• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Worst perk EVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
So I'm thinking Ubi probably patched this chest piece recently because all of a sudden everyone is noticing I'm going down REALLY QUICK! But "wreckless" perk is as useless as an ashtray  on a motorcycle. 13% damage is good...if you are taking enemies out 1 at a time. But 10% increase in damage taken from multiple hostiles is insane! I went down playing hard mode!! Got hit by a sniper and cleaner at the same time...instant death. Doesn't matter if you are behind cover either. 

Before the last patch, this was good gear (I know it was bugged good, but still!!) Now this is garbage....and mine has AMAZING major and minor stats....so I'm stuck cowering behind my teammate until I can find division tech to craft a vest just as good. And my luck with division tech is like going to Vegas with gift cards.

With my semi rant over....what's your worthless perks?

Last edited by a moderator:

sno pro23

Community Agent
Equipped this same vest the other night. I had to read and re-read this talent over and over again, I thought I was seeing things. Who in the hell came up with that one?

Blazzen67

i would just go to your base of operations and buy a blueprint for one of those chest pieces till you get enough division tech to get the one you want..that way you can keep re-rolling it to get the stats you like..just a thought :)

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
Depending on your dz rank and current mats I would just deal with it now until the update drops, you may hit another chest piece from challenging daily missions or a random drop in the meantime that would suffice. When the update hits higher level blueprints will be available in the dz vendor stock. And maybe in the tech wing? Let's just hope the update rotates the advanced weapons vendor HE stock, sick of seeing the Cassidy and Pakhan!

TheDarkZone

Community Agent
i would just go to your base of operations and buy a blueprint for one of those chest pieces till you get enough division tech to get the one you want..that way you can keep re-rolling it to get the stats you like..just a thought :)
This would be a good idea except the chest pieces are one of the things not sold in the Base of Operations. You will need DT to craft a new one. Or lots of DT to craft 6 of them to get the one you like  :grin:

Blazzen67

This would be a good idea except the chest pieces are one of the things not sold in the Base of Operations. You will need DT to craft a new one. Or lots of DT to craft 6 of them to get the one you like  :grin:
i thought there was one in the base you could craft? oh well, guess i was wrong :), but could have sworn thats where i got my chest piece

TheDarkZone

Community Agent
i thought there was one in the base you could craft? oh well, guess i was wrong :), but could have sworn thats where i got my chest piece
If there is, I totally missed it. I think the gear items in the base are backpack, mask, and kneepads. You have to get the gloves, holsters, and chest pieces at the DZ06 vendor.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
So I'm thinking Ubi probably patched this chest piece recently because all of a sudden everyone is noticing I'm going down REALLY QUICK! But "wreckless" perk is as useless as an ashtray  on a motorcycle. 13% damage is good...if you are taking enemies out 1 at a time. But 10% increase in damage taken from multiple hostiles is insane! I went down playing hard mode!! Got hit by a sniper and cleaner at the same time...instant death. Doesn't matter if you are behind cover either. 

Before the last patch, this was good gear (I know it was bugged good, but still!!) Now this is garbage....and mine has AMAZING major and minor stats....so I'm stuck cowering behind my teammate until I can find division tech to craft a vest just as good. And my luck with division tech is like going to Vegas with gift cards.

With my semi rant over....what's your worthless perks?
Vegas with gift cards... that made me lol

Anyway yeah I would wait it out till the update, but hopefully you'll find something better along the way.

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
I actually wanted to know what perk everyone thinks is worthless....or just a bad idea.  Lol 

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I actually wanted to know what perk everyone thinks is worthless....or just a bad idea.  Lol 
First off, I like reckless, but only on a chest piece (it can also appear on gloves). Given the remainder of the chest talents available deal with +armor, and many players having capped armor (no, bonuses don't exceed the armor cap, the cap is the cap whether you get there with just armor, or a combination of armor, bonuses, etc), unless you're a healer, reckless is all that's worth it. Here's the possible talents for a chest piece if you're wondering:

• Reckless: You deal x% more damage and receive y% more damage.
  • Robust: You have x% more armor while in cover.
  • Rapid: The cooldown of your healing skills is decreased by x%.
  • Vigorous: All your healing skills have Over Heal enabled.
  • Forceful: Your armor is increased by x% while your Signature Skill is active
If they gave DPS another choice that actually helped out, I'd abandon reckless on my chest in a heartbeat.

That being said, here's my top 8 useless talents.

Kneepads: Accomplished: Rewards from Accolades are tripled.

...because xp matters so much at Lvl 30... though I haven't tried them in the DZ yet.

Kneepads: Prosperous: Headshot kills grant you credits.

...small amount per kill, and what am I  going to do with credits anyway? They already turned down my Scrooge Mcduck vault and subsequent diving compettion ideas...

Weapon: Capable: Using a skill improves the handling of your weapon for x seconds.

...waste of a slot.

Weapon: Determined: Killing a target reduces skill cooldowns by x%.

...coolheaded just flat out kills this.

Weapon: Harmful: Each hit has a x% chance to apply the 'bleed' status effect.

...waste of a slot. Minor tick that could be major damage with a better talent in it's place.

Weapon: Intense: The first bullet of a magazine has a x% chance to apply the 'on fire' status effect.

...low proc chance even at max % available, for one bullet only. Perhaps useful with a FAST reload speed.

Weapon: Provident: The last bullet in your magazine deals x% bonus damage.

...waste of a slot.

Weapon: Proficient: The first bullet shot when out of combat has a x% chance to result in a critical hit.

...another one bullet deal, but this one only works at the very start of the battle, and only x% of the time.

Weapon heavy I know, but most armor talents can be pretty useful in some build or another. There's also an argument to be made that the stat requirements for some talents make them flat-out useless as well, as pushing your build in that direction would negate the advantages of having the talent, but that's a deeper discussion for another day.

...and as long as we're on perks, how about the most underrated:

Weapon: Toxic: Headshots with this weapon have a x% chance to apply the 'blind' status effect.

high rof weps become crowd control monsters.

sno pro23

Community Agent
Thing is, other than that talent it's a good overall vest. I'm not entirely sure where I picked up the blue print for this vest, but I ended up just crafting another one thinking I'd get a different talent, well no dice. After crafting five of the damn things and getting RECKLESS every time I said screw it and went to the DZ-06 vendor and picked up a level 31 stamina blue print vest instead, thankfully I had plenty of division tech on hand. Well that one boosted my armor up to 1047 but dropped my DPS from 170000 to 154000, but the main thing is I got rid of RECKLESS.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements