Registering will remove ads
Oh. daesu

Episode 3 - Gear Changes

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Yesterday's State of the Game introduced sweeping changing to gear coming in an update following Episode 3. We wanted to rework the systems related to gear to something that is easier to understand, more rewarding for the player and further emphasize the satisfying progression of finding a key piece for your build. The so called "budget system" will be a thing of the past and "god rolls" are coming to The Division 2. Combined with the upcoming UI changes we first showcased back in December, gear drops will now be more intuitive, and you will be able to tell at a glance if your new gear item is an upgrade to your existing kit.

gear_perspective_corrected_godrolled_360

All brand sets have been looked at with the intention of making them more aligned with various playstyles, increase the amount of fun synergies between them and lower popularity brand have been revitalized. Talents have also seen an extensive overhaul with the removal of activation requirements and made more impactful to your build. Further changes to the core attributes are also present, where they are now fixed per brand and can be recalibrated.

We can't wait for you to get your hands on these changes when they are ready, and we hope that you tune in as we reveal more of what our plans are.

For all the juicy details, check out the Twitch VoD.

Registering will remove ads
21 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Yesterday's State of the Game introduced sweeping changing to gear coming in an update following Episode 3. We wanted to rework the systems related to gear to something that is easier to understand, more rewarding for the player and further emphasize the satisfying progression of finding a key piece for your build. The so called "budget system" will be a thing of the past and "god rolls" are coming to The Division 2. Combined with the upcoming UI changes we first showcased back in December, gear drops will now be more intuitive, and you will be able to tell at a glance if your new gear item is an upgrade to your existing kit.

gear_perspective_corrected_godrolled_360

All brand sets have been looked at with the intention of making them more aligned with various playstyles, increase the amount of fun synergies between them and lower popularity brand have been revitalized. Talents have also seen an extensive overhaul with the removal of activation requirements and made more impactful to your build. Further changes to the core attributes are also present, where they are now fixed per brand and can be recalibrated.

We can't wait for you to get your hands on these changes when they are ready, and we hope that you tune in as we reveal more of what our plans are.

For all the juicy details, check out the Twitch VoD.

What I would to see on these gear rolls is to take something from another gear part......say like your holster and place that roll or transfer it on your other gear to your vest,backpack,knee pads,gloves,or gas mask to recalibrated to that gear. The same with your weapons if I see something like better damage or better talent  and transfer it from your shotgun to your smg,assault rifle,rifle,or sniper rifle and same way with all your weapons so they can do more damage or to change talents the way you want it work for you. That's what I would like to see in The Division 2. If Ubisoft decides to do this on the next updates in future.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, Malcolm Kocinski said:

What I would to see on these gear rolls is to take something from another gear part......say like your holster and place that roll or transfer it on your other gear to your vest,backpack,knee pads,gloves,or gas mask to recalibrated to that gear. The same with your weapons if I see something like better damage or better talent  and transfer it from your shotgun to your smg,assault rifle,rifle,or sniper rifle and same way with all your weapons so they can do more damage or to change talents the way you want it work for you. That's what I would like to see in The Division 2. If Ubisoft decides to do this on the next updates in future.

Actual, I think that might cause a "balancing"headache for the devs. They have to worry about one type of build becoming too OPed. Not that  they a great track record for that thru TD1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oh. daesu said:

Actual, I think that might cause a "balancing"headache for the devs. They have to worry about one type of build becoming too OPed. Not that  they a great track record for that thru TD1.

I don't think it would hurt the devs if they made this change for the better. If the devs gave it a try.