• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warframe

genedjr

Community Elite
I found out a few days ago my son had been playing warframe back in the day and we have picked it back up.  As a micro-transaction supported game I find the 'offers' to 'purchase' stuff to be pretty cool and not as "pay-to-win" as I have seen in others.  With that one caveat, micro-transaction supported, and "pay-to-win" is there, but not in your face. I really like the game.  And the world is huge!

Anyway, getting burned out on TD again, need a distraction and Warframe is it.

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I hear Warframe is another great, deep game that has lots of grind to it and but a bit of a steep learning curve (I guess Division has a semi-steep learning curve). Have fun with the game, wouldn't want to be burned out when the new game launches. 

genedjr

Community Elite
Yeah, but I see TD2 as a new game with familiar controls/framework.  TD2 will be alot different than TD. 

Now warframe is a completely different animal and yes, its got a steep learning curve.  Luckily for me, my son has several end game toons and the knowledge to make learning a little easier.

Even though I am only 30 or so hours into it, I recommend it.  It's amazing what a small 250 person studio can really do.  And I do plan to spend real money to support them. 

Another fun way to loose hours and hours of sleep  :10_wink:

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yeah, but I see TD2 as a new game with familiar controls/framework.  TD2 will be alot different than TD. 

Now warframe is a completely different animal and yes, its got a steep learning curve.  Luckily for me, my son has several end game toons and the knowledge to make learning a little easier.

Even though I am only 30 or so hours into it, I recommend it.  It's amazing what a small 250 person studio can really do.  And I do plan to spend real money to support them. 

Another fun way to loose hours and hours of sleep  :10_wink:

...gene

Any good tips for Warfrme? Downloaded, so going o give it a try

genedjr

Community Elite
Well, its been a while since I posted here.  On Warframe - 

Make sure to have these links handy:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

The Wiki has just about everything you need to know about the stuff in the game.  It's very detailed and very consistent.  While not perfect, its a great resource.

https://hub.warframestat.us/

This is a one screen view of stuff for what is happening with alerts, invasions, etc...

https://warframe.market/

This is the market.  While my son and I have not had a any issues, this is buyer beware.  Plat in this game is the real money equivalent.  To get Plat, you can sell stuff to other players via the market or you can buy plat with real money.

My son and I play this alot.  It's a huge game.  But we need to catch up on shields, so we will be playing TD1 again for a while.

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
My son and I play this alot.  It's a huge game.  But we need to catch up on shields, so we will be playing TD1 again for a while.

...gene

Thanks.

Yeah, I should try for the latest shields.  I logged in for a quick look, and was surprised the was no updates.

Advertisements