• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC Input (kbd, mouse) lags or not registering at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

capella6707

I've been trying to play for a few hours now (about 8am to 11am Central Time in the US) and I am experiencing serious input issues. 

Before anyone starts to suggest hardware troubleshooting, I am experiencing the same exact problems on two different PCs - one is a laptop that's been running the game as  smooth as silk on medium graphics settings as of yesterday and the other is a brand new laptop with much better system specs than the other one - and I've tried that down to low graphics settings. I'm not saying it's definitely not a hardware issue, but I wanted to mention that right off the bat.

Input behaviors I'm seeing are 

• Movement keys (WASD) seem to be working fine
  • All of my mouse inputs are either not registering at all, or take time to register.
  • Looking at the world map, I can only get the orange path line to a mission if I first select a mission difficulty. If I just click on the mission, the line doesn't show at all. If I dbl-click on a mission the path line shows briefly, but doesn't stay on the map.
  • Firing a weapon (pressing left mouse button) usually works, but sometimes doesn't fire the weapon at all
  • Using a skill (Q & E buttons) will show the orange deploy area, but again, clicking the left mouse button to deploy the skill doesn't usually work - maybe 50% of the time
I thought it might be a mouse issue mainly, as the above mostly have to do with using the mouse, but as I said I'm experiencing the same issues on two different computers - one that the game has been running fine on and a new one with much better specs. I have the same MODEL mouse for both computers, but a different mouse for each computer.

Also, in searching online, I've seen reference to try changing/disabling some of the 3rd Party Settings - specifically something about LED support. But I can't change ANY of those settings. Some are on, some are off (LED support is off), but I can't toggle any of them. Would that be because I don't have any of those attached/installed on my system?

Any suggestions? Has anyone been experiencing any of this today? (again about 8-11am Central US Time)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Sounds like lag to me. It may be your end or the server end, but each of these issues can be attributed to lag. You're playing at peak times, so the odds are high (like 95%) that this is the case. Do what you can to alleviate it on your end, but ultimately, the server you're connected to and its population count has more impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
I  have most of the problems listed above every day when I'm playing with a high ping. I'm with Comcast/Time Warner, who as all of us with them know, are horrible ISP's and love screwing with our connections. So I'll get up to 3200ms on some days.

I would request you read this forum:

Please send us your DXDiag.txt and tell us when the problem started so we have more information.

Thanks!

~ HawKShoT

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
As they're inputs that are registering but taking visibly long to actually work in the game I agree with the above (in particular that its on multiple computers). Has the router been recently reset (power outage, disconnected from socket etc)?

Also wondering if a firmware update to the router will cause lag as new security delays response times as it scans everything before passing the packets of info on. 

I'm in the UK and recently my router was accidentally reset. Whilst I didn't find much lag, I did start getting all of the Netflix programmes available only in the US! Apparently the router was sending out information saying it was located in the US....unfortunately it reset itself after about a month.

All such oddness is possible! 

inputlag

Ive been playing this game for over a month , and have never experienced issues with input lag. It just started to be a serious problem recently, right after the 1.2 dropped. Ill start to shoot an npc, and it will show the damage 30 seconds later, and then out of nowhere ill be getting shot from npc and die. Im assuming its because the input lag isn't registering them shooting me until later when the game catches up? 

Any thoughts? 

It makes the game unplayable.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Ive been playing this game for over a month , and have never experienced issues with input lag. It just started to be a serious problem recently, right after the 1.2 dropped. Ill start to shoot an npc, and it will show the damage 30 seconds later, and then out of nowhere ill be getting shot from npc and die. Im assuming its because the input lag isn't registering them shooting me until later when the game catches up? 

Any thoughts? 

It makes the game unplayable.
As lag is caused by the speed of information going from your PC to the server and back again an its unlikely the cause for delay in this is due to patching the game. Most likely scenario is another issue has coincidentally occurred directly after the patch. This could be firewall update on your antivirus meaning the games access to the outside is restricted (do you have a Gaming setting on your antivirus, is Steam/Uplay/The Division marked as “trusted”?).

Router issues – again, firewall (is your firmware up to date?), have you done a speed check on your connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements