• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

No voice chat with some people

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLG

When I play with my friends, we have voice chat during the loading screen, but as soon as game starts its goes away. Is it a firewall issue or NAT type, we are NAT Type 2

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Well, there's three NAT types:

• NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
  • NAT Type 2 (Moderate) –Your system is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
  • NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the gaming network and perform downloads/updates, but other functions may not work as intended.
"shouldn't" being the key word in number 2. Most often it functions very well with other players, but sometimes, type twos don't want to play well with each other. I'd recommend doing as I've done for years and placing your gaming console in your routers DMZ. It's not the safest thing to do, but it's never caused me any issues at all. Whether you choose to open ports one by one (safer) or put your console in the DMZ (faster), here's your plan;

1. The first thing you’ll need to do is to find out how to connect to your router, this address is normally something like 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.1.254. Once you type that into your web browser, you may have to put in your administrator login and password and get into the router. This information should be either on the bottom of the router, or in the manual that came with the router.
  2. Enable UPnP function on your router.
There are two ways to do this now:

Either set a static IP address for you console, and assign it to the DMZ (demilitarized zone)

or

make sure some ports are open to the console.

(((((((DO NOT set your entire router to DMZ if you choose to go that way, only the console.))))))

If you choose to open ports:

1. The way you forward ports will vary from router to router, but you should be able to find a guide online for your specific router.
  2. The following ports need to be open in both directions, TCP & UDP:

• 3478-3480
    • 6000-7000
    • 10070-10080
  3. These are all ports that you need to open for Sony’s first party systems (such as voice chat, PSN, remote play etc.) and games, and should, once you reboot your console, allow you to have a pure NAT Type 2, which is what you’re looking for.
  4. Other games will have additional ports that need to be forwarded, but these are based on each game. The developers will probably post details whenever a game is released on their community forums, and each game may require at least some new ports to be opened.
Should opening ports not solve your issues, the DMZ option may be your only choice.

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

PLG

Thanks, I assume that we should do this on my network and my friends network, or wil it work if I do just myne

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Thanks, I assume that we should do this on my network and my friends network, or wil it work if I do just myne
it may fix your issue to only do one or the other, but it may also need to be done to both.

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
Is there a built in voice chat through PSN/XB1 Live? like there is in Mortal Kombat XL. if so i haven't found it yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements