• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Any1 knows why the loot isn't random?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeORomani

Hi agents

I haven't found a topic regarding this matter. Why loot isn't random? A really random loot and a PvE DZ is the only thing I now need to enjoy this game

Why if I want Sentry I have to do Falcon lost? Or why in UG is 99% firecrest and blind? HVTs and Lone star??

This way, someone like me, who doesn't want firecrest or blind, doesn't have a reason to do Underground mission

I really think that all sets should have the same % chance of dropping in any activity, so I will enjoy doing all of them, as I know I could have something useful

So, anyone knows if this is made on purpose and why? Did massive explained somewhere?

Best regards

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Yep, it is designed that way so if you need items for specific gear sets you know where you are most likely to get them.  Of course they didn't take in to account that the place you can get them may just be the place you really don't want to goooooo  :51_scream:  ....

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
This was done intentionally so one or more game modes wouldn't get constantly skipped by players.  All game modes have a chance of dropping any gear set, but certain modes (as described above) have higher percentages of dropping certain sets.  If HVT had an even chance of dropping any gear set, people would create 4 characters and farm those, because they're easier than DZ, incursions, and Undergrond.  

As a primarily PvE player, I'm not a fan of the program because DZ (since PS4 doesn't have UG) is the best place to get any gear set and I more often than not get something good only to have it ganked by trolls. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
@supercat had posted a chat while back a  with some dev. (Could not find it).

The dev mentioned what's posted above. Personally , I'm middle of the road. Random might make it too hard to focus on what you need but there should be more range.

Hazman

Community Agent
I know, I'm trying to do a build but just can't get the right loot.  Everything I get is junk.  It gets frustrating trying to level up in this game.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Yep :31_neutral_face: .

On a bright side, it appears the patch coming tonight should open up loot drops to include 1.1 and 1.2 update gear sets in the underground on missions with directives.  Exactly what that means is not yet clear but we should see soon.

Seems the underground is loosing a lot of popularity now which is the feeling I get when trying to matchmake there.  This could help and mean I don't have to grind Falcon lost for my Sentry pieces any more.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Seems the underground is loosing a lot of popularity now which is the feeling I get when trying to matchmake there.
Only issue I've had is when I try to just Matchmake, if I initiate a mission I always manage to pick up some randoms. Sometimes I think its just a delay in the system when there are too many people wanting to matchmake but not initiate their own missions, the system has to not only build a team but randomly select a member from it to be team leader and start a mission. 

That said....OMG I am spanking the Underground tonight like I had a pile of kleenex's next to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements