• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Dec 2017 - How are you all doing.

Which set are you gunning for ?.

• Banshee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D3FNC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Predator´s Mark

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Nomad

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Well, no ge3 4 me. So, 0x4. But wouldn't mind trying Banshee. And, Get back into pvp dz (was mainly pve dz or "rabbit mode" as I think of it lol. "Run rabbit run rabbit run run run"). My tz, in 1.8 people were more gunho. Just can't catch the rabbit lol. 

Sentry is good in a group, but I'm not really a sniper. Not bad with a svd. I like my cover, so patiently waiting for a headshot not so good... Haven't tried The Heel with it; maybe when I'm back.

FM , only got 5 lol. But going in a pve grp as a grenadier is a copious amount of fun. Esp Legendary Napalm. Catch and throw, repeat ad infinum.

I stopped playing Pred so would have luv to get it, but... cookies.. crumble.. grumble...

Heard about Lex lift bug b4. Not new but rare. They had something similar on Legendary Napalm which was incredibly frustrating until fix

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Well, no ge3 4 me. So, 0x4. But wouldn't mind trying Banshee. And, Get back into pvp dz (was mainly pve dz or "rabbit mode" as I think of it lol. "Run rabbit run rabbit run run run"). My tz, in 1.8 people were more gunho. Just can't catch the rabbit lol. 

Sentry is good in a group, but I'm not really a sniper. Not bad with a svd. I like my cover, so patiently waiting for a headshot not so good... Haven't tried The Heel with it; maybe when I'm back.

FM , only got 5 lol. But going in a pve grp as a grenadier is a copious amount of fun. Esp Legendary Napalm. Catch and throw, repeat ad infinum.

I stopped playing Pred so would have luv to get it, but... cookies.. crumble.. grumble...

Heard about Lex lift bug b4. Not new but rare. They had something similar on Legendary Napalm which was incredibly frustrating until fix
Sentry is a solid set, m700 carbon and an mdr...all rolled firearms . Even better with a healer in the group.

banshee is great , just have to go player hunting...great rewards when  clearing manhunt.

I was in a four man predator team earlier and we cleared six manhunts. It’s a very popular build, it’s all about the crit hit chance and damage. My house is at 54% Chc and 130 Chc. Also have an mp7 with 58% Chc , haven’t tried it in the dz yet as just rolled earlier .. 

im seeing a few d3 builds in the dz. 

got to admit I prefer the dz these days, landmarks, bosses, supply drops, contamination events , going rogue, killing rogues and manhunts...plus div tech to boot. Far more exciting ....

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
As @Jaypeg mentions, the MDR is killer with Sentries.  I tend not to need anything else although I will have a SVD or the Historian for distance and fun.

So totaled out with 4x5 piece.  Ran a couple of Carrier Resistance and got a Final Measure and a D3-FNC piece neither of which I needed.   Back to the grind...

Still have to clear Lvl 20 on Carrier (have done the two others) to get that commendation.  Seems a bit more tricky for some reason.

Oh and overlapping health stations are a pain.  I dropped my Reclaimer one which heals during the contamination event and someone else dropped a weaker one and I started loosing health even though I was in the field of mine as well.  To my mind it should take the strongest not the weakest or last dropped or random.....

Quite a few new players.  Missing the special Resistance caches.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Apparently they won't be doing any rebalancing (or as we call it, nerfing) of gear sets until all Classified are in play. So, not until after GE4. 

GE4 s/b around the end of Jan.

RimBlock

Makes sense to have all the actors in play before tuning them.

Now if I can only get that 6th piece Reclaimer....

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Apparently they won't be doing any rebalancing (or as we call it, nerfing) of gear sets until all Classified are in play. So, not until after GE4. 

GE4 s/b around the end of Jan.
I don’t think there needs to be a rebalance, after playing with the different sets in the dz I think they all have their merits...well maybe the shield needs a look as it’s been nerfed because of d3

Predator can easily be countered , Striker is just as much a threat maybe more so with the health return, nomad can be stacked stamina or firearms.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
If they hit that then, Fantastic Baby . This game lands in a meta too much  Not build diversity. 

Of course , I didn't have The House. So YMMV. If The House had dropped.. . Git gut!

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
If they hit that then, Fantastic Baby . This game lands in a meta too much  Not build diversity. 

Of course , I didn't have The House. So YMMV. If The House had dropped.. . Git gut!
There’s so much Hype about predator, don’t get me wrong the bleeed is op but when it can be countered with an immunizer it takes the edge off...I would say nomad is the pain in the butt, that gear set has nine lives. I’m thinking of going back to my hexo build, the house with skull gloves, touch of stamina and a splash of electronics should make it a good contender.

noBdSafRumThzStzThtWeDnTK

Community Member
So the Global Event is upon us again.

4 sets are up for grabs.

• How are you doing ?.
  • What is your easiest and hardest commendations ?.
  • Which missions do you cycle run to maximise your tokens ?.
  • What are you hoping for ?.
Personally, I did all the missions apart from Stolen Signal (really don't like that one) and then looped Lexington a few times.

I tried the Security Wing skills commendation but then after doing it realised the whole team needs to be SW only skills.  Good luck with random Matchmaking....

I also tried the commendation where you don't kill anyone.  That was pretty hard, especially with a weak group and lots of lag.  Didn't manage that one.

I am not really in for any of the sets this time so may just save the tokens for the next GE, hopefully with tacticians.

Seems to be quite a few new players doing a lot fo run and gun but going down quite a bit.
Pardon if this is a stupid question, but I'm still doing my due googlance to demystify the gaming culture and cryptology. (Whatever with that.) What exactly is GE focused on and how can you be best prepped for the upcoming ones? I tend to find out late with no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'm sure other players go through this.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Pardon if this is a stupid question, but I'm still doing my due googlance to demystify the gaming culture and cryptology. (Whatever with that.) What exactly is GE focused on and how can you be best prepped for the upcoming ones? I tend to find out late with no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'm sure other players go through this.
They said the next GE will be the end of Jan. And since GEs have all started on a Tuesday, it means either 23rd or the 30th. 

The GE runs for a week. Missions, bosses etc. all earn GE credits to varying degrees. So, there's no real preparing for the GE, you just go at it like hammer and tongs to earn as many GE credits to buy as many GE caches as possible.

Having said that, the weekly HVTs usually earn decent GE credits for time spent. So, saving Intel prior can be handy.

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Can only echo that on Intel collecting prior to the GE.  Save doing them until the GE starts as they can give a quick boost to get you going.  The HVTs are individual to each of your agents (so you can get 4 sets of credits fast if you have 4 lvl30 agents) but the Intel credits are shared  (IIRC) so can go down fast.  Weeklies I do but not sure if the dailies are worth it over other activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements