• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The POINT of control points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyadventure

Community Agent
So, the point is to GIVE them loot, so we can find loot easier.. self defeating..  Why not NOT give them anything and then you won't care about finding more?  In doing all the control points to open the storage rooms, I usually find quite a lot of loot along the way.   Also.... In the last couple games I have played, the control points seem to be "staying" longer than before? Is that a thing now or is it just my wishful thinking?
It's mainly to help you farm supplies. For instance, if you need electronics for recalibration you will want to take CP's in the Hyena territory and you will find much more if you have their CP's.  When you open your resources tab it tells you where to find each resource in greater supplies and taking the CP's in that area increases that chance. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
So, the point is to GIVE them loot, so we can find loot easier.. self defeating..  Why not NOT give them anything and then you won't care about finding more?  In doing all the control points to open the storage rooms, I usually find quite a lot of loot along the way.   Also.... In the last couple games I have played, the control points seem to be "staying" longer than before? Is that a thing now or is it just my wishful thinking?
All I know that Control Points or Point Control were used in the Military as Outposts to keep on eye on enemies movements & to restock on fuel,ammo,food, & a place to rest for awhile. Here's one definition of a Control Point or Point Control:

FM 19-25 Chptr 4 Point Control - GlobalSecurity.org

Point Control or Control Point :

A. Traffic control point (TCP) is a designated spot on the ground or road network--in a static garrison type environment--where Military Police control the traffic flow.

The three goals in point control of traffic are orderly movement of traffic in accordance with traffic control plans, no unnecessary traffic delays and minimum essential control methods. These goals should be accomplished with maximum use of traffic control devices, relieving MPs of this duty when possible.

When

Traffic control points should be used in the following situations:

Road network is inadequate to accommodate traffic.

Serious delays or congestion occur or are anticipated.

Traffic studies indicate a particular need for control.

Security of designated persons requires special control.

Interruptions of traffic flow are reported to Military Police.

A location becomes unsafe.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/19-25/CH4.htm

List of military strategies and concepts - Wikipedia

Disneyadventure

Community Agent
The point of control points is to open up the loot. 

Each control point has an area of effect, once you take it and donate 50 of each resource, you don't need to give 100, more world loot becomes available and easier to find in that area. Including more resources, outfits, weapons....all of that. 

So if you are farming titanium you will want to take a control point, donate the 50 resources, and you will find a lot more, go to the next one and do the same and hopefully after you are done the first one is taken back over and resets so you can do it again. 

If you are doing a lot of recalibration you will need lots of supplies and this is how you get them easier. So no, you don't want the CP to stay green, you want them to flip back as quickly as possible so you can farm materials. 

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
I use CPs to fast-travel around the map. It's very irritating if I have to retake them in order to make my travelling more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements