• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Recalibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
Here is what I understand so far from using recalibration (all my gear is at least +50, most is +100).

As with TD1, only one attribute can be recalibrated.
The recalibration scale is 0 to 100 on gear and weapons.
'Moving' an attribute destroys the source item and costs various resources (i.e. electronics)
Recalibrating a second (and future times) has a higher cost of resources (more than the first recalibration.)
Purple items, while having a smaller 'pool' of stats, have fewer attributes, so a particular attribute has the potential for larger stats value.

OK, now my experience.

Resources take an inordinate amount of time to collect and have a very low drop rate.

Gear recalibration seems to work OK, but the cost of a second or third recalibration is very high.  This would drive the behavior of not recalibrating until you have a attribute you want that maxes the recalibration score.  Maxing the recalibration score would seem to indicate that attribute stat is the highest you can get, or that you can apply to that piece of gear.

Getting a piece of gold gear that has one high and two low stats will allow that high stat to be replaced (or upgraded) to a higher level than the same piece of gear that has three average stats.   The 'pool' is only so big.  This seems to hold true, but only tested on two pieces of gear.

Weapon recalibration seems to be broken.  I have sifted through literally 100s of weapon combinations without a single piece raising the recalibration score even +1.

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Here is what I understand so far from using recalibration (all my gear is at least +50, most is +100).

As with TD1, only one attribute can be recalibrated.
The recalibration scale is 0 to 100 on gear and weapons.
'Moving' an attribute destroys the source item and costs various resources (i.e. electronics)
Recalibrating a second (and future times) has a higher cost of resources (more than the first recalibration.)
Purple items, while having a smaller 'pool' of stats, have fewer attributes, so a particular attribute has the potential for larger stats value.

OK, now my experience.

Resources take an inordinate amount of time to collect and have a very low drop rate.

Gear recalibration seems to work OK, but the cost of a second or third recalibration is very high.  This would drive the behavior of not recalibrating until you have a attribute you want that maxes the recalibration score.  Maxing the recalibration score would seem to indicate that attribute stat is the highest you can get, or that you can apply to that piece of gear.

Getting a piece of gold gear that has one high and two low stats will allow that high stat to be replaced (or upgraded) to a higher level than the same piece of gear that has three average stats.   The 'pool' is only so big.  This seems to hold true, but only tested on two pieces of gear.

Weapon recalibration seems to be broken.  I have sifted through literally 100s of weapon combinations without a single piece raising the recalibration score even +1.

...gene
Gene I'm with you this new recalibration. In The Division 1 recalibration of  weapons & gear was a lot easier than it is now. I have no idea why Ubisoft choose to change this. It does destroy any further use of said weapons or gear for use in the near future. I too tried weapons recalibration and tried to  recalibrate my weapon to a higher weapon score. It just doesn't work at all. I even try it on different weapons on different days to see if if the  recalibration  would work and it doesn't. But it does work on my gear.  I can get that gear score from 500 to 515 as far as I know. But when it comes to recalibration to any weapons I can't. I can only change damage and few other things on the weapons. Like if I want a weapon to have use 20% percent more ammo in my clip I can. I can change damage up to a certain percent I can & etcetera unless it's capped. But no dice on the weapon score at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Do talents change the recal score at all on weapons ?.  If not then maybe this is why weapons are not getting one as most people are swapping talents out most the time.

Using more and more resources is the same as it used to be in TD1.  It is a difficult balance between being able to recal often and get exactly what you want and keeping the desire for looting going to get what you want.

TBH what I find irritating is looting a suitcase or bag or something and getting a teddy bear or some other pretty useless junk rather than cosmetic or useful item for recal.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Do talents change the recal score at all on weapons ?.  If not then maybe this is why weapons are not getting one as most people are swapping talents out most the time.

Using more and more resources is the same as it used to be in TD1.  It is a difficult balance between being able to recal often and get exactly what you want and keeping the desire for looting going to get what you want.

TBH what I find irritating is looting a suitcase or bag or something and getting a teddy bear or some other pretty useless junk rather than cosmetic or useful item for recal.
Yeah it should.....but it doesn't change a thing. I tried to change the talents on almost every weapon I had over & over again. For some reason or not it won't change the weapon score at all. It's very frustrating to get talents to change on a weapon or weapons to change the  weapon score it just won't do it & I don't know why??

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yeah it should.....but it doesn't change a thing. I tried to change the talents on almost every weapon I had over & over again. For some reason or not it won't change the weapon score at all. It's very frustrating to get talents to change on a weapon or weapons to change the  weapon score it just won't do it & I don't know why??
Why would you expect talents to do so? I think if you're swapping one talent for another then the GS would be unaffected. Otherwise it means talents should have some sort of measure to rate them. Attributes have a roll, so you could be exceeding the GS by the improvement. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Why would you expect talents to do so? I think if you're swapping one talent for another then the GS would be unaffected. Otherwise it means talents should have some sort of measure to rate them. Attributes have a roll, so you could be exceeding the GS by the improvement. 
These new gear score & weapon score is mostly new to me. It's not like the one in The Division 1 the recalibration  was a whole easier to do than it is in The Division 2.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
Talents don't impact gear score. It's that simple.

genedjr

Community Elite
Talents don't impact gear score. It's that simple.
That is not my point.  NOTHING I have on any weapon mixed with any other weapon moves the recalibration score of any weapon.  I spent over an hour working through all combinations.

And while I agree that talents do not contribute to recalibration score - IMNSHO they should 😎.

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
That is not my point.  NOTHING I have on any weapon mixed with any other weapon moves the recalibration score of any weapon.  I spent over an hour working through all combinations.

And while I agree that talents do not contribute to recalibration score - IMNSHO they should 😎.

...gene
Like I said before I didn't think so.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Yeah, not sure I agree.  Talents are more situational, for some, and can also depend on your play style.

How to assign recal scores to them.

The knock on effect will be that people will only go for the high recal score ones, again for the most part, and it will severely reduce the already poor build diversity.

The regenerate ammo talent is a fairly good example off the top of my head.

Running two fast RPM weapons and it has very limited value as the ammo regenerates so slowly.  However, if you run with a fast weapon (say SMG for close burst damage) and a Sniper or Rifle for longer range and the SMG has the talent then your Sniper / Rifle ammo will stay topped up with sensible use of both weapons.

Just my view why talents maybe should not be factored in for the recal score.  Headshot / out of cover etc bonuses should though but from what people are saying it seems they only affect gear and not weapons currently.

genedjr

Community Elite
Yeah, not sure I agree.  Talents are more situational, for some, and can also depend on your play style.

How to assign recal scores to them.
Yeah, it would really be an impact to have talents update the recalibration score.   But hey - they put the slider in there, its just not working for weapons.

I am sure Massive/UBI will make the game better.  But some of the new direction with this new game just takes away from the flavor and fun I had with TD1.

...gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements