• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

A funny thing happened on the way to the extraction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Scenario:

Myself and another random team up in the Dark Zone. Our OPEN WORLD levels are 12 & 10 (let that sink in), DZ levels are 10 & 5. Ok, got that. 

So we're happily mopping up mobs, only concentrating on collecting DZ Funds and levelling the DZ. 

A little late I spot a group of three rogues, outnumbered I order us to run for it!!

We both get dropped...they caught us even though we had a head start...odd.... I look at them in more detail and

These guys are GEAR SCORE 160-180!!!??? 

So, the Dark Zone match maker threw level 30 players in with level 10's!?! 

BROKEN MOMENT!

I didn't rage, not raging here (if I'd spotted them soon enough or exited when I'd first planned too, we'd had both escaped fine) ... but ... has this happened to anyone else? To my knowledge its NOT meant to happen at all. 

Glitch worth reporting?

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
If you want to go through the process of reporting something officially to Ubi they tend to require a video clip or image of the issue. If you can get some footage of what happened to you then could be worth reporting 

MrMcGinters

Community Agent
Happy to report your not the only one that has had this although i wasnt a lvl 10

I had it when I was at lvl 28 and got wrecked by something like a 189/190 he cut through me like butter :4_joy:

quinch1199

If you want to go through the process of reporting something officially to Ubi they tend to require a video clip or image of the issue. If you can get some footage of what happened to you then could be worth reporting 
I can do, trying to establish if the community thinks it was a glitch before doing so. I just wanted to confirm that this wasn't "normal" before passing it on to Massive/Ubisoft

quinch1199

defo not normal especially at lvl 10 range :?
Thank you, I'll send what video capture I have to Ubisoft on the normal channels tonight. I'm thinking a server glitch rather than anything more sinister as I had some episodes of other minor glitches during the same session where it was clear the server wasn't matching what was happing in-game correctly (teleporting mobs, going through firing animation but not actually firing, unable to reload etc).

quinch1199

Happy to report your not the only one that has had this although i wasnt a lvl 10

I had it when I was at lvl 28 and got wrecked by something like a 189/190 he cut through me like butter :4_joy:
Yeah, its my information that anything below level 30 is sealed completely from level 30 / Gear Score ranged players. Honestly, doubt the Rogues last night even realised we were only level 10-12's! 

Last edited by a moderator:

supercat

Fashion Recon
Ummm.. I don't know if the stat display was bugged, but when I was at DZ 25-29, I was killed by someone with a GS of 100-something.

He shot me and my friend with pistol. Then proceed to kill us a couple of times without even going rogue.

I'm on PS4. That was post-update 1.1

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
I can do, trying to establish if the community thinks it was a glitch before doing so. I just wanted to confirm that this wasn't "normal" before passing it on to Massive/Ubisoft
Certainly sounds server side issue where one "slipped through the net"

worth reporting though mate, no one at level 10 should have to put up with that!

quinch1199

Certainly sounds server side issue where one "slipped through the net"

worth reporting though mate, no one at level 10 should have to put up with that!
I wasn't bitter, they didn't know they were rolling guys less than half their level. The guy I was with was dumb enough to go in twice before I left (I felt obliged to go in again with him the 2nd time as you do) the group... and like I said, I was defacto lead and had toyed with the idea of bugging out moments before due to an ammuntion shortage but its always that "one last mob" isn't it that burns a good Agent! lol!

He was dashing off to go in again so I felt this was time to just give up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements