• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What do you think of the New PlayStation 5 coming out?

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
What do you think of the New PlayStation 5 coming out & PS5: 10 Important Unanswered Questions We Still Have from GameRant.com: https://gamerant.com/ps5-important-unanswered-questions/  Plus the Release date November 15th 2020 from YouTube.

PS5-render-PlayStation-console-1169482.jpg

Does it look cool & what do you think of this all digital PlayStation 5? Yes It's all digital !! Would like it to be more or less digital or not? I believe the Release date on this console is coming out November 15th 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Finally!

The new Playstation and new Xbox have taken too long. A lot of games get by on these old spec'ed machines for years now. It's overdue. You can bet that the new xbox will be launched a little after the PS5.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Finally!

The new Playstation and new Xbox have taken too long. A lot of games get by on these old spec'ed machines for years now. It's overdue. You can bet that the new xbox will be launched a little after the PS5.
Well I was looking up the new Xbox Two & release date. I found that the Xbox Two is coming out on the same day  the PS 5 is coming out. As you can see here:

The Xbox Two Release Date will be in November 15, 2020 (Updated Release Date) or sooner. The Xbox One X represents the first iterative console release within a single generation, but it's not a next generation console. .

When Microsoft announced the Xbox One S, everybody was expecting it, but when Phil Spencer took the stage at the end of E3 2016 and announced Xbox One X, we had some serious news on our hands. He promised "the most powerful console ever built." It's nice, but it's not the Xbox 2. Let's talk about when Microsoft will take that next step.

Xbox 2.jpg

Xbox Two is Code-named Scarlett and It's Coming in 2020

At the end of the Microsoft press conference for E3 2018, Phil Spencer dropped the bomb that Microsoft is indeed hard at work on the next Xbox. Another rumor surface shortly thereafter, claiming that the Xbox 2 is code-named Scarlett and is a family of devices.

This rumor, first revealed by Thurrott, also claims that Scarlett will be releasing in 2020, which is right in line with our predictions. While we're still uncertain what "family of devices" means, it could point towards a set of consoles like what we have now with Xbox One, the S, and the X. It could also leverage cloud streaming to offer a mobile element, since we know Microsoft is working on this technology to bring AAA titles to all manner of connected devices.

For more information  go to this link here: http://www.xbox2gamers.com/release-date-countdown

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yes, so they sit on their product until their competitor is ready to release. The problem when there is only two main players.  Though they could become relects depending on game streaming of the likes of Stadia

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Sony Wants To Move PS4 Players To PS5 Faster Than In Previous Generations from GameSpot.com

With PS5, Sony aims for "a scale and a pace that we've never delivered on before."

The PlayStation 4 has been a huge success for Sony, recently becoming the second-best selling console ever--only behind the PlayStation 2. Sony is looking to segue that into success for its next generation. New PlayStation boss Jim Ryan says the company's main goal is to move the community from the current generation to the PlayStation 5 more quickly than it has in the past.

Referencing the success of the PS4, Ryan told GI.biz about leveraging the strong brand to the next gen.

For more information on this subject go to this link:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-wants-to-move-ps4-players-to-ps5-faster-than-/1100-6471259/?ftag=NLS-04-10aaa1d

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Cloud gaming services have been attempted by numerous companies over the past decade or more. Remember OnLive? Yeah, that didn't turn out so well. The same goes for some other services like G-cluster and GameFly. But others have fared a bit better, like Sony's PlayStation Now, and Nvidia continues to work on improving GeForce Now (which has been in open beta for what seems like an eternity, never mind Nvidia's Grid service before it). Now Google Stadia is set enter the fray when it launches next month. Are people really looking for cloud game streaming options, and is there that much money to be made?

As to the former, the jury is still out, but the first truly successful cloud game streaming service stands to make a ton of money. People have likened it to Netflix for games, and if you look at the Netflix numbers—still over 150 million households paying $10 a month—you get an idea why this is such an attractive market. Besides, companies like Google, Amazon, and Microsoft already have massive datacenters, many of which likely aren't being fully utilized, so there's untapped potential just waiting in the clouds. Azure ("Intelligent Cloud") brought in $9.4 billion for Microsoft last year, one of the company's fastest growing markets.
https://www.pcgamer.com/au/the-first-successful-cloud-gaming-platform-could-make-billions/

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Okay I have ask question on this. What does the Cloud gaming service have to do with the New PS 5 & the New Xbox Two consoles?? Because I'm a little confuse here on what your saying here on this Type of Cloud gaming service & I never heard of the Cloud gaming services & It's new to me.Can explain more on this service and how it would affect any new gaming consoles doing the years of 2020 & 2021 if you can,Please?? Thank you.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Okay I have ask question on this. What does the Cloud gaming service have to do with the New PS 5 & the New Xbox Two consoles?? Because I'm a little confuse here on what your saying here on this Type of Cloud gaming service & I never heard of the Cloud gaming services & It's new to me.Can explain more on this service and how it would affect any new gaming consoles doing the years of 2020 & 2021 if you can,Please?? Thank you.
Essentially, it is streaming games.  The video, audio, interaction is streamed from a remote server.

Hardware is less important  (thus cheaper) than it is now. Since it is mostly graphics as most of the work is on the remote server.

Downside is video would be more bandwidth demanding. And gaming would be a subscription service.

I posted this as a follow up on my comments that the time between the new console version means the future console (e.g. ps6 ) would be superceded by streaming. They'd be relects by then.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Essentially, it is streaming games.  The video, audio, interaction is streamed from a remote server.

Hardware is less important  (thus cheaper) than it is now. Since it is mostly graphics as most of the work is on the remote server.

Downside is video would be more bandwidth demanding. And gaming would be a subscription service.

I posted this as a follow up on my comments that the time between the new console version means the future console (e.g. ps6 ) would be superceded by streaming. They'd be relects by then.
Thank you for explaining it further. Now I understand what you're talking about.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
That playstation you posted is only the developer model. It has extra USB slots and extra buttons for dev purposes. I don't think they've released what either of them look like yet and anything posted are only possible concepts. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
That playstation you posted is only the developer model. It has extra USB slots and extra buttons for dev purposes. I don't think they've released what either of them look like yet and anything posted are only possible concepts. 
I only posted what I could find on the internet & this was the best I could come up with. If I could find anything new I'll post that.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Remedy Explains How Control Will Improve on PS5 from GameRant.com

image.png

Remedy Entertainment's Control became a surprise hit when it released earlier this year on current-gen consoles, and now Remedy has begun to discuss what its latest game will be like when the next generation rolls out. Both the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett have better hardware and SSDs, so Remedy explored just what the game would look and run like on the improved PS5 hardware.Amid all this, Remedy still isn't done with Control in its current form, having announced premium DLC expansions for the game a couple of months ago. Devs from Remedy spoke with PlayStation Magazine about how the company is also thinking about the future of the game, and what fans should expect when the PS5 comes out.

For more information on this subject go to : https://gamerant.com/control-ps5-load-times-remedy/

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
PS5 Price and Release Date Rumor Denied by Sony from GameRant.com

by Luis Correa – on Dec 16, 2019 in Gaming News

ps5-price-release-date-rumor.jpg

After Microsoft's reveal of the Xbox Series X at The Game Awards 2019 a few days ago, PlayStation fans are looking for any sign of a potential release date for Sony's next-gen system. Unfortunately, this lead to a Japanese blog spreading false rumors not only about the PS5's release date, but that the next-gen console would have an outrageous price tag.The Japanese blog Gamers Gate falsely claimed that the PS5 would be releasing December 4th, 2020. Even though the blog made that claim just earlier today, the rumor spread so quickly throughout the internet that Sony was forced to step forward and clear the air. Along with the false release date, the rumor claimed that the PS5 would retail for about $600, with a Pro version of the PlayStation 5 being available for a ridiculous $1000. Seeing how far this false information was spreading, Japanese gaming news publication Famitsu decided to contact Sony themselves to set the record straight. After confirming with Sony, Famitsu published an article letting all it's readers know that the rumor about the PS5's release date and price were falsely concocted by Gamers Gate.

For more information go to this Link or Website: https://gamerant.com/ps5-price-release-rumor-denied/

Advertisements