & proof that I put in my statements. Where's yours??

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I can't see any differences in these type of consoles or PC. But a home computer maybe faster don't always make it better. Because consoles are just another type of computer & some people just don't always look it that way. Both home computers & consoles uses hard drives,sound cards,memory cards,graphic cards,& sometimes use routers or modems for wi -fi.

What hardware specs are used in the xbox one console?

Internals. Xbox One is powered by an AMD "Jaguar" Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) with two quad-core modules totaling eight x86-64 cores clocked at 1.75 GHz, and 8 GB of DDR3 RAM with a memory bandwidth of 68.3 GB/s.

Here's a couple of Links to that:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/xbox-one-s-specifications-and-features-page-2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One

https://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hardware-and-specs/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF_uOUj9JSqB61nNxhGiBcG69I__sgLhRuB-ysEsCb-87G5CTEAvd0NRoRy5aJIdzYcXNCW98ZmdQb1PPf2GYSbdmiIq0v1tB8MpdyYr8S5rGAeJJ43TBws56x5ghkcJI1W4epUv48lsW8btdvcyVXgBibivim_MpSeP4YvYPXcJ

Here's the hardware specs of  a PS4 or PS4 pro.

Here's that Link :

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/tech-specs/

Media

Blu-ray, DVD

Operating system

PlayStation 4 system software

CPU

Semi-custom 8-core AMD x86-64 Jaguar 1.6 GHz CPU (2.13GHz on PS4 Pro) (integrated into APU)[6]
Secondary low power processor (for background tasks)[7]

Memory

8 GB GDDR5 (unified)
256 MB DDR3 RAM (for background tasks)[7]

Storage

Hard drive, 500 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB[8](user upgradeable, supports SSD)

Display

HDMI (480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K for pictures and videos only)[9][10]

Graphics

Custom AMD 800MHz (911MHz on PS4 Pro) GCN Radeon (integrated into APU)

Controller input

DualShock 4, PlayStation Move, PlayStation Vita

Camera

PlayStation Camera

Connectivity

802.11 b/g/n (Slim and Pro: a/b/g/n/ac) Wireless, Bluetooth 2.1 (Slim and Pro: 4.0), USB 3.0 (Slim and Pro: 3.1), Ethernet 10/100/1000

What hardware specs are used in the xbox one s xbox one x consoles?

Xbox One X vs. Xbox One S: Spec showdown

Category

Xbox One X

Xbox One S

Processor

8-core Jaguar "Evolved" CPU at 2.3GHz

8-core Jaguar CPU at 1.75GHz

Storage

1TB

500GB, 1TB or 2TB

Memory

12GB of GDDR5 RAM

8GB DDR3 RAM

Graphics

40 CUs (1,172Mhz) 6 TF GPU

12 CUs (914MHz) 1.23 TF GPU

Disneyadventure

Community Agent
How does that has anything to do about console players not being a gamer. You don't state any facts or prove that PC players are gamers and console players are not. You just only state your own opinion without backing it up without any proof or facts. Consoles have around for 47 years and here's my proof like this here:What was the very first video game console?When most people think about the first video game, they think of Pong, the ping-pong arcade game released by Atari in 1972. However, months earlier, Magnavox had released its Magnavox Odyssey, a home video game system based on the “Brown Box,” a prototype invented by Ralph Baer.Here's that Link:https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/object-groups/the-father-of-the-video-game-the-ralph-baer-prototypes-and-electronic-games When did the first home computer come out? The most popular home computers in the USA up to 1985 were: the TRS-80 (1977), various models of the Apple II family (first introduced in 1977), the Atari 400/800 (1979) along with its follow up models the 800XL and 130XE, and the Commodore VIC-20 (1980) and the Commodore 64 (1982). Home computers been around for 42 years. Here's that Link:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_computer When did the first video game come out? 1971 Video games have been around since the early 1970s. The first commercial arcade video game, Computer Space by Nutting Associates, was introduced in 1971. In 1972, Atari introduced Pong to the arcades. An interesting item to note is that Atari was formed by Nolan Bushnell, the man who developed Computer Space.How long has video games been around for 48 years. Here's that Link:https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/video-game2.htm.This proves that consoles have been around a lot longer than home computers. As console players we were gamers a lot longer than any PC players.Who's better at playing video games console players or pc players? Jan 17, 2019 - Xbox players are better at video games than people who own PS4 or PC, according to a new survey. LG commissioned a new survey that asked 14,000 people to participate in the electronic company's reaction test Here's that Link:https://nypost.com/2019/01/17/xbox-players-are-better-at-gaming-than-ps4-and-pc-owners-survey/ It's not just my opinion....but facts & proof that I put in my statements. Where's yours??
What I meant was that they generally are not as skilled as PC gamers are. 

Being a PC gamer takes far more dedication, you not only have to get the rig but keep it updated. They are more serious about their gaming than the majority of console players are. 

Any six year old can pop in a game of Mario Kart but that doesn't make them a real gamer. 

There is a reason people on PC completed the raid first and it's not because console people can't aim, it's because they are more dedicated, they know how to form groups better, they have better communication. 

They are more serious about their gaming. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
What I meant was that they generally are not as skilled as PC gamers are. 

Being a PC gamer takes far more dedication, you not only have to get the rig but keep it updated. They are more serious about their gaming than the majority of console players are. 

Any six year old can pop in a game of Mario Kart but that doesn't make them a real gamer. 

There is a reason people on PC completed the raid first and it's not because console people can't aim, it's because they are more dedicated, they know how to form groups better, they have better communication. 

They are more serious about their gaming. 
I been playing video games on PC & Console for as long as 44 years.  I'm very skilled & very serious on each video game I play. I'm also dedicated to what & how I play. I find most console players that I met online are also skilled,dedicated,& serious gamers when comes to video games. I got most my skills & ideas from console players while still playing video games on PC. Plus why didn't you say that in the first place Disneyadventure ?

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Awesome.  Console vs PC gamers debate....  :51_scream: .

The percentage of PC vs Console gamers that are more serious with there gaming probably falls on the side of the PC.  There are a number of reasons for this, one being the commitment that is required to get and keep the hardware up to date with a PC setup.  Saying that, there are a higher proportion of gamers are gaming on Consoles due to cost, availability and ease of use.

Therefore you may find (figures literally pulled out of my invisible hat) 70% of PC gamers are 'more hard core' whilst only 30% of Console gamers may identify as the same level but the difference in numbers of gamers on each platform even the number of 'Hard core' gamers out or cause Console gamers to pull ahead (I would suggest this is quite likely).

This can be hard to see as playing on consoles, using the 'out of thin air' figures above, 70% of Console players you may meet are just casual which could easily lead you to believe that there are not that many 'Hard Core' gamers on that type of platform.

Personally I don't care as we are all gamers regardless of level and with out us being willing to pump money in to the industry it would fade away.  If only there were more PC gamers to help stop PC games getting Console nerfed  :5_smiley: .

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Awesome.  Console vs PC gamers debate....  :51_scream: .

The percentage of PC vs Console gamers that are more serious with there gaming probably falls on the side of the PC.  There are a number of reasons for this, one being the commitment that is required to get and keep the hardware up to date with a PC setup.  Saying that, there are a higher proportion of gamers are gaming on Consoles due to cost, availability and ease of use.

Therefore you may find (figures literally pulled out of my invisible hat) 70% of PC gamers are 'more hard core' whilst only 30% of Console gamers may identify as the same level but the difference in numbers of gamers on each platform even the number of 'Hard core' gamers out or cause Console gamers to pull ahead (I would suggest this is quite likely).

This can be hard to see as playing on consoles, using the 'out of thin air' figures above, 70% of Console players you may meet are just casual which could easily lead you to believe that there are not that many 'Hard Core' gamers on that type of platform.

Personally I don't care as we are all gamers regardless of level and with out us being willing to pump money in to the industry it would fade away.  If only there were more PC gamers to help stop PC games getting Console nerfed  :5_smiley: .
I began as a Arcade player as soon as the Atari console came out. I switch over to that while still playing at Arcades during late 70's & early 80's. Later during 80's  & 90's I switch to Nintendo console during that time in 1992 I got my first Tandy PC from Radio Shack. But there wasn't to many games for PCs at that time. So I kept my Nintendo along with my PC until better games started to come out for PC were getting more powerful on PC & Console. So I ditch my Tandy for a more powerful  IBM clone PC. But still play on both console & PC. Until Sega Genesis came out during late 80's & early 90's I bought one. It was the graphics & sharpness of the games on console that got me more interested in consoles along with PCs. But PCs have a drawback you have to buy more memory,better graphic cards,sound cards,& along that a better & faster PC. This gets very costly for person on a budget. So during 90's I got a Real 3DO console to save money.But  when Playstation 1 came out in 1994 I still couldn't afford it. Until a friend of mine gave me a used one for my birthday in 2005.So I bought refurbished PCs to keep down the cost of buying new ones. Way back in 1992 or 93 I start to fix them & pick out my own parts like graphic  vga cards,memory,& sound cards. So I could customize my refurbished Dell PCs & IBM clones.I been fixing & customizing PCs for 27 years. Sorry to say when my mother died late in 2013 and after insurance was paid to my sister & I. We both use insurance to bury my dear mother & what was left over I paid off the bills & bought a new PC & Playstation 4 in early 2014.But a few years later the graphics card over heated when the fan burnt out on that PC. So I start to play Playstation 4 more. Because computer parts are more costly to replace than replacing a console. That's why I switch to playing video games on console than PC. Later on I bought a refurbished Xbox one console & kept my Playstation 4 along with that PC. I was told Xbox one had more games being sold than PS4. So that's I why change over to an Xbox One and been playing ever since along with PS4 and I bought a used PS3. I still think PC players aren't any better or worse than console players as gamers. They both are very skilled & serious players when comes to playing video games. I think both should be treated equitably & fairly when comes to playing video games as gamers. That's my fair opinion on PC players & Console players as gamers.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I don't know if PC players know this or not. But  new consoles uses an 8 core processor speed. What is a 8 core processor? A core used to mean a single, independent CPU. ... If you take something like a Intel Core i7-5960X, then it's a single package, 8 core, 16 SMT threads processor. It has 20MB of cache, and a single memory bus connection shared between all processors. Does more cores mean faster? The higher the clock speed, the faster the processor. Clock speeds become more nebulous when you consider speeds relative to multiple cores because processors crunch multiple data threads thanks to the extra cores but each of those cores will be running at lower speeds because of the thermal restrictions.  Are more cores better than speed?   So a dual core 3.0GHz processor has 2 processing units each with a clock speed of 3.0GHz. ... Today, even smartphones have CPUs with multiple cores. Multi-core CPUs appear faster because they are able to take a much larger amount of workload than their single-core counterparts.  What is a good processor speed? A clock speed of 3.5 GHz to 4.0 GHz is generally considered a good clock speed for gaming but it's more important to have good single thread performance. This means that your CPU does a good job understanding and completing single tasks. This is not to be confused with having a single core processor.  Which processor is best for gaming?

The best CPUs for gaming are:

In all home computer clock speed doesn't always make it any better to play games on.But with the core does make a difference in what games  we play and what system we play it on either PC & Consoles.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
:14_relaxed: .

Yeah, is is a bit irritating.  

People, when they put their mind to it, can self organise without having to follow instructions if they are willing to adapt to the other team members actions.

I did Tidal Basin on Challenging with randoms last night and we pretty much just ran though it.  We all knew where to go and what to do and just blitzed it without a word spoken.

Could we have organised better with discussion, yeah, sure, but it is not always needed.

The fact that people have been locked out of the Wk1 Raid patch as well due to no match making is pretty bad as well.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
:14_relaxed: .

Yeah, is is a bit irritating.  

People, when they put their mind to it, can self organize without having to follow instructions if they are willing to adapt to the other team members actions.

I did Tidal Basin on Challenging with randoms last night and we pretty much just ran though it.  We all knew where to go and what to do and just blitzed it without a word spoken.

Could we have organized better with discussion, yeah, sure, but it is not always needed.

The fact that people have been locked out of the Wk1 Raid patch as well due to no match making is pretty bad as well.
Yeah I too think it's irritating. When I sometimes team up with others. I have problems with other team members not following my lead. A lot players just jump right into a ambush without looking ahead to see if the enemy is coming right at them. I fall back into cover so I can size up the moment before I  can act to make sure they aren't going to outflank me. But for now I haven't done any of the raids....because it might take to long to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements