• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Software Techincal help - OBS

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Since moving to using a full AMD build (Ryzen and RX 580), I can no longer use Shadowplay (obviously). Unfortunately, ReLive is a big pile of rubbish and apart from getting conflicting patch information it refuses to record ANY audio...either from Mic or in-game. Tried pretty much anything i can think of and I've confirmed all inputs are working and the inputs are being picked up fine by the computer. 

So, OBS, obvious alternative! Except, I can't use OBS with The Division. IT WILL CRASH THE GAME EVERY SINGLE TIME. Currently I've found a work around involving, launching OBS, navigating to its folders, DELETING one of the windows folders completetly (part of the 32 & 64bit file extentions), THEN opening and running The Division. It works fine, however I have to repeat the process every time I run OBS as it (rightfully) updates its file extensions each restart.

Does anyone have any info or help? It's working but I'm used to Shadowplay...just ...working! lol, no real issues with Shadowplay ever. I'm a bit p*ssed that because I no longer use an Nvidia card I can't jerryrig Shadowplay to run again *sad*

I could use MSI Afterburner but I don't believe the quality will be suffiicent for YouTube videos that I'd want to post. 

quinch1199

let me know as I will be trying to record game play also.  But I am R5 1600x and GTX 970 atm.  

...gene
Issue is a known one, I'd hoped they'd updated. Might be just my build or something else though, essentially its linked to the alt-tab crash linked to OBS. i've got it running for now but I have to make sure I delete the "%appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config\win-capture" file each start up. 

Sequence is - Open OBS, delete according file, start up Division (remember never to alt-tab at all!!), hit record hot key.

It works fine then, but if I leave the file in the plugin_config files, the game will not start/will lock up and CTD. If I alt-tab at any point with OBS running it will do the same. I can alt-tab happily if OBS isn't running at any point though. 

quinch1199

@genedjr

Well seems potentially the step up to 1440 resolution was too much for my Ryzen 5 & RX 580 as before I upscaled in-game my recorded footage was full 1080p & 60fps, however, I'm still recording via OBS at 1080p, 60fps but the end encoded video on playback is only running at 10-15fps. 

However! I'm not dropping ANY frames in-game?!? 

I'll have to experiment later this week and downscale the game graphics back to 1080p, see if that solves it. 

If not...well, I'm finished with OBS. I just want something to WORK like Shadowplay did for me, it was bombproof and idiot proof! I pressed record, it recorded as I wanted. 

I may have to resort to a paid option like Filmora...though I wasn't a great fan when I tried the trial version a couple of years back. 

quinch1199

Seems Filmora works more than acceptabliy even when playing at 1440p. 

Going to have to fork out for a licence but its worth it!

Advertisements