• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Will there be more free stuff in The Division 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
In The Division 2 I'm been farming for free items like clothes,weapon paints,gear paints,weapons, & gear. After a certain level the free clothing has stop. I'm unable find anymore clothing. I even tried a new character and started a new game......but unable to find anymore clothing like hats,pants,boots,shoes,glasses,scarfs, and ect. But  I  can find plenty of gear,weapons,some paints,grenades,water,food,junk, & trinkets. But no more clothing. I search and find boxes ,weapon cases,suitcases,go bags, containers, & civilian backpacks and open everyone   of them. I only find gear,weapons,some paints,grenades,water,food,junk, & trinkets which isn't bad....so far no more clothing. I been  almost through the whole  DC map even went inside the Dark Zone and still nothing. In future in  the new DLCs add-ons  I hope there will be more free clothing. Because I like change the look of my character and not always using the same look. I know  I can buy  new clothes like uniforms other clothing. But Ubisoft charges a lot for uniforms. Which I can't always buy. If they were cheaper I would buy them. But free sounds a lot better.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
How about your Apparel Caches? Are you still getting new stuff from that?  

I imagine there will be more stuff, just maybe not from street loot

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Playing over the weekend there was a distinct increase in clothing items I was finding in random loot.

The loot is random and resets so what you find in a backpack tonight will be different from what you found in the same backpack tomorrow.

As you pass level 30 you start to earn proficiency caches.  These reward currency you can use to create a clothing cache key which will reward one clothing item.  You need 100 key parts for a blue and 250 for a purple cache.  I tend to get around 20 per proficiency cache.

So the three ways are;

• Open lots of loot containers over and over and over again (grind)
  • Play the game and get proficiency caches over and over and over again (grind)
  • Pay money and buy them
I do agree that the item costs if you buy are pretty expensive.  1 or 2 $$ for an items would be fine, 5 --> 10 $$ for a set would be good.  I just console myself that at least it is not using the Warframe pricing model where Warframes can be 100++ $$$. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Honestly not sure, how "regularly" an item of loot drops from anything is often EXCEPTIONALLY individual. In the game the mechanics will have a % of a chance for a certain item to drop from a certain type of container. 

I've had vanity items drop from anything from Field Proficency caches through to childrens backpacks. The level of and frequency of it doesn't seem to have much of a trend, which binds itself completely to "a random % based on a random loot table". 

All the way from level 1 - (now) tier 2 I'm getting what I would imagine would be about a fairly low % drop rate based time spent in game. Which is fine. This encourages you to explore and open all the things! lol

I would imagine this is frustrating for someone souly focused on collecting vantiy items. That said there are, so far, at least two mission scenarios where you get vanity items, plus achievements that grant similar. One mission giving a full clothing set. As the vanity items are the one line in the game where Ubisoft can cream additional funds from selling loot boxes, I don't begrudge them making the open world drop rate low. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Honestly not sure, how "regularly" an item of loot drops from anything is often EXCEPTIONALLY individual. In the game the mechanics will have a % of a chance for a certain item to drop from a certain type of container. 

I've had vanity items drop from anything from Field Proficiency caches through to children's backpacks. The level of and frequency of it doesn't seem to have much of a trend, which binds itself completely to "a random % based on a random loot table". 

All the way from level 1 - (now) tier 2 I'm getting what I would imagine would be about a fairly low % drop rate based time spent in game. Which is fine. This encourages you to explore and open all the things! lol

I would imagine this is frustrating for someone souly focused on collecting vanity items. That said there are, so far, at least two mission scenarios where you get vanity items, plus achievements that grant similar. One mission giving a full clothing set. As the vanity items are the one line in the game where Ubisoft can cream additional funds from selling loot boxes, I don't begrudge them making the open world drop rate low. 
I play The Division 2 every day from 4 hours to 8 hours a day and days ago I reach level 30. I open everything highlighted in the game from boxes to civilian backpacks.  So far I only find children's clothes like shoes,socks,& jackets along with many trinkets.Which I sell to the vendors. But no vanity items or clothing. But out of the Field Proficiency caches I get very little clothing or no clothing some weapons paints,emotes,or maybe one vanity item. But that's about it & nothing else.

quinch1199

I play The Division 2 every day from 4 hours to 8 hours a day and days ago I reach level 30. I open everything highlighted in the game from boxes to civilian backpacks.  So far I only find children's clothes like shoes,socks,& jackets along with many trinkets.Which I sell to the vendors. But no vanity items or clothing. But out of the Field Proficiency caches I get very little clothing or no clothing some weapons paints,emotes,or maybe one vanity item. But that's about it & nothing else.
That's very odd indeed. As I said, I don't feel I've had an issue with the drop rate. By level 30 you should at least have the WW2 set from a side mission.

Posted on the forums is a guide to where to pick up weapon/clothing paint as well. 

Don't sell that many "trinkets", you can donate them to wandering friendly milita members sometimes...not sure what it does apart from giving you XP but it makes me feel good to hand a lighter over to a guy. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
That's very odd indeed. As I said, I don't feel I've had an issue with the drop rate. By level 30 you should at least have the WW2 set from a side mission.

Posted on the forums is a guide to where to pick up weapon/clothing paint as well. 

Don't sell that many "trinkets", you can donate them to wandering friendly milita members sometimes...not sure what it does apart from giving you XP but it makes me feel good to hand a lighter over to a guy. 
Yeah I do hand over some of the trinkets to  friendlies and sell the rest. But I wish I could find more goodies like uniforms and stuff. I kind of get sick of trinkets & junk......but at lease I find some real good gear,weapons, skill mods,& paint. I also wish I could find more paint/skins for all my gear. I like camo paint or black paint for my gear.  I wish Ubisoft would stop being greedy and put more of that kind of paint into the game. Ubisoft stop being cheap and share more. Thanks.

genedjr

Community Elite
uhh - how do you donate to individuals?  I have never been able to interact with anyone outside of a control point officer.

...gene

quinch1199

uhh - how do you donate to individuals?  I have never been able to interact with anyone outside of a control point officer.

...gene
You know how when you walk past the patrols etc a noise plays and it highlights bits on them? Sometimes they'll stop and let you talk to them...to be honest I don't know what triggers this, and in my rapid move to level 30 it only occured a few times...BUT that's likely down to me rushing more than normal. 

Try it. Anytime you help a patrol out that's being attacked or guard a supply convoy see if they'll talk to you at the end. 

In edition trinkets are used for Daily Projects as you progress as well. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
You know how when you walk past the patrols etc a noise plays and it highlights bits on them? Sometimes they'll stop and let you talk to them...to be honest I don't know what triggers this, and in my rapid move to level 30 it only occurred a few times...BUT that's likely down to me rushing more than normal. 

Try it. Anytime you help a patrol out that's being attacked or guard a supply convoy see if they'll talk to you at the end. 

In edition trinkets are used for Daily Projects as you progress as well. 
Well on my Xbox One a (X ) shows up next  to them and they'll ask for a tape measure or rope push the (X) button to donate. The rest I sell to the vendors for cash credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements