Registering will remove ads
Mr.SaTurN

What is your favorite old game?

Just wondering what got you guys hooked. Also if you post what system it's for and how old you are. Guess mine and win my love for all eternity, Jimmy don't you dare guess.

Registering will remove ads

It's hard to name just one. I'm 30 years old now  

NES - Hard to say how old I was.  Before kindergarten for sure.  I got lucky with an older brother.

Mario Bros 2

Legend of Zelda

SNES - 

Super Mario World

Mortal Kombat

Legend of Zelda: LttP

N64 - 

Goldeneye

Legend of Zelda: OoT

PC -

Starcraft

All of those games have heavily shaped my interests in gaming today. There are tons more but those are the ones that stand out as really solidifying me as a "gamer". 

• Upvote 2

Nice list man, I know how it feels to be hitting 30. I think I put tons of hours into all those games except Mortal Kombat, I think I was more of a Tekken player lol

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't think I played Tekken for the first time almost until the PS2 came out.  Don't really know why, none of my friends were playing it either is probably a big reason. 

Speaking of PS games, I could probably add Resident Evil to the list. That was bar-none the scariest experience of my childhood. I loved it. 

Legend of Zelda and Mario on the NES

Sonic on the Sega Megadrive (I believe the Megadrive was called differently in the US, not sure)

Final Fantasy and Resident Evil series on the various PS systems

pc - Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, World of Warcraft (pre cataclysm, after that it was done for me, still looking to get that fix somewhere)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Edit: Oh how could I forget, America's Army up until 2.8. Now that was a great shooter, I don't want to know how many hours I played it because I'll start to cry 

• Upvote 2

7o5OQUn.pngForum Sig.png

Oh so many memories. 

The First Fallout is still a game I keep picking up and play. Though I have done that a metric fuckton of times by now. But I think it started for me with games like Command & conquer, Interstate 76' and Duke Nukem..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EidolonFox said:

Oh so many memories. 

The First Fallout is still a game I keep picking up and play. Though I have done that a metric fuckton of times by now. But I think it started for me with games like Command & conquer, Interstate 76' and Duke Nukem..

Ah Command & Conquer... so many good times.

9 hours ago, DIR3_W0LF said:

Legend of Zelda and Mario on the NES

Im gonna play these, been way too long. 5 days too kill anyway.

13 hours ago, Mr.SaTurN said:

Just wondering what got you guys hooked. Also if you post what system it's for and how old you are. Guess mine and win my love for all eternity, Jimmy don't you dare guess.

haha I could so easily guess

• Upvote 3

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

Please read and follow the community guidelines.

"If this is what he wants and it's what

she wants, then why's there so much pain"

Adventure, Atari Pinball, Pitfall,  Aztec, Zork, Larry Bird and Dr. J One on One Basketball, Impossible mission, 

DC sig .png

11 hours ago, DIR3_W0LF said:

pc - Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, World of Warcraft (pre cataclysm, after that it was done for me, still looking to get that fix somewhere)

Planescape Torment was pretty good I still haven't finished it only ended up getting around halfway through. Command and Conquer so many hours spent in red alert... Speaking of good old RTS's I see mention of Starcraft but anyone beat Warcraft 2? I spent about as many hours deforesting  worlds as I did building more Pylons.

What got me really hooked into PC Gaming was Call of Duty 4 back in 2012 or 2013. Mind you, game was made back in 2007. Loved the Pokemon games on the Game Boy Advanced and well as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Favorite PS2 game has to be Gran Turismo 2. Wasn't the biggest fan of the Nintendo Wii.

I really need to emulate the old GBA games however. I enjoyed those so much.

• Upvote 1

"I will seek the mantel of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life."

Atari- Pitfall, Pole Position. NES- Ninja Gaiden, TMNT.  Genesis- NHL 92, SF2.  PS1- MGS.

Edited by sno pro23
  • Upvote 1

Halo CE with the massive controller and later Halo 2 discovering Xbox Live.

Star Wars: Rouge Squadron N64

Super Smash Bros (N64 and Meele)

Several James Bond games

Resident Evil 1 - 4

• Upvote 1

tumblr_nq0n0rvSnP1r0xmk4o1_250.gif

12 hours ago, Doehner said:

Halo CE with the massive controller and later Halo 2 discovering Xbox Live.

Star Wars: Rouge Squadron N64

Super Smash Bros (N64 and Meele)

Several James Bond games

Resident Evil 1 - 4

Oh I remember rogue squadron, awesome game

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

I grew up as an NES kid. We never had a SNES but we eventually got a PlayStation and an Xbox. I also had a Sega Game Gear and a Gameboy Color. I think most of my time was spent in Super Mario Bros. But when we started upgrading systems I did really like Legend of Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro. I use to go over to my friends house to play Harvest Moon on her SNES. Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy and I was wildly addicted to this Power Rangers game on my Game gear, lol.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kitten said:

I grew up as an NES kid. We never had a SNES but we eventually got a PlayStation and an Xbox. I also had a Sega Game Gear and a Gameboy Color. I think most of my time was spent in Super Mario Bros. But when we started upgrading systems I did really like Legend of Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro. I use to go over to my friends house to play Harvest Moon on her SNES. Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy and I was wildly addicted to this Power Rangers game on my Game gear, lol.

I think I spent most of my childhood playing the red, blue and yellow version of pokemon, I remember it would be my bed time so I would go into the bathroom and sneak my gameboy in there and play haha... had to catch em all. Good times.

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

5 hours ago, Kitten said:

Oh Harvest Moon was a great game, I remember  reading about it in a very old Nintendo Power Magazine I had forgotten about and wanting to play it. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere spent hours calling local places to see if they had it. I finally got a number to some game distributer somewhere far away and spent 75 bucks on buying it and having it shipped to me. Mostly my mom's money but hey I had 40 bucks saved up! Good times, and who didn't love Pokemon as a kid haha, Only wish I knew that Mew trick back in the day I'm sure I could have paid for my rare game habits selling mews on the playground. 

1 hour ago, g1nt3r said:

I think I spent most of my childhood playing the red, blue and yellow version of pokemon, I remember it would be my bed time so I would go into the bathroom and sneak my gameboy in there and play haha... had to catch em all. Good times.

Oh and what ever happened did you catch all of them? 

11 minutes ago, Mr.SaTurN said:

Oh and what ever happened did you catch all of them? 

You know damn well what happened... that brother of yours

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

10 minutes ago, g1nt3r said:

You know damn well what happened... that brother of yours

Haha don't feel bad I did the same thing to one of my friends when he showed me Pokemon for the first time. I didn't know changing boxes saved the game.. Poor guy almost had them all too. 

2 hours ago, g1nt3r said:

I can't tell you how many hours I spent into Fire Red. (Which was the remake of it for the GBA) I would spend 4+ hours into that game in a sitting sometimes. I am sad to report I never catched them all. Was not even close.

It's a sad day for America right now.

• Upvote 2

"I will seek the mantel of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life."

13 minutes ago, FM_HawKShoT said:

I can't tell you how many hours I spent into Fire Red. (Which was the remake of it for the GBA) I would spend 4+ hours into that game in a sitting sometimes. I am sad to report I never catched them all. Was not even close.

Don't worry bro as long as you caught at least some of them, the PokeGodz would be happy.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, FM_HawKShoT said:

There is always time to catch em all, at least the original 150 (151 with mew glitch)

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

well, this might be a long post since im  almost 49 and been gaming since pong was the best thing out in the 70's  HAHA

the ultima series on commodore 64, got me hooked on gaming, then played games i dont even remember on Intellivision. graduated to atari 2600 and all the usual games for those systems. the game that got me hooked on FPS games was goldeneye. loved that game. was hooked on madden for a while in the early 90's geez, i could go on and on. now, since i can afford it, i game on all major platforms, xbox one, PS4 and PC. but over all. my favorite games are FPS's, open world games like the elder scrolls series, RTS games like Command & Conquer (all of them)..too many to list really...once a gamer, always a gamer :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blazzen67 said:

well, this might be a long post since im  almost 49 and been gaming since pong was the best thing out in the 70's  HAHA

the ultima series on commodore 64, got me hooked on gaming, then played games i dont even remember on Intellivision. graduated to atari 2600 and all the usual games for those systems. the game that got me hooked on FPS games was goldeneye. loved that game. was hooked on madden for a while in the early 90's geez, i could go on and on. now, since i can afford it, i game on all major platforms, xbox one, PS4 and PC. but over all. my favorite games are FPS's, open world games like the elder scrolls series, RTS games like Command & Conquer (all of them)..too many to list really...once a gamer, always a gamer :)

haha I love the Command and Conquer series! Just a week ago I installed all of them haha.

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

6 minutes ago, g1nt3r said:

haha I love the Command and Conquer series! Just a week ago I installed all of them haha.

it is a great series.. i had them all at one time, but i think i gave a couple of them to my nephew years ago, i still have one of them, i have to look when i get home which one it is..havent played it in years...I might have to load it up again :)

12 minutes ago, Blazzen67 said:

it is a great series.. i had them all at one time, but i think i gave a couple of them to my nephew years ago, i still have one of them, i have to look when i get home which one it is..havent played it in years...I might have to load it up again :)

You remember the first person shooter C&C? Where you could pick different classes and had to protect your harvester and base from the other team. There was like a free demo I remember playing the crap out of that with my friend.

• Upvote 1