• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Geforce GTX 1080

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
It looks pretty incredible; said to be around equivalent to SLI 980s. Price is going to be around $599 from what I've heard but again this is just rumoured.

Blazzen67

It looks pretty incredible; said to be around equivalent to SLI 980s. Price is going to be around $599 from what I've heard but again this is just rumoured.
If its $599, i would kinda be shocked...isnt that cheaper than when the 980 was released? thought that was over $700 at that time, i could be mistaken.

Tran51ucent

Community Veteran
If its $599, i would kinda be shocked...isnt that cheaper than when the 980 was released? thought that was over $700 at that time, i could be mistaken.
Yeah it seemed cheap to me too but as for the price of the 980, it was around £400 here if I remember rightly so yeah about $700 would be accurate.

I can't see the card being $599 personally but as I said that's just a rumour, albeit from LinusTechTips which I find accurate enough to quote.

Here's a link to the video:

Blazzen67

wow, makes the titian X obsolete out of the gate and its $599? damn...yeah..if this price turns out to be true, i think i will have to get it. it looks very impressive. thanks for posting the video

Last edited by a moderator:

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
It's taken the title of most powerful GPU in the world now if I'm not mistaken. Pricing is 599$ MAP. So EVGA,ASUS,MSI,etc. Which, when you look for a card, I most defiantly recommend EVGA. Past two cards have been from them, no problems with them, look great, pretty good for overclocking even on active cooling, and the ACX 2.0 fans are some pretty kickass fans.

However, they also have that "Founders Edition" card. It's exactly the same as the reference card. Actually, it IS the reference card. But Nvidia wants to keep the reference card relevant in the market now. So that card is priced at 699%. It makes no sense to buy it. Except you are making a very small form factor pc because of the blower design. So ITX and smaller. You could also put it in a M-ATX pc if you wanted I suppose.

The reason why it costs more, is so that they don't piss off they're partners by competing against them in the market.

Can't wait to see more benchmarks for this card come out soon.

~HawKShoT

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisements