Registering will remove ads
Mr.SaTurN

What is your favorite old game?

Just now, Mr.SaTurN said:

You remember the first person shooter C&C? Where you could pick different classes and had to protect your harvester and base from the other team. There was like a free demo I remember playing the crap out of that with my friend.

HAHA I do remember that. i remember playing that a ton also...ahh such memories lol

• Upvote 1

Registering will remove ads
10 minutes ago, Blazzen67 said:

i think it was called  renegade wasnt it?

Man I don't know, I do remember it. That sounds right, I'm gonna look it up here when I get the chance and I'll link my findings. Hell maybe it's freeware now Lol! I don't think I even played the full version for some reason but I played the crap out of the demo. Makes me think that it wasn't released. I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr.SaTurN said:

Man I don't know, I do remember it. That sounds right, I'm gonna look it up here when I get the chance and I'll link my findings. Hell maybe it's freeware now Lol! I don't think I even played the full version for some reason but I played the crap out of the demo. Makes me think that it wasn't released. I could be wrong.

i was curious and since im on my lunch break i just looked it up.. it was indeed renegade and It was released on February 26, 2002 , it was a first person and 3rd person shooter

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Blazzen67 said:

i was curious and since im on my lunch break i just looked it up.. it was indeed renegade and It was released on February 26, 2002 , it was a first person and 3rd person shooter

2002? You just made me remember I have a bunch of grey hairs man... Right in the feels!

• Upvote 1

Ah renegade, I still have a renegade disc and cd key, the multiplayer was a lot of fun... Probably not online anymore... :/

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

Please read and follow the community guidelines.

"If this is what he wants and it's what

she wants, then why's there so much pain"

All I remember as a kid...errr...younger kid, is Tecmo Bowl Superbowl, Battletoads, Bayou Billy, the first Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Double Dragon, NBA Jam, and the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME.....Metal Gear Solid!! Anyone remember Altered Beast? :-)

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2016 at 7:24 PM, C2L3W1 said:

All I remember as a kid...errr...younger kid, is Tecmo Bowl Superbowl, Battletoads, Bayou Billy, the first Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Double Dragon, NBA Jam, and the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME.....Metal Gear Solid!! Anyone remember Altered Beast? :-)

A Metal Gear Solid Fan? 

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

3 hours ago, g1nt3r said:

A Metal Gear Solid Fan? 

There is still no other game like it. Not even any other Metal Gear game after it. I used to almost get mad I had to PLAY it to get to the cut scenes!

• Upvote 1

Battletoads was the most frustrating game I've ever played haha that jet car part was the worst. Luckily rare replay gave me a rewind button 

• Upvote 1

Contra of course. 

beach 2002, tekken now a days Plants and zombies .

• Upvote 1

On April 1, 2016 at 3:15 PM, C2L3W1 said:

There is still no other game like it. Not even any other Metal Gear game after it. I used to almost get mad I had to PLAY it to get to the cut scenes!

Did you like snake eater? That was was pretty damn good too. I didn't mind The Phantom Pain, it was a fun play through but it was very different from the standard MGS gameplay we're used to.

• Upvote 1

ginterkalashnikov2.gif

25 minutes ago, g1nt3r said:

Did you like snake eater? That was was pretty damn good too. I didn't mind The Phantom Pain, it was a fun play through but it was very different from the standard MGS gameplay we're used to.

I hated snake eater the most! I'm not a big fan of retro themed games. I guess that's why I liked the modern warfare series of COD better than all the others. 

I'm not that high on the Phantom pain either. I quit playing it after maybe 3 weeks. It felt like the story mode didn't go innorder, and I like structure. Lol

First off, there is no picking "one" (unless you mean one system, then I'd go with Super Nintendo). Secondly, I don't know what constitutes "old school" anymore, much less what those reading this would consider it to be, so I'll just stay away from current gen consoles/games:

Atari: Pitfall, Centipede, Frogger, Qbert, Breakout, Dig-Dug, Space Invaders

Caleco Vision: Burger Time, Galaxian, Choplifter,

NES: Metroid, Kid Icarus, Super Adventure Island, Zelda, Mario 3, Contra, Gradius

Gameboy: Super Mario Land, Tetris, Pokemon Red/Blue, Metroid II: Return of Samus

Atari Lynx: Crystal Mines II, Lemmings, Super Asteroids and Missle Command, Rampage

Sega: Sonic (any), Altered Beast, Bomberman

Super Nintendo: TMNT Turtles in Time, Street Fighter II, Super Mario World, Super Scope 6 (bundle), Donkey Kong Country, Secret of Mana, EVO: Search for Eden, Zool, F-Zero, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball, Sim Ant

PS1: Resident Evil, Crash Team Racing, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Tomb Raider, FFVII, Parasite Eve, Twisted Metal

Atari Jaguar: Alien Vs Predator, Primal Rage

N64: Goldeneye (was there any other games?)

Gamecube: Pikmin, Wave Race, Phantasy Star Online

Dreamcast: Soul Caliber, Crazy Taxi

Sega Saturn: Die Hard Trilogy, F1 Racing

PS2: 007: Agent Under Fire, GTA: San Andreas, FFX, God of War (all), Need for speed (all), Tekken (all), Resident Evil (all), Devil May Cry, Max Payne, Twisted Metal Black

Xbox: Halo, TESIII: Morrowind, Fable

Xbox 360: Army of Two, Prototype, Forza, Turok

Wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Sports, Zelda: Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess,

PS3: CoD Blops II, Uncharted (all), Resistance: Fall of Man, Resident Evil (all), inFamous, DCUO, Skyrim

PC: Oregon Trail, Team Fortress, WoW, Lotro, Starcraft, Spore, Zombocalypse, HRmageddon, Wolfenstein, Doom, SkiFree, Age of Empires (all)

I am absolutely leaving out a ton of games, and likely a system or two, but these just spring to mind.

Edited by Xeromaus

Let's see, I'm 27. And it would've had to start somewhere between SNES & my parent's Packard Bell.

On the console it was Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Zelda, & StarFox.

Packard Bell was some stupid hovercraft game. lol

Just escalated from there. Way too many to even compile a list.

Pole Position, GoldenEye, original Rainbow Six, Perfect Dark, Dragon Age series, and The Last of Us would probably be some of my favs.  

"You blocking with your head again!" "Eeyuuh, stink like dead baboon in here!" ~ Lo Wang

Check out my YouTube channel for Division content -

https://www.youtube.com/deadsockpuppet

forumsig2.png

(not quite a necropost)

simcity(esp 2000)

total war (esp shogun/ rome)

samurai of legend(text morg)

close combat

ghost recon (orig)

swtor (old yet?)

I think the thing or element rather that got me into gaming as a kid was actually going to arcades. They were everywhere. One big dark room with glowing monitors, retro sounds of explosions and other sound effects, hearing quarters clank into machines, seeing people celebrate their wins and raging at their losses. It was the videogame boom of the last century and eventually Atari made it all available in the home. Then the gaming market crashed and although I don't consider myself a fan anymore, I'll always be thankful Nintendo completely revitalized it with the NES and it's grown ever since. I guess I'll list a few of the games that just completely engulfed my time and for those of you not around during the days of arcades I'll post a great article I found that discussed what they were like back then. Pretty cool.

Atari- Pitfall 1 and 2, Berserk, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Joust

NES- Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Rygar, Excitebike, Super Mario, Blaster Master, Double Dribble, RC Pro Am!

Super NES- I really only liked Street Fighter 2 and Star Fox for this system

Genesis- Altered Beast, Herzog Zwei (the first RTS ever created), Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe

Playstation- Ridge Racer, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear Solid (favorite game on this platform and favorite gaming franchise ever), Final Fantasy 7 and 8, the original grand theft auto with the aerial view lol, Tekken 2

PS2- Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (probably my favorite in the series), Black, Twisted Metal Black, Gran Turismo 4, Silent Hill 2

Xbox- Halo for reinventing how multiplayer was played on console

Xbox 360- The vast majority of this generation was spent playing the gears of war franchise. I just never got sick of multiplayer regardless of how angry I got lol.

PC-Gunship and then Starcraft/Warcraft

And here's the article about the rise and fall of the arcades. Something we don't see anymore and if we do, is rarely if ever duplicated appropriately:

http://tinyurl.com/aawzxev

Edited by Kaliber

Mine is a Battlefield, and Overwatch, which me and my friends use to play on XBOX, after buying the Acheter Xbox gift card 50 euros from Press-start.

• Upvote 2

Bah, none of you are old - try Pong in a bar, space invaders, asteroids, Defender...

but the first that really caught on with me and my son, was phantasy star online.  It allowed us to play even though we were in different states as at that time I traveled extensively for work.  As that whole platform got compromised with "Game Sharks" we moved to everquest - just before they came out with a "windowed" UI.  ahhhh the good times of yore...

Today - Halo (all versions), Borderlands 2, TD - TD has pretty much all my attention right now.  Serious Sam 2 when I only have my laptop.

...gene

Edited by genedjr
  • Upvote 3

I'm glad I'm not that old, lmao. I'm young as hell in comparison to most here. I grew up mainly playing on the PC, my Steam account is almost 14 years old (which actually makes me feel old). I played on a bunch of the old-old gen consoles, such as the SNES, 64, Sega Genesis, Game Cube + Gameboys and a few others like PS1/2.  Mainly because I had brothers. I got heavily stuck into Counter Strike 1.-1.6, attended a few local LAN parties. 

I played the original Sims, mainly because at the time I thought it was lit I could control another person or a family even. Same reason I liked Command & Conquer and Age of Empires, other games I played the shit out of. Same goes for oldies like RollerCoaster Tycoon. I played the life out of Metal Gear Solids too, have been a big fan for ages. Another honorable mention would be Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, I loved that game. 

More honorable mentions would be Baldur’s Gate II, Half Life 1 and 2 (plus expansions/episodes), original Hitman, an old western game called Outlaws, Fallout 2, Quake, Tekken and Mortal Kombat. There's a shit ton I'm missing out, but just wanted to throw a few titles in the mix like most of y'all did.

Edited by BROGOD
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I have more than one favorite game or games. One is Fallout 1 & the other is Fallout Tactics.Here's a preview of both games:

Edited by Malcolm Kocinski