• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Game takes hours to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juels000

Can someone please help, yesterday I bought my first PS4 I was excited to get the tom claneys game The Division, I put it in but was really shocked to see it would take 10 hours for the update of 13gb I am not impressed at all, I tried taking the game out and reloading it,  I reset the box etc but nothing is working the latest one was +99 hours.  Has anyone had this experience and what can I do, I've always had an Xbox and this issue with this game has really put me off the PS4 so much so I'm thinking of taking it back and going back to the Xbox. IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Does 13Gb usually take long to download for you?

the 99+ hours is just your systems "estimate" on how long it will take based on an initial ping-rate it gets when you start to download. For example (I'm PC but should relate) often a download will start by saying 1hr but once it gets going drops significantly.

Remember that downloads can be effected by your connection - is your ISP "throttling" your connection due to download demand on their lines - and also demand from the servers the download is coming from.

On PC sometimes these issues are also caused by game launcher issues but as your on PSN this issue tends to point more to your Service Provider than something game-side. 

I'm also guessing that the download is coming more indirectly i.e. from PSN rather than from Ubisoft directly which could be another factor. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Also, are you connecting to your ISP router via WiFi or via a network cable.

Your ability to download takes in a number of factors...

1. Source ability to supply the data (bandwidth / contention / storage speed etc).
  2. Internet congestion (New round of cute kitty picks / Kardashians butt on display again ?)
  3. ISP to players home connection speed (ISP package subscribed to).
  4. Players home to PS4 connection speed (WiFi / Lan cable).
13.4GB is quite significant on a slow connection.  If you are connecting to your router via WiFi then run a network cable, even if just for the download and then go back to WiFi.

genedjr

Community Elite
Any updates?

Another suggestion - start the download, go to bed/work/play golf/take in a real movie  :4_joy: , anything but watch paint dry.

My guess is like RimBlock's its a combination of the 4 items he listed.

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements