• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Anyone give my tier one a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I haven't been leveling up anything other than my main loadout and they're still on Level 5. Not only that, I also have been using other weapons and I totally don't see the difference.

Probably the difference will show when 'Engaged' against Unidad, but then again I always avoid an open fight because it's really not an option anymore in Tier One.
Totally right about open combat, once in a while you pull it off. I think I'm just upgrading for the sake of it but there is a bit of difference at the same time...having fun with the sasg as well.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I haven't been leveling up anything other than my main loadout and they're still on Level 5. Not only that, I also have been using other weapons and I totally don't see the difference.

Probably the difference will show when 'Engaged' against Unidad, but then again I always avoid an open fight because it's really not an option anymore in Tier One.
My psn Is Jaypeg if you ever want do some coop

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Sorry. Our timezones are completely the opposite. And I prefer going solo. Thanks for offering btw. :)
No worries mate, I play with my mate from the u.s, luckily he works later so works out well time zone wise...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Yes I've been collecting a bit... when playing coop we take out the vechiles guarding the convoy and then emp..

single player is much easier, use spotting, sync shot enemy in convoy, blow everything else up...

then there's the gunship method, blow everything up. 

supercat

Fashion Recon
Just to add... once you have cleared the base. Get in the gunship, hang round the base area and you will see small outposts, fire some rockets, wait for your alert level to rise , more vechiles will appear. Pull back, lose the alert and fly back to the vechiles, I was getting 776pts for one vechile. Be mindful of the Sam site as it respawns so remember where it is and blow it up, rinse and repeat. Hit level 15 quite quickly..
Talking about this, you may also try going to Flor de Oro Alpha. Follow the exit path and you'll find a small base with Gunship. Security is very loose so clear them all, steal the gunship, and start provoking Unidad. 

Nobody will  respawn unless you died. Vehicles will respawn after a short while. Make sure to destroy everything except your Gunship before leaving.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Talking about this, you may also try going to Flor de Oro Alpha. Follow the exit path and you'll find a small base with Gunship. Security is very loose so clear them all, steal the gunship, and start provoking Unidad. 

Nobody will  respawn unless you died. Vehicles will respawn after a short while. Make sure to destroy everything except your Gunship before leaving.
Cool , I will check it out.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Man, it felt like that last tier was forever ? I had a good time playing it more so as coop play. Gunship update did make a difference for me and I would probably still be playing it getting points. 

I did find the points system a bit up and down, soldiers seemed fairly consistent but vechile damage was all over the place for me ...one minute get 200pts and then getting 900pts 30 secs later for exactly the same kill.

As with the missions, 3000pts for blowing up a truck and half that for a mission that was a lot harder.

Rewards could have been a bit better and I think the hti shouldn't  of been an unlock at 40, but that's just me.

Since the update I stopped getting pts for taking out vechiles and helicopters with a sniper or any weapon for that matter. Why this wasn't fixed I don't know...

I no longer earn pts now as I've maxed out so not sure how this will affect my mates score now or if they still get pts for my kills, I doubt it.

Extreme was fun, and changed the way I played..but those one shot kills on me from far away with a sub was a little bit frustrating but that's why it's called extreme I guess...those moments when you were up against it but pulled it off was very satisfying.

I got too used to using the hti and the transition to another sniper was good from a rof point of view but I just got used to its damage. G2 was a solid AR for me as well as the MP7, every now and again I would break out the sasg and had a blast with that too...lvoac was a nice reward at tier 5 but preferred using an SMG overall.

Would I do it again, yep. But I'm turning it off and putting it on regular and giving myself a break, have fun ghosts.

supercat

Fashion Recon
I definitely will turn Tier One off after I'm done with it. The rewards are the reason why I'm still turning it on until now to be frank.

Btw, I'm at Tier 30 now.  Gotta get that damn LVOA-C.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran

I tabbed south from alpha to the main base and found the higher ground, nice view... the gunship and Sam are pretty close but there is also another Sam site, which I found out about once I got some air. Nice spot...fun place to sneak around,

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I definitely will turn Tier One off after I'm done with it. The rewards are the reason why I'm still turning it on until now to be frank.

Btw, I'm at Tier 30 now.  Gotta get that damn LVOA-C.
Then I would just use a gunship and take out supply trucks and vehicles , quickest way to earn pts.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Then I would just use a gunship and take out supply trucks and vehicles , quickest way to earn pts.
The problem is that when I do that, I get bored and eventually make Tier One somekind of a work with deadline to catch. lmao.

I'm Tier 28 now. Seriously though. The difficulty is getting even cheaper. I'm forming some words to drop a feedback at Ubi forums one day about this.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
The problem is that when I do that, I get bored and eventually make Tier One somekind of a work with deadline to catch. lmao.

I'm Tier 28 now. Seriously though. The difficulty is getting even cheaper. I'm forming some words to drop a feedback at Ubi forums one day about this.
I get that and I can do about 30mins of flying before I'm like"meh"...but in that thirty mins I've earnt more then enough pts.

As for the difficulty , once I hit extreme I didn't notice any differencemlevelling down, it was just hard from then on. Frustrating...single player with sync shot took the edge off a bit compared to two player coop. But again I prefer coop, more for the banter and laughs.

supercat

Fashion Recon
That's it. This is total cheap BS.

I'm going to exploit it until I reach Tier 1 and I'll deactivate the mode for good.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
That's it. This is total cheap BS.

I'm going to exploit it until I reach Tier 1 and I'll deactivate the mode for good.
I think if they had a few more weapons to unlock then I wouldn't have pushed so much to get through it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements