• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Exotic Weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
if you have not yet managed to see the videos out there, here is a quick overview on how to get the Legendary weapons found so far.

Keys and boxes and blueprints and crafting.

So first you need faction keys.  These keys are usually found in tunnels in small wall boxes.  They refresh once every 24 hours.  Going in to someone elses game to cross farm results in getting no extra keys and resetting the 24 hour timer it seems  :14_relaxed: .

Once you have some keys you need to find that factions lock boxes.  Opening these boxes will give part of a blueprint for a legendary item.  Hyenas for example give the p90 chatterbox.  

Once you have all the parts you can craft if you have the materials.

I am currently collecting keys and opening boxes.  Some tunnels give 5+ keys whilst others only have 1 --> 2 lock boxes.  South and South West seem to be the best I have found so far.

Grand Washington Hotel has two Hyena lock boxes to get you started but when I played with a random group last night both were already opened.

Enjoy and show us what you have got / get.

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

So after running around finding Hyena boxes, opening 4 and getting just one blueprint piece I believe you need to open the right lock boxes in the right order.  Puzzles within puzzles within grinding.

The first piece of the chatterbox I got on the roof lock box of the Grand Washington Hotel.  The text hints are where abouts the second box may be (by the World Bank I believe).  The other boxes I opened did not contain another blueprint piece so I may not have found the right one but it is also possible the piece does not 100% drop every time.

Need to do a key run and some box finding again tonight.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
So after running around finding Hyena boxes, opening 4 and getting just one blueprint piece I believe you need to open the right lock boxes in the right order.  Puzzles within puzzles within grinding.

The first piece of the chatterbox I got on the roof lock box of the Grand Washington Hotel.  The text hints are where abouts the second box may be (by the World Bank I believe).  The other boxes I opened did not contain another blueprint piece so I may not have found the right one but it is also possible the piece does not 100% drop every time.

Need to do a key run and some box finding again tonight.
I may or may not always believe what people say on YouTube or even in most posts in forums. Because some of the stuff said doesn't always work  the same way if you have a PC,Xbox one X or S,Xbox one,PS4,& PS4 pro. Because I tried to do the same thing on my Xbox One and  it didn't work  same way or finding the same thing that other PC's &  other consoles may have in getting or finding stuff.  Some of this may or may not work....but other times it may not work at all.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I have found more success in the tunnels south in the Whitehouse precinct.

Though my impression is that rngus rules, and that trying to farm one area just rewards diminishing returns.

RimBlock

The advantage of the key boxes that they are static... err, I think, so they are always in the same place (feel free to correct me on this as it is an assumption based on previous experience with the way Massive has done things in the past). 

Turns out there are three boxes for the Chatterbox and they do not provide 100% drops.  Got another part today but the third box didn't drop.  Then there is a run around the World bank and a hidden safe etc .....  Well at least you have to work for it now rather than having exotics just falling like rain...

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
There are a several guides out there on how to find the Chatterbox, her's just a couple of the more informative ones:

https://www.gamesradar.com/division-2-chatterbox-exotic-smg-how-to-get-guide/

-and-

https://www.polygon.com/division-2-guide/2019/3/27/18277628/chatterbox-submachine-gun-exotic-find-hyena-keys-caches-canister-magazine-modified-mods-blueprint

I haven't started looking for any others, but I'm sure they have guides too.  Seems that each component is in one of the cache's in specific areas, and yes, it just has a chance to drop the component, not guaranteed.  Once you have all 3 components, you need to get the blueprint, which is 100% guaranteed if you have the 3 components already. 

The sewer system just south of the White House has 4 key boxes that I've found, think that may be all in that location, but there are several sewers you can enter around the map, doesn't seem like it matters which area you go to, all the keys have a chance to drop from any box.  Hyena keys seem to be the least common to drop from the boxes, though.  And not 100% certain, but I think you can only loot each key box once a day.  The cache's are definitely only once a day.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Are blueprints applicable to all your characters across your account?

i.e. if I find a part with one of my characters, another part with one of the others etc, would that all count or is it character specific I wonder. 

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Are blueprints applicable to all your characters across your account?

i.e. if I find a part with one of my characters, another part with one of the others etc, would that all count or is it character specific I wonder. 
Don't think any of the guides mentioned that, it's likely all of them are focusing on one character when writing guides, reviews and whatnot, but I'd imagine that it's character specific, meaning you'd have to get it again for each character.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Don't think any of the guides mentioned that, it's likely all of them are focusing on one character when writing guides, reviews and whatnot, but I'd imagine that it's character specific, meaning you'd have to get it again for each character.
Well in The Division 1 the vendors sold blueprints at Base of Operations in subway basement & vendors inside The Dark Zone also sold blueprints. But  you could also get a blueprint from finishing a mission. The same way you do in The Division 2.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Well in The Division 1 the vendors sold blueprints at Base of Operations in subway basement & vendors inside The Dark Zone also sold blueprints. But  you could also get a blueprint from finishing a mission. The same way you do in The Division 2.
Ya, still pretty much the same in Division 2. 

I meant that if you bought, found, or whatever way, you obtained a blueprint on one character, it probably doesn't unlock it for other characters.  Makes sense for the ones you get from missions and projects, gonna have to do them all again anyways if you're starting a new character.  Maybe exotics are different, but again, nobody seems to have tried (or at least written about) getting a blueprint just once and it unlocking for multiple characters (or as Quinch asked, getting the components on different characters and it all counting towards one blueprint).

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Ya, still pretty much the same in Division 2. 

I meant that if you bought, found, or whatever way, you obtained a blueprint on one character, it probably doesn't unlock it for other characters.  Makes sense for the ones you get from missions and projects, gonna have to do them all again anyways if you're starting a new character.  Maybe exotics are different, but again, nobody seems to have tried (or at least written about) getting a blueprint just once and it unlocking for multiple characters (or as Quench asked, getting the components on different characters and it all counting towards one blueprint).
Well last night  I worked really hard finishing a mission and won a vanity key that unlocks a vanity chest in the apparel section. When I open it I got same shirt I just paid for a week ago. Now that's Ubisoft for you. It happen same thing in The Division 1. I gotten the same item more once after finishing a mission  hard or not. Like I said in my last post. I don't like to work so hard for something that might out turn out be crap at the end. I myself prefer not work so hard for something that might turn out either be the same or crap.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
The advantage of the key boxes that they are static... err, I think, so they are always in the same place (feel free to correct me on this as it is an assumption based on previous experience with the way Massive has done things in the past). 

Turns out there are three boxes for the Chatterbox and they do not provide 100% drops.  Got another part today but the third box didn't drop.  Then there is a run around the World bank and a hidden safe etc .....  Well at least you have to work for it now rather than having exotics just falling like rain...
Yes, they're static. And I think if you had completed the mission and hadn't opened the box, it's possible to go back and open them. Assuming you have access to the mission area. Though in end game, the missions may reset, idk. So you might have to do a redo, or atleast fight your way there

RimBlock

Yep seems so.  

The best I have found for keys is by the Lincoln Memorial.

Just got the chatterbox blueprint with 5 minutes to spare before server shutdown :).

Anyone know if I craft it now I can recraft at WT-5 or have to collect the 3 pieces again ?.  If I have to collect again I think I will wait.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Yep seems so.  

The best I have found for keys is by the Lincoln Memorial.

Just got the chatterbox blueprint with 5 minutes to spare before server shutdown :).

Anyone know if I craft it now I can recraft at WT-5 or have to collect the 3 pieces again ?.  If I have to collect again I think I will wait.
I'd imagine we upgrade our crafting table again for WT5, and anything crafted would be in that tier.  So even if you found the blueprint at WT1, should still upgrade the blueprint when you upgrade the table, fitting whichever tier you are in.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Well I found a dozen or so keys and open many boxes. Haven't found any blueprints yet for any exotic weapons or gear. But did find some useful stuff so far.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Ya, it's random, so it could take a while.

Also, the gamesradar guide i posted above may be partly wrong, don't think it matters which caches you open, any of them may drop the parts  So just try to open all of them every day for the best chances.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Ya, it's random, so it could take a while.

Also, the gamesradar guide i posted above may be partly wrong, don't think it matters which caches you open, any of them may drop the parts  So just try to open all of them every day for the best chances.
I do open up every time  I'm on & find one.I found some of them are hidden. I was climbing  up  on those big storage units and I notice an opening near the fence  and found a hidden cashe and open it. Still no blueprints. Some of these cashes could be hidden on top of a building tucked in a corner. I find some hidden in alleyways.Others hidden down in the sewer in some unseen area.  I open them all and  find a lot good stuff & sometimes trash. So far no blueprints yet. But I'll keep trying.

RimBlock

Need to open the ammo boxes (the small thin ones with the faction logo on).  There are two in the Washington grand hotel (one hidden in a toilet and one on the roof just before you jump over to the final boss area round to the right as you come on to the roof).  Problem is that if you are in a team and someone has already opened it in that session you cannot open again.  Play through solo on normal and you can then open if you have the Hyena keys (for Chatterbox).

You need at least 4 keys but probably more.  Took me 6.

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-31-23-25-7 (Medium).jpg

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Need to open the ammo boxes (the small thin ones with the faction logo on).  There are two in the Washington grand hotel (one hidden in a toilet and one on the roof just before you jump over to the final boss area round to the right as you come on to the roof).  Problem is that if you are in a team and someone has already opened it in that session you cannot open again.  Play through solo on normal and you can then open if you have the Hyena keys (for Chatterbox).

You need at least 4 keys but probably more.  Took me 6.

View attachment 1668
You might get it that way on your PC....but if your are on a different system like Xbox One,X,& S,PS4, & PS4 Pro you might not find the same thing in same boxes that you found it in. I tried the mission over again &  found different stuff in the same 3 boxes that you look through. I didn't find any blueprints or exotics weapons or gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements