• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

laggy enemies, does not take any damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junaii

Guys, maybe a solution for PC....   [Proviso, just tested for 10 mins in SP and its late, will confirm tomorrow evening]

So I've been checking everything, was on the phone to my isp, thinking about new routers etc. Today I tested bandwidth with different software running. 

It looks like it might be Steam for me. Steam webhelper doesn't constantly use bandwidth but it makes mine spike all over the place rapidly. So this evening, I reinstalled Steam, which did nothing but then used ASUS game first to limit steam and steam web helper to 1kb download and set to lowest priority with the division set to highest priority.

Hey presto, my bandwidth stayed at a steady 40mb and in a quick 10 minute test in SP. No shooting delay/lag at all. Ran beautifully. 

Obviously I need to test this properly in COOP tomorrow evening and I'll let you know if it works. If anyone else can try this I'd be interested to hear if it works for you.

FYI, I bought the game through steam so it has to be running when I play.

Good luck and may owe Ubisoft an apology if it turns out this works..

Last edited by a moderator:

Double979

I believe I fixed mine by setting the frame rate limit to 60 in the graphics options. 

Before this I had also updated my Logitech gaming software, and deleted the contents in the Division folder found in Documents\MyGames folder. Apparently you should do this anyway if you played the closed beta. After deleting that folder the video option allowed me to change the monitor refresh rate from 60 to 144 to match my monitor, and change from windowed to full screen.

Blazzen67

i have over 20 hours in game so far on PC and have had zero issues. no lag and nothing else that has been described on here.im not playing the game through steam at all, if you are playing the game through steam,   juanii seems to have a good fix, everyone having problem read his fix to see if that helps

skeptajme

I don't really have any issues with the game, no error codes, kicking me out  but now and then a lag here and there with the bad guys!  

Junaii

**Update** The steam web helper fix I mentioned above works. Tonight did a few hours, SP, in 3 man coop group and in DZ. All smooth. If any of you are having these kind of issues with steam running I suggest you give it a go before giving up on the game, it's pretty fun when it works!

spoderman

Having the same problems here in California. Speedtest shows 10ping 100up/15d yet I'm seeing players/mobs run in a spot and then teleport to another spot after 3-5 secs when co-oping. When soloing bullet hits are also taking 3-5 secs to register and I'm dead by then. Never had latency issues with any online game. Resource monitor shows the following:

isUQUpv.png

The first IP on the bottom is usually different but always getting > 120 ms ping. Reinstalling to see if it'll solve the issue...

Xarian

I got the game a few days ago.. it was working fine until this weekend. I started seeing major lag in my xp reward updates first.. then the NPC lag kicked in.. now tonight i got a delta error just before what seemed like a total loss of server availability. the problem.... is intermittent (not constant) i can play for hours fine then it'll kick me around for about 20 mins (NPC freeze/XP lag) then back to smooth... then back again.. I've open the ports.. did far more work than i've ever had to before on the PS4... and yes.. it's just the division.

This isn't a complaint.. I understand the problem, and i also have a theory as to why it's on/off for many of us. A certain exploit was found recently.. that exploit if used by many at once could lead to excess server load (overloading/spaming of the match system) backing us all up on the server end.. It only seems to kick in at peak times.. there's lag that expected from a MMO... then there's laaaaaaag caused by smart cookies not thinking about how servers work and hitting a backend system like a free cookie jar.

Could i be right in my assertion that there's a unforeseen overload of the match system lately? Or some other network problem in the "in-between" and totally out of our control.. reading the replys.. many of us have jumped through the fiery hoops of "fixing" and are still getting rather major spikes to the point of unplayable at times during certain time blocks... then we're not getting them at all for hours at end.

It's a strange problem... and one i've never seen before other than when another mmo i used to frequent was getting attacked heavily.. hence my theory tied into the exploit.. if one player does it.. it's minimal.. if many of us are doing it.. it's crippling and causing far more load than expected.

Food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy

hi am having some issues everyday in the dark zone, enemies do not take damage when i fire. they dissapear and reapear behind me kill me and this makes me loose many dz xp :( :( .  am on ps4. any solution how to fix these game lags please??

am having so much fun with the game specially in the dark zone but there are so many bugs / lags and server issues, please fix these :(

A

Ankush

Same Issue Here. I am from Jammu, J&K, India. Lots of Lags not even able to Play on my PS4. So much Bad Experience with This Game. I am not gone buy any of your Game in future.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
This is a fan site, not associated with ubisoft in away 

Sorry to here abiut your lag. Not sure hiw other Indians find it. Australia is on the other side of the US and Europe, however it's not so bad. Thankfully.

TheKLF99

I bought this game off eBay for £6 to have a go on it as I had a friend who worked on the game and I decided to give it a go, he showed me a demo of it and that looked good but this is just awful, all I can say is I'm glad I got it off eBay and didn't pay full rate for this.

I'm using an Xbox One and all the time the game just lags like mad, so much that it's totally unplayable.  I managed to get to the parking lot level but it's just too confusing.  I've got bad guys that just randomly appear in front of me, then I shoot them and nothing happens, and then a few minutes later either their dead or they've just moved half way across the screen magically, or sometimes I'm pressing the trigger button and nothing is happening.

I can only presume that the game uses the internet in some way to position the bad guys rather than have the movements pre-programmed and I guess that's where the entire problem is - we're on a rural internet connection (top speed 4mbps - although quite often it's 2mbps).  I would have thought though that the single player version would have used pre-programmed enemies rather than using the internet all the time as that makes the game pretty useless to anyone who lives in a rural area.

I did try turning the internet off to see if I could play it single player without updating to the internet but then I just got a message that it can't be played without an internet connection so I guess that proves that it is using the internet for every part of the game even though the "broadband internet" is only in the "xbox live system requirements" and the main bit only says "requires internet" with no guidance as to what type of speed of internet it needs.

I noticed when I bought the game it was some one nearby in Hereford that was selling it, I presume he's in the same boat as quite a lot of this area is rural and has lame internet speeds, just a shame these guys only test it properly in high speed locations.  I used to think it was good when Future Publishing used to test games in Monmouth and gave genuine reviews on how slow internet speed can affect games, all I can do I guess is keep hold of it and see if they improve it - I know this is the third Ubisoft game that I've had now that's been quite poor - Watchdogs and Rocksmith were two others, although they did re-do Rocksmith and now that actually works perfectly, hope they fix this soon.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I bought this game off eBay for £6 to have a go on it as I had a friend who worked on the game and I decided to give it a go, he showed me a demo of it and that looked good but this is just awful, all I can say is I'm glad I got it off eBay and didn't pay full rate for this.

I'm using an Xbox One and all the time the game just lags like mad, so much that it's totally unplayable.  I managed to get to the parking lot level but it's just too confusing.  I've got bad guys that just randomly appear in front of me, then I shoot them and nothing happens, and then a few minutes later either their dead or they've just moved half way across the screen magically, or sometimes I'm pressing the trigger button and nothing is happening.

I can only presume that the game uses the internet in some way to position the bad guys rather than have the movements pre-programmed and I guess that's where the entire problem is - we're on a rural internet connection (top speed 4mbps - although quite often it's 2mbps).  I would have thought though that the single player version would have used pre-programmed enemies rather than using the internet all the time as that makes the game pretty useless to anyone who lives in a rural area.

I did try turning the internet off to see if I could play it single player without updating to the internet but then I just got a message that it can't be played without an internet connection so I guess that proves that it is using the internet for every part of the game even though the "broadband internet" is only in the "xbox live system requirements" and the main bit only says "requires internet" with no guidance as to what type of speed of internet it needs.

I noticed when I bought the game it was some one nearby in Hereford that was selling it, I presume he's in the same boat as quite a lot of this area is rural and has lame internet speeds, just a shame these guys only test it properly in high speed locations.  I used to think it was good when Future Publishing used to test games in Monmouth and gave genuine reviews on how slow internet speed can affect games, all I can do I guess is keep hold of it and see if they improve it - I know this is the third Ubisoft game that I've had now that's been quite poor - Watchdogs and Rocksmith were two others, although they did re-do Rocksmith and now that actually works perfectly, hope they fix this soon.
Unfortunately the game does require a good deal of communication between the server-side and client-side of the game.  While most of the light zone (LZ) can be solo play, the DZ, Last Stand an all the common areas (Terminal, safe houses, Underground center) allow for multiple players to roam about together.  I would suggest that you head to the official Ubi forum for The Division and see if they have a suggestion on how you might improve your game experience, as this is a fan site that doesn't have any official affiliation with the game. 

yvngwill

I am on ps4, downloaded the new update file, and am still plagued by hit detection delay. It’s really annoying when you don’t know exactly when an enemy is dead so you have to waste ammo until they suddenly keel over.... like even if you pop one with a shotgun at point blank it takes like 5 seconds for the npc to realize it’s damage meter is at zero, and it can attack you during the 5 seconds as well, so you have to keep shooting it way more than normal to ensure you take no damage. I played the division 1 and it was way more enjoyable. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements