• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Exotic Weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Would have thought they would have kept it consistent but not impossible for it to be different I guess.  Makes a lot of the online guides pretty pointless though if not on PC.

Do you have anything in your materials inventory section under the diamond section ?.  I had three parts from the exotic pistol just from playing the story and a few replay missions.

The ammo boxes drop items randomly so it is not guaranteed that you will get an exotic piece if you open them.  Out of the three to get the pieces, in the Grand Washington hotel it dropped in the second box, both of the other locations I had to open the box twice before I got the piece I needed.  Each meant I had to wait another 24 hours for them to reset before I could open again.  You then get the RFID key at the world bank hidden safe in the Managers office and there is a locked gate in the vault with another Hyena ammo box that also requires a key (I had run out at that point  :51_scream:  but luckily the person I was teamed with had a key) .  That last box gave the blueprint and I could then go and craft.

The exotic rifle with the binary trigger is meant to be a loot drop from bosses, most notably found in Jefferson Trade Center.  I ran it 4 times Challenging last night but no drop so RNG still plays a big part.

One other update.  after getting the Chatterbox there was an upgrade blueprint at the Whitehouse vendor so I guess you can use this to up the items GS as you move to a higher WT.  That is good news rather than having to regrind keys and parts etc for each WT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Well I notice your no longer in level 30. You gone to the point levels. These points make a very big difference in finding and getting exotics weapons & gear. It was like that in The Division 1. As soon as you past level 30 and get into point section. You'll start see a difference & changes in getting or not getting better stuff in the game. That's probably  why you gotten the Chatterbox in the first place. See I'm still in level 30 and haven't reach the point levels yet. That might be the reason I haven't found any blueprints or exotic weapons & gear inside these faction boxes.  Now I'm just guessing at it. It might  or might not be my system which might be causing me not to find the exotics or blueprints in the first place.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
There's also two easy Hyenas caches. 

In a flooded underpass betwen 15th NW and Alex Hamilton pl NW. Stones throw from BOO. 

And the second in a north side of a food node square in the NE of downtown east 

@RimBlock do you have a screen shot of where the blueprints can be seen (you mentioned a Diamond)

RimBlock

@Oh. daesu:  Will get one when home but they are exotic parts not blueprints.  You need both.  Get the parts from the ammo boxes, get the blueprint, craft the weapon, buy the upgrade blueprint, Profit$$$$.

For the Chatterbox you have to get from specific Hyena ammo boxes.  It is not random on which ones drop but specific to location and possibly you have to do them in order.

@Malcolm Kocinski: Not sure you can get the exotics before lvl 30.  Could be they are not available until you do the first Stronghold and move to the Gear Score levels.  That would make sense for why you are not getting the parts.

RimBlock

Ok, it is under the crafting section and they have diamonds on them.  Chatterbox ones get used when crafting but these are for the Exotic pistol I have not go everything for yet.

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-4-1-18-57-20 (Medium).jpg

Chatterbox ammo box locations in the order I got the parts.

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-4-1-18-58-13 (Medium).jpg

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
So that's the Gear Score level . That's probably why I haven't found any exotic parts yet.  But I'll keep looking  for keys & faction boxes and see what happens.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Seems the world tier you're in may have something to do with it, not sure if it affects the drop rate from the boxes, but I was helping a friend progress through the tiers, and in WT 2 or 3 (forget which) the boxes weren't even appearing.  Haven't been farming that hard, but have looted at least a dozen boxes (most of them were the 2 in Grand Washington Hotel) and still haven't gotten any parts, so RNG is a big factor.  I doubt there are any differences with drop rates on different systems.

RimBlock

Screenshot on the first page of this thread has them.

11.5k Dmg, 700 RPM, 60 mag.  Rpm and mag can change due to the guns talents.  Not sure if the DMG is random or fixed.

My post in the Pre-WT5 build thread has the talents listed as well (first three under weapon talents).

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Not really exceptional stats but do the Talents make up for it I wonder?

I'm still waiting for a Lullaby to drop so I can recraft my damn shotgun I apparently paid an extra 30Euros for!! (seeing as Ubisoft backtracked on the early access to the DLC)

Apart from making an effort to collect the exotic's materials I'm still trying to figure out the use of the named gearset materials. I've got LOADS as you get them from deconstructing named gearset items. Yet I'm just not getting blueprints dropping for me 😞

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
IDEA!! 

Right...a few of you are in my clan AND on my Discord. Who's interested in an organised WT-4 blueprint parts run before the DLC hits so we're ready to craft them on the new Gear Score?

We can group up Wednesday, everyone brings info on locations of faction keys AND faction loot boxes (Missions & Open World) and we just join someone's instance and blitz the whole lot. Who's got the most cleared WT4 instance I wonder? Mine's pretty much untouched as i'm just not getting much game time the past week so I haven't cleared the strongholds etc yet and just running about stamping out fires by retaking control points all over! lol

Message me if interested!

RimBlock

Talents make up for it.  Holstered is kill someone and reload in 5s (IIRC) and you get a 20% RPM boost to the weapon you are using for 10s.  Makes the slow firing ACR much better.  Also every hit adds 1% fire rate up to 60%.  Reload resets. Kills refill 20% ammo and buffs.   The buff enables every shot to buff mag capacity by 1 up to 60 max (extra) and killing the enemy consumes the buff and applies it to the current mag.

So every hit adds 1% fire rate and mag capacity up to limits.  Killing applies +20% mag capacity + buff mag capacity from what I can read.

I have been grinding away for the rifle at Jefferson but no luck yet.  The Lullaby is also a random drop from Outcasts from what I read.  Pontiac event center seems to be the quickest run to try and get that (2 bosses).

I have the bottom level Lullaby and rife as well, plus blueprints for them from the vendor but I suspect these are just to upgrade and apply the special skin.  Still need to get the actual weapon to have it past lvl 1.

You Wednesday session will be in the middle of my night so unlikely to be able to join.  Your morning sometime maybe doable.  My WT-4 is fully completed.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Screenshot on the first page of this thread has them.

11.5k Dmg, 700 RPM, 60 mag.  Rpm and mag can change due to the guns talents.  Not sure if the DMG is random or fixed.

My post in the Pre-WT5 build thread has the talents listed as well (first three under weapon talents).
Thank you for giving me the stats on that weapon.

RimBlock

Lullaby.

Sweet Dreams is a Boss drop at Potomac .  I was lucky and got it first run.  It is also the daily challenging mission but not sure if that helped.

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-4-3-22-12-48 (Medium).jpg

RimBlock

I'm still waiting for a Lullaby to drop so I can recraft my damn shotgun I apparently paid an extra 30Euros for!! (seeing as Ubisoft backtracked on the early access to the DLC)

Apart from making an effort to collect the exotic's materials I'm still trying to figure out the use of the named gearset materials. I've got LOADS as you get them from deconstructing named gearset items. Yet I'm just not getting blueprints dropping for me 😞
Be careful applying Lullaby to Sweet Dreams (the boss drop).  I lost 13K damage doing so.  Went from 115k to 102k damage.

The branded gear mats are for crafting the branded gear pieces.  You need 3 for 1 item from what I have seen.  I have 3 blueprints for branded gear pieces.  Still lots more to get.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
So not sure if the guides are misleading or its not working right, but i seem to have gotten parts from boss drops. Never got anything from the boxes and i have 4 pistol parts and 2 smg parts in my inventory. So maybe smg parts drop from hyena bosses then u get the blueprint from a box for the exotic. Would make farming a hell of a lot easier. Farm the specific missions on challenging for the best chances and then loot one box for the blueprint. Not sure if this is how its supposed to work tho, just how i seem to be getting them. Noticed it after I had 2 exotics drop from a boss this morning and it was 2 pistol parts.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
So I guess that is it then, you get the parts from bosses (I'm just guessing that since Chatterbox Blueprint comes from Hyena boxes, the parts for it would drop from Hyena bosses), then after getting all the parts (3 parts for the Chatterbox from what I've read), that's when the blueprint should drop for you from the boxes.  That much was clear from the guides, you won't see the blueprint in the boxes until you have all the components already.  Guess I'm more or less ignoring those boxes until I get the last part.  

Several other exotics are just drops tho.  That's how I got the one that's just like the preorder bonus (Merciless or Ruthless, I forget which is which) from a boss, as well as Sweet Dreams, an exotic SPAS-12 shotgun.  Not certain if they drop only from specific faction bosses, or something else, or if it's just part of the giant loot pool as the high-end gear.  Also not sure how many there are that are just drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements