Registering will remove ads

Has anyone come across any analysis or intelligence on the gear sets?

I'm not talking about attributes per se; I'm more interested in which sets lend themselves to certain builds. For instance in the first game the a five piece Sentry build lent itself to a marksman, whilst one of the others favoured a skill build. There was one brand of gear that was completely sh*t and didn't lend itself to anything, and I think that's the one they renamed.

I recognise that the buffs and attributes play a massive part in the style but I'm wondering if there's an overview. I've been using divisionbuilder.com and it's useful to a point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The ocean is on fire...........The sky turned dark again as the boats came in........And the beaches, stretched out with soldiers, with their guns and arms..........It has just begun

Registering will remove ads
On 7/17/2019 at 4:12 AM, Big Grumper said:

Has anyone come across any analysis or intelligence on the gear sets?

I'm not talking about attributes per say; I'm more interested in which sets lend themselves to certain builds. For instance in the first game the a five piece Sentry build lent itself to a marksman, whilst one of the others favored a skill build. There was one brand of gear that was completely sh*t and didn't lend itself to anything, and I think that's the one they renamed.

I recognize that the buffs and attributes play a massive part in the style but I'm wondering if there's an overview. I've been using division builder.com and it's useful to a point.

I been collecting & finding parts to gear sets......But a lot them having a low gear score below 500 GS. But haven't come across any with  analysis or intelligence on the gear sets yet. So far I haven't found full gear sets yet either.

• Like 2

So far I haven't looked at my gear sets I pick up. As soon as I get a piece of a gear set. I just drop them in my storage box to look at them later.

• Like 1

Same here. I think i'm close to both. It doesn't worry me a great deal as people don't rave about gear sets in TD2, whereas TD1 we used to live and breathe gear sets. It was what defined a build. My impression is brands x(n) piece talents are more relevant.

I'm so ignorant on builds in TD2, it isn't funny lol. 🥺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

Same here. I think i'm close to both. It doesn't worry me a great deal as people don't rave about gear sets in TD2, whereas TD1 we used to live and breathe gear sets. It was what defined a build. My impression is brands x(n) piece talents are more relevant.

I'm so ignorant on builds in TD2, it isn't funny lol. 🥺

I was the same way in The Division 1. Because it was much easier to put together a gear set & used it. Than it is in The Division 2.

I don't know much about these new gear sets that they have in The Division 2 & maybe a little confused about how they work and what to use the for. But when I played The Division 1 and new gear sets were added after the new update.... they(Ubisoft) told us what to used them for & what they were about and how to use them.But The Division 2 doesn't say much about them. So when I find some I put them away in my stash box & look later to see if I have a full set. If I do have a full set I'll take them out of my stash box and used them & figure out from there on what to use them for.

Edited by Malcolm Kocinski
  • Like 1