• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

TU3 Open World - bah humbug

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
OK this post is all about the open world.  I will do more posts about builds and missions but I wanted to get this off my chest....

BAH-HUMBUG - what crap.

4 hours of open world, took controls points from level 1 to 3.  ONE (count it one) piece of GS500.  All my gear is 500+15 with all weapons GS500.  I got more GS500 gear in the open world before the patch.  And hey - were they did not fix the threat level labeling - or I missed that.  I still see 1,2,3.

Weapon recalibration - still a farce.  Nothing adds to the quality of the weapon, nothing.  And I have over 40 weapons and you tell me that nothing I have  eeks out even a +1 on the 1 to 15 scale. BS.

Open world, well everything is way too easy, I burn through threat level 1/2 in minutes.  But threat level 3, doable now, but - not sure how to explain, its kinda cheesy.  Everything red is cannon fodder, purple are like reds were before the patch, golds are hard, but manageable.  Then come the "heavily armored" - OMG total bullet sponge.  In fact twice I went through 2 types of ammo in spite of the claims ammo drops are more plentiful. 

So as I do open world alot, I am NOT HAPPY. 

OK enough of the bad - there is some good.

• NPCs are not as stupid as they were, but they are still stupid.
  • Open World Golds (like the mini-gun guys) - while too easy - show alot more armor breaking off.  So if you can drag them away from the friendly NPCs, you can take your time breaking all the armor before killing them - and frankly this is one of the most fun things to do.
  • Sniper rifles seem to have gotten a boost - I can one shot purples with a perfect shot. (Yep I love sniper rifles)
  • The specialized sniper and grenade launcher seem to be faster - not sure what that means as I only notice it after the patch.
  • Full up specialized sniper seems to one-shot kill just about everything with a really good head shot. More research needed.
  • Pistols are the BOMB!  Drop and NPC to 10% whip out the pistol and finish him off.  The conserves ammo (a lot of ammo).
The above good is me reaching for the good - for me, and my game play - BAH-HUMBUG

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
OK this post is all about the open world.  I will do more posts about builds and missions but I wanted to get this off my chest....

BAH-HUMBUG - what crap.

4 hours of open world, took controls points from level 1 to 3.  ONE (count it one) piece of GS500.  All my gear is 500+15 with all weapons GS500.  I got more GS500 gear in the open world before the patch.  And hey - were they did not fix the threat level labeling - or I missed that.  I still see 1,2,3.

Weapon re-calibration - still a farce.  Nothing adds to the quality of the weapon, nothing.  And I have over 40 weapons and you tell me that nothing I have  eeks out even a +1 on the 1 to 15 scale. BS.

Open world, well everything is way too easy, I burn through threat level 1/2 in minutes.  But threat level 3, doable now, but - not sure how to explain, its kinda cheesy.  Everything red is cannon fodder, purple are like reds were before the patch, golds are hard, but manageable.  Then come the "heavily armored" - OMG total bullet sponge.  In fact twice I went through 2 types of ammo in spite of the claims ammo drops are more plentiful. 

So as I do open world a lot, I am NOT HAPPY. 

OK enough of the bad - there is some good.

• NPCs are not as stupid as they were, but they are still stupid.
  • Open World Golds (like the mini-gun guys) - while too easy - show a lot more armor breaking off.  So if you can drag them away from the friendly NPCs, you can take your time breaking all the armor before killing them - and frankly this is one of the most fun things to do.
  • Sniper rifles seem to have gotten a boost - I can one shot purples with a perfect shot. (Yep I love sniper rifles)
  • The specialized sniper and grenade launcher seem to be faster - not sure what that means as I only notice it after the patch.
  • Full up specialized sniper seems to one-shot kill just about everything with a really good head shot. More research needed.
  • Pistols are the BOMB!  Drop and NPC to 10% whip out the pistol and finish him off.  The conserves ammo (a lot of ammo).
The above good is me reaching for the good - for me, and my game play - BAH-HUMBUG

...gene
I'm with you Gene it is a lot of bah humbug. I myself feel I'm not getting much out of it playing The Division 2. Like exotic weapons I been grinding,opening,& farming for keys to faction boxes and only found a few parts to exotic weapons since the 12th of March I believe. I even done Hyena main missions over & over again on set on normal - hard and went over the same Hyena faction boxes.I looked it up on the internet on YouTube and there are as far as I know 11 Hyena boxes in different areas. I did open each and everyone & yes I did find some parts..... but so far no blueprints. Yes I did follow people suggestions from here & Youtube and open the same boxes as before. So far no blueprints.Yes I done the Hyena Bank Main Mission & found that keycard & open that box over & over again and still no blueprints.But there might a problem with that on those same Main Missions. Each week Ubisoft re-sets each Main Mission to Black Tusks missions & that re-set might mess up the Hyena's Main Missions. Maybe there's a certain order each faction box is open to find said blueprints. In that I have no idea??? But in all getting anything good like high end weapons or exotic or not & high end gear isn't worth my time and trouble to find anything good in this game. You can grind,grind,& more grind sometimes you might find out of dozens of grinding 1 or 2 good stuff in this game or not. Another thing is the ammo. When you run out very few NPCs drop any ammo even with each update & change to the game. A lot of bosses named or not most are still Bullet Sponges.In all fairness this game is okay most of time it isn't. I maybe a fan of Tom Clancy's video games......but when it comes to Ubisoft I'm not much of a fan.In all like Gene Bah Humbug !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
So here is an update: 

My son and I did a bit of gear management last night, ran around to test a bit and cleared a open world public execution.  Then we decided to take the bounty offered.

OK, we new it would be a little tough as the target was  a healer.  But OMG, luckily there was a restock very near as I had to restock 3 times and my son 2 times.  This experience was so unenjoyable that we switched to Warframe for the rest of the day.  I mean, come on - its a bounty not a heroic stronghold.

And the reward: one GS500 piece and 4 pieces of junk.

pffftt - not fun, difficulty/reward poorly matched, and in this case, because the boss was a healer and bullet sponge, we had to kill the underlings 3 to 5 times.

For me, while I need to figure out the new re-calibration system, end game play simply sucks.  So for now, I am back to leveling my other toon and playing Warframe.  I will try end game after every 'patch' just to see if the tweaks fixed anything significant.

I do have faith in the Devs, they will fix it (TD had some rough patches), but this change is awful and not worth my time for end game.

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
So here is an update: 

My son and I did a bit of gear management last night, ran around to test a bit and cleared a open world public execution.  Then we decided to take the bounty offered.

OK, we new it would be a little tough as the target was  a healer.  But OMG, luckily there was a restock very near as I had to restock 3 times and my son 2 times.  This experience was so unenjoyable that we switched to Warframe for the rest of the day.  I mean, come on - its a bounty not a heroic stronghold.

pffftt - not fun, difficulty/reward poorly matched, and in this case, because the boss was a healer and bullet sponge, we had to kill the underlings 3 to 5 times.

For me, while I need to figure out the new re-calibration system, end game play simply sucks.  So for now, I am back to leveling my other toon and playing Warframe.  I will try end game after every 'patch' just to see if the tweaks fixed anything significant.

I do have faith in the Devs, they will fix it (TD had some rough patches), but this change is awful and not worth my time for end game.

...gene
I had that same problem with the bounties I got. Most of times I got killed. I found a combat tactic that I use in game. I fall back to an area where the bounty can't get to me. I then set up my turret where they can't destroy it as much. Then throw out my seeker mine to wear him or her down. When their health bar is down low enough I make my move and kill them. I feel the same way as you do if your not getting as much out of it. Why keep playing. So when Rage 2 came out I left The Division 2 and started to play that instead. Rage 2 maybe hard at times even set on easy......but at end it's a little more rewarding finding loot at the end. I know a lot of the loot is money and I like money. The more money I get the better the reward is. Because I can buy what I want from the vendors instead grinding for something I might not like ,want, or to get what I hate at the end. Plus after killing all the bad guys/gals I take their vehicles and keep one & the rests I can turn in for cash. If you can choose what you want for a reward it's a lot better than grinding for something that you might not  want or like. At this point I'm not to sure if I'll go back to The Division 2 or not.  Unless Ubisoft makes better changes to the game. So the rewards are a whole better than getting junk or something you don't want,like, or need.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
I'm with you Gene it is a lot of bah humbug. I myself feel I'm not getting much out of it playing The Division 2. Like exotic weapons I been grinding,opening,& farming for keys to faction boxes and only found a few parts to exotic weapons since the 12th of March I believe. I even done Hyena main missions over & over again on set on normal - hard and went over the same Hyena faction boxes.I looked it up on the internet on YouTube and there are as far as I know 11 Hyena boxes in different areas. I did open each and everyone & yes I did find some parts..... but so far no blueprints. Yes I did follow people suggestions from here & Youtube and open the same boxes as before. So far no blueprints.Yes I done the Hyena Bank Main Mission & found that keycard & open that box over & over again and still no blueprints.But there might a problem with that on those same Main Missions. Each week Ubisoft re-sets each Main Mission to Black Tusks missions & that re-set might mess up the Hyena's Main Missions. Maybe there's a certain order each faction box is open to find said blueprints. In that I have no idea??? But in all getting anything good like high end weapons or exotic or not & high end gear isn't worth my time and trouble to find anything good in this game. You can grind,grind,& more grind sometimes you might find out of dozens of grinding 1 or 2 good stuff in this game or not. Another thing is the ammo. When you run out very few NPCs drop any ammo even with each update & change to the game. A lot of bosses named or not most are still Bullet Sponges.In all fairness this game is okay most of time it isn't. I maybe a fan of Tom Clancy's video games......but when it comes to Ubisoft I'm not much of a fan.In all like Gene Bah Humbug !!!
That blueprint in the bank mission only drops if you have all of the other Chatterbox parts. If you don't have those, you are just wasting keys there.

Here is a really simple video on how to get the Chatterbox. Follow it in order and you will get it. I think one mission I had to do 2-3 times to get the drops The rest I got on the first try.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
So here is an update: 

...gene
Well, there is nothing wrong with putting time into Warframe. I love that game. I used to play a lot. I actually have not touched it much since the update with the hover sleds. 

It was getting to a point where it almost felt like they were putting out too many new warframes and weapons. It was a chore to keep up with it. 

That's a good thing in a looter shooter though.

For anyone that has not given Warframe a try yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. And trust me, spend a good 12-15 hours with it before you decide if you want to keep playing. The first few hours a lot of it won't make sense, but it starts to come together though. And the community is the best gaming community I have ever been a part of. If you need help with something, players will gladly help you out in game or in the forums.

Amazingly, it's free to play too. 

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
2 hours ago, Prvt3Jok3r said:

That blueprint in the bank mission only drops if you have all of the other Chatterbox parts. If you don't have those, you are just wasting keys there.

Here is a really simple video on how to get the Chatterbox. Follow it in order and you will get it. I think one mission I had to do 2-3 times to get the drops The rest I got on the first try.

I'm still having trouble trying to find all parts to the Chatterbox. I looked in all 11 Hyena boxes and only found a few exotic parts. Unless there are more unknown Hyena boxes I haven't looked in. So as soon I find all the parts to the Chatterbox I'll now be able to get a blueprint to the Chatterbox at the Bank Hyena's Main Mission. Thanks

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Okay don't know much about Warframe & I never play it. Is it about Sci-Fi,Action,or first person shooter or all thee above?

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I got tired of playing The Division 2. I got tired of grinding,looking for exotics, & opening boxes & creates and finding most of time nothing but crap or junk. So I quit playing The Division 2 about 4 days ago. Now I'm playing Rage 2 & the loot & rewards are a lot better than The Division 2 grinding and for something that I might not get,find,or even like. Yes a lot the loot in Rage 2 is cash , feltrite,ammo,& parts......but at lease with cash I can save up & buy what I want from the vendors that I would need,like,or want instead of grinding for something I might hate,don't want,or don't need.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
I'm still having trouble trying to find all parts to the Chatterbox. I looked in all 11 Hyena boxes and only found a few exotic parts. Unless there are more unknown Hyena boxes I haven't looked in. So as soon I find all the parts to the Chatterbox I'll now be able to get a blueprint to the Chatterbox at the Bank Hyena's Main Mission. Thanks
Honestly, if you follow the steps in that video you will get the Chatterbox within a couple of days at the longest.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
Okay don't know much about Warframe & I never play it. Is it about Sci-Fi,Action,or first person shooter or all thee above?
It's a 3rd-person looter shooter. Best way I can describe it is to say it is 3rd-person Diablo III except you are a futuristic space ninja. Can't say more about your character without giving away some serious plot points.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
It's a 3rd-person looter shooter. Best way I can describe it is to say it is 3rd-person Diablo III except you are a futuristic space ninja. Can't say more about your character without giving away some serious plot points.
Well thanks......it ain't much to go on. I guess I can look it up online on YouTube.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Honestly, if you follow the steps in that video you will get the Chatterbox within a couple of days at the longest.
Well this all I found so far inside the Hyena boxes & one was a boss drop. 2 are pistol parts & 3 smg parts  as seen here:

5-18-2019_5-21-13_PM-fak10swo.png.jpg

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Here the Hotel where I didn't find any parts at all. Like they said you would. I only find gear,weapons,& mods inside this box in the bathroom & on the roof. I done this Hyena's Main Mission on different levels dozens of times &  found basically same stuff over & over again.  Here's that box from the bathroom in the Hotel:

5-19-2019_6-53-45_PM-Hyena box.jpg

On PC it's in the sink.....but on my Xbox One console it's on the floor next to the sink.As you can see I have at lease 13 keys as seen in picture. Yes they said there are different Hyena boxes in different areas on the map. So far I found 11  different boxes on map where video said they would be. That's where I found  3 different  smg parts so far.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I have followed it  step by step,step by step,& step by step  over & over again in the video on my xbox one & I still haven't found enough parts to get the blueprint at the Hyena's Bank Main Mission & I  know about the keycard in the hidden area in office opening the cage door & Hyena's box inside the vault. Here the picture of all parts I found so far. Two are pistol parts & the other 3 are smg parts:

5-18-2019_5-21-13_PM-fak10swo.png.jpg

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I still run out of ammo but not as much if I have the Liberty Pistol equipped (holstered) as its talent gives free ammo back.

3 reds (if lined up nicely) usually take 1 AR mag and this is pretty much the same as TD1 for me.

I like the post mission stats screen but I would question the figures on there sometimes.

Ignoring snipers, I see averages of 40-50k damage from some players and saw one with 144 million skill damage over the mission.  I didn't even notice anyone else really using skills.  I am guessing seekers with the multiple homers and they have heavy explosive damage buffs.

The heavies in the OW are just too weak.  Challenges tend to now be when there are multiple mobs that spawn on me due to the lack of cover on all sides and weight of fire.

Challenging CPs are like the old Hard levels (when the alert level changes you get a notification of the level inc the difficulty name now.  I haven't tried Heroic yet but then... why would I.

Heroic missions are hard but mainly due to one shotters (war hounds) / Drone spam / fire grenades.  We were up and down like yoyo's in the Tidal Basin boss fight.  Multiple enemies sending drones plus 4 war dogs plus a couple of grenadiers.

Did a bit of exploring and collected some more shade tech I had not bothered with previously.  Was good to find new areas.

Loot is a bit better but still, why purples at all....

My skill build has currently 3.5k skill power but really does not feel that powerful.  The turret only does 6k damage.  My AR does 25k with that skill build.  Surely the turret should be better if you spec that heavily in skill....

With the raid out of reach due to no matchmaking, it is just back to the usual cycling challenging missions which gets pretty boring fast as it did in TD1.  Where is survival  :35_thinking:   :14_relaxed: .

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Well, there is nothing wrong with putting time into Warframe. I love that game. I used to play a lot. I actually have not touched it much since the update with the hover sleds. 

It was getting to a point where it almost felt like they were putting out too many new warframes and weapons. It was a chore to keep up with it. 

That's a good thing in a looter shooter though.

For anyone that has not given Warframe a try yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. And trust me, spend a good 12-15 hours with it before you decide if you want to keep playing. The first few hours a lot of it won't make sense, but it starts to come together though. And the community is the best gaming community I have ever been a part of. If you need help with something, players will gladly help you out in game or in the forums.

Amazingly, it's free to play too. 
Never really got in to it.  The kids both enjoy playing though. 

The fighting and missions can be fun in a Halo sort of mindless blasting way but the grind and number of different parts required for different pieces which then need to be combined to form one item with the build times added in to the mix where just too painful for my liking.  The card aspect was good though.

genedjr

Community Elite
OK,  I realized this evening, I just don't want to play TD2.

I can smash all threat level 3 and below content - but with the reward of a single GS500 (maybe) item, the work (45 min to  hour+) is not worth it.  As noted in other posts, I got more GS500 stuff before the TU3 patch.

I am mostly a solo player - UBI/Massive has - imnsho - forgotten about us.  Or, as noted with the RAID - shunned us.

Alas - I am looking to move on.  As watching the TD2 official forums indicates this is what UBI/Massive wants.

/sigh

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
OK,  I realized this evening, I just don't want to play TD2.

I can smash all threat level 3 and below content - but with the reward of a single GS500 (maybe) item, the work (45 min to  hour+) is not worth it.  As noted in other posts, I got more GS500 stuff before the TU3 patch.

I am mostly a solo player - UBI/Massive has - imnsho - forgotten about us.  Or, as noted with the RAID - shunned us.

Alas - I am looking to move on.  As watching the TD2 official forums indicates this is what UBI/Massive wants.

/sigh

...gene
Gene When I started to play The Division 2 way back in 12th March of 2019. I thought this Division would a whole different than TD1. Well I was wrong it's really not. It might have a new location,new factions,new weapons,new gear,new tactics,settlements added,new exotic weapons,more grinding than ever,& new missions........but the same old Ubisoft up to it's same old dirty tricks with each update. Deception. & tricking each player into believing that they are going get something a whole lot better than TD1. I too was fooled into believing into this load of crap.Now I don't !! I use to play The Division 2 up to 4 to 6 hours a day. Now I don't play no more than 2 hours or less each day. I sometimes I even skip days altogether to play more & more Rage 2 over TD2. I may someday quit altogether.But for now I'll only play if I feel like it. So I feel for you buddy and know the truth behind Ubisoft trickery & deception. We are not going to get all that Ubisoft has promise. Ubisoft is just going  to hype it all up to make it look like we are getting all  in next DLC that was promise & in reality were not. It's just nothing but hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements