• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

BoO left over points? What to do with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Jones

Community Agent
I love The Division, I think it's one of the best games Ubisoft has ever created. But the Achilles Heal and to me, one of the most annoying parts of The Division. Is the amount of points that you are left with after you BoO has reached 100% you are left with points and nothing to do with them. I mean you cannot extend the BoO anymore than it already is. But there is a potential area that they could extend with a DLC or an Expantion... Between the Security Room and The Armoury is a load of boxes at the end of the corridor that could lead either straight on or upstairs even to a completely new level.

I've probably got over 980 points left and we can't do ditto with them. I've actually written a letter, well more of an email to the dev team expressing my idea and they said they haven't anything planed yet for the BoO. The BoO could add another section for the Medical Wing, Technology Wing and Security Wing so that you could use your left over points to update them. Other than that they are just useless and a waste of points.

Anybody else feel the same or am I alone with this one...?

ProphetReborn

Community Agent
Best I can come up with is to wait for an expansion that either increases the base or adds another one with more upgrades. I think if they do added content then it makes sense to establish another, albeit smaller, base to use in a new area. I would like to see them expand the city a little myself, and one of my first thoughts when I saw the map of the city was that they have room to improve and places to go if they want/need them. Maybe go across the bay, fight a group of Amazon women for the actual cure only to find out this was all a dream. That or when you take the cure you wake up and realize you were in the matrix all along. That would be horrible, but nothing surprises me anymore. Not with games anyway. 

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
I love The Division, I think it's one of the best games Ubisoft has ever created. But the Achilles Heal and to me, one of the most annoying parts of The Division. Is the amount of points that you are left with after you BoO has reached 100% you are left with points and nothing to do with them. I mean you cannot extend the BoO anymore than it already is. But there is a potential area that they could extend with a DLC or an Expantion... Between the Security Room and The Armoury is a load of boxes at the end of the corridor that could lead either straight on or upstairs even to a completely new level.

I've probably got over 980 points left and we can't do ditto with them. I've actually written a letter, well more of an email to the dev team expressing my idea and they said they haven't anything planed yet for the BoO. The BoO could add another section for the Medical Wing, Technology Wing and Security Wing so that you could use your left over points to update them. Other than that they are just useless and a waste of points.

Anybody else feel the same or am I alone with this one...?
I've always thought that it was so you could reap the benefits of maxing out the base without having to do everything--like if you had trouble with some of the boss bounties or assault the stronghold missions, you could still get to 1000 each.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I've always thought that it was so you could reap the benefits of maxing out the base without having to do everything--like if you had trouble with some of the boss bounties or assault the stronghold missions, you could still get to 1000 each.
My main ended up with only 20 extra in each wing, I don't remember on my alt.  

It would be nice though to have a second BoO if they open up the city.   They could possible open up new skills/wings with a year 2 expansion or DLC for the game and give us something to use the excess points on.  Possibly use them to add upgrades to the warehouses in PvE, say 1/3 get a health wing with some benefit, 1/3 get a security wing with some benefit, and 1/3 get a security wing with some benefit.  

Agent Jones

Community Agent
Some very good answers thanks... Giving extra points was to make it easier for those who found it hard. You are probably right there. I had a problem with some of the cleaner bosses but now my weapons cut through them like a hot knife throw butter.  :5_smiley:

Another BoO would be a great idea, I've been to NY and its massive. They could have put two BoO in the game that would have been very good indeed. Regardless I still love the game.  :1_grinning:

I would have put another BoO in LMB territory and you'd have to battle your way to take control as you did with the other BoO but being LMB it would have been much harder to take control. I would have loved the challenge to take control of a BoO in LMB territory it would have been great fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
It was clearly designed so players could get the base to 100% without having to do every mission as @nonzer0 sum mentioned but it is a bit irritating especially as you have to unlock everything for the HVT missions to be available.  Dem points just sitting there.... taunting me with what they could be used for.

One of the first things I noticed in The Terminal is that there are a lot of unused areas, some with gates blocking access but there is another 'shop' area like the BP shop but on the other side of the Terminal and plenty of room for extra tables etc.  I think they will not have any issues with paths or room for expandability.  That has been one thing they have integrated pretty well.  I am a little concerned with Clear Sky being like a little bubble on the edge of the playable zone as if they expand the zone upwards they would have to section it off.

I still want an incursion on The USS Intrepid aircraft carrier which is docked just above the top left side playable area in Hells Kitchen.  It would be perfect to add an incursion in (map position and running through the carrier gunning down AI).

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
While they're updating the BoO they can add the salon (discussed in another post on the forum) where players can pay to change some of the options from character creation: sunglasses (y/n), tattoos or scars, hair color and they can put a damn escalator in from the BoO to the Terminal.  If it's going to take 45 min to go from one to the other, the game can do that for us.  Yeah the stairs don't go in a straight line, fix it.  

Oooh, or a fireman's pole and ladder...

Agent Jones

Community Agent
It was clearly designed so players could get the base to 100% without having to do every mission as @nonzer0 sum mentioned but it is a bit irritating especially as you have to unlock everything for the HVT missions to be available.  Dem points just sitting there.... taunting me with what they could be used for.

One of the first things I noticed in The Terminal is that there are a lot of unused areas, some with gates blocking access but there is another 'shop' area like the BP shop but on the other side of the Terminal and plenty of room for extra tables etc.  I think they will not have any issues with paths or room for expandability.  That has been one thing they have integrated pretty well.  I am a little concerned with Clear Sky being like a little bubble on the edge of the playable zone as if they expand the zone upwards they would have to section it off.

I still want an incursion on The USS Intrepid aircraft carrier which is docked just above the top left side playable area in Hells Kitchen.  It would be perfect to add an incursion in (map position and running through the carrier gunning down AI).
I have been in the Underground once. It gave me a bit of a headache because it's so bleeping dark in there I had to turn up the brightness. The music in the nightclub was so loud it distracted my concentration a bit then I died and cried and will have a go again soon.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I have been in the Underground once. It gave me a bit of a headache because it's so bleeping dark in there I had to turn up the brightness. The music in the nightclub was so loud it distracted my concentration a bit then I died and cried and will have a go again soon.
Just get past that bit and you'll be ok... though its still always dark in there. The disco base is just the story intro mission.

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
That first part (which resembles the underground rave scene in Blade) is my favourite part of Underground. The rest is quite dull by comparison. 

Destroy these supplies, hunt Corporal X before he escapes, recover a report, defend a generator. 

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
That first part (which resembles the underground rave scene in Blade) is my favourite part of Underground. The rest is quite dull by comparison. 

Destroy these supplies, hunt Corporal X before he escapes, recover a report, defend a generator. 
JTF: I'll give you the report, but only aft--

Me: Just give me the f*ckin thing.

...actually, what I think about more than left over BoO points, is all that XP I'm acquiring and how it's all absolutely useless.  Woohoo, killed dudes in the Underground for +389 XP, and--oh, wait, that doesn't count towards anything. :(

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Yeah, when I respec' my toons, I recal'd all the XP bonus stuff off of them for this same reason.  Of course, I could have kept the XP buff for DZ and UG kills to raise my level in both.  

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I've only played like 8-10 hrs of UG and I didn't notice.  I figured that the kill XP in DZ counted towards DZ level so why wouldn't they do the same with UG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements