• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Mic not working in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones_410_

Hello all, so my mic doesn't seem to work while playing the game. I can hear others but they cannot hear me. I've went to the settings while playing to ensure the mic is enabled and when testing the sound both on the PlayStation and in the game settings the mic shows that it's working fine. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks 

ton89nl

Having problems on PS4 too. Have not been able to use my mic yet. Voice settings are on default. Recording a voice message on PS4 works, but ingame mic does not seem to work.

mstevens21

I use a wireless headset but some reason i have to plug it in to the controller for my team to hear me.  Sometimes that doesn't even work.  It works just fine when i play other PS4 games.  Please fix.

ScorpioSpacone

Community Member
now I'm starting to get echos when in in game chat with friend.. and he's hearing me the same way.. same results with two different headsets

x Risky Kill

Community Agent
It's weird because my friends can sometimes hear people in the DZ that I can't hear at all. I'm sure Massive is aware of the issue and will take care of it as soon as they can! It is very bothersome though I must say

XxXAffinityXxX

Mine doesn't work as well. Works everywhere else except the game. I have to make a prive xbox one party to hear anyone. Please fix this.

murr-dog3

Yeah my mic only works if I invite people to party chat through the playstation menu. This is annoying and should be fixed right away.

Peens1970

My friend and I have the exact same headphones and I hear him, but he doesn't hear me. I even see our little reverb icons going when one of us speaks. So frustrating. As I even went and bought a new headset and that too gives me the same issue.

can someone help as this is so frustrating playing online with people and they think I'm ignoring them as they try to converse. Especially when it's needed for a game such as division.

hope there's a fix soon

thanks

P

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Couple of questions:

• What platform are you on?

• Are you in game chat or party chat?

• Do you have the same problem if you're playing other MP games with the same settings?

genedjr

Community Elite
I'll add a question: does it work out of game (like Skype)?

There is an option to turn off VOIP (PC version) under options, audio.  I am not sure about PS4.

...gene

Peens1970

I myself have a ps4

and play in game chat. Although I don't think the party chat worked either. But it's hard to say as my friend and I were trying anything and everything to get my mic to work. Odd Jong though as his headset is identical as mine. 

Im going to try other mp games this evening to see if it's just some settings on my end or if it's a problem with the game. Even though my settings says everything is working fine. 

As to Genes question. I will try skype as well. I did notice the VoIP but wasn't sure what it was / wasn't doing. So left as is. Should I be turning it off?

thanks for the questions to help rectify things. I may take screen shots of what settings I have as someone might find an issues with one of th settings I have selected. 

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements