• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Adobe Premier Pro (and other Adobe) Why?

genedjr

Community Elite
So why do all the big youtubers use Adobe Premier Pro?  What is the gimmick?  Especially PC and Game reviewers.  I have tried Lightworks (free version only exports in 720p) and now Hitfilm.  I have watched several tutorials for Adobe, but again, I don't get it - alot more steps for some of what I believe are simple effects.  And the price! OMG - again I just don't get it.

I don't see most youtubers using the extra power.  But it seems to be the staple.  What am I missing?

Thoughts?

...gene 

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Back when I did it (yes, I actually did youtube once apon a time), I was on a old 2006 Macbook Pro. I used Camtasia 2. It was alright, best one for then Mac OSX I had. When I did streaming over the past year, I used OBS. It was free, it was easy for me to use, I loved the layout, especially the studio mode, and it worked well. For a short time, I actually used it along with a streaming rig. I cannot remember what plugin I used to have my gaming PC OBS stream to the streaming rig OBS, but if you wanted to know, I probably can find it around. I don't stream anymore though. It was fun, but not something I wanted to do long term.

I have no experience with Premier Pro, just some Photoshop. And I don't watch much YouTube anymore. I'm subscribed to some channels still, but not a big user of the site.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Slight tangent: I've used Camtasia at work for creating a user guide for some software. Never thought about it as something for YouTube broadcasters, but thinking about it, I guess it is 

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Slight tangent: I've used Camtasia at work for creating a user guide for some software. Never thought about it as something for YouTube broadcasters, but thinking about it, I guess it is 
They used to allow you to upload directly to youtube with it also, if I remember correctly. Not sure if that is true now though. It's been a long time.

betterbinary

One thing you should note is 99% of those people didn’t pay for premiere, they likely pirated it since it’s insanely easy to do so. Honestly, you’re right that most of the youtubers who use it only really make use of the basic features that come with a lot of other free software but there’s actually a lot of stuff you can do in premiere that you can’t do in free editing software. The real effort comes from programs like After Effects for any vfx or fancy overlays you see in certain vids. 

genedjr

Community Elite
 they likely pirated it since it’s insanely easy to do so.
While it might be easy to pirate, I doubt the youtubers touting its use are using pirated copies.  The risk of getting your channel banned is just too great.  Now they may be given Premier and support by adobe as advertising, that would make sense - but doubt they stole it.

I am mostly just curious - for me, at this stage (startup) I will be using HitFilm.  I would be using LightWorks - but the free version only supports 720p exports.  At this time HitFilm does everything I want to start with for free.  And addons are relatively cheap.  But time will tell...

...gene

Advertisements