• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

TU3 Open World - bah humbug

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
I was lucky enough to play the technical alpha and closed beta.  These were very much what I expected from the game.  Look and feel of TD1 but in a new place with additional mechanics and items.  I was elated that pistols are actually useful.  And to be sure the low level game is alot of fun.  As there was only one end-game mission, it really did not allow for a feel of the end game.

I also played the open beta and on launch day.  That began the march to WT5.  I don't remember the exact number of hours played to get WT5, but it was less than 50.  Fun Stuff!

Now before this last massive overhaul, my two/three man team was able to complete all the content at heroic - but hey, challenge was enough to get blueprints, so that is what we mostly did.

So here we are now, where I just don't want to play TD2.

/sigh

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I was lucky enough to play the technical alpha and closed beta.  These were very much what I expected from the game.  Look and feel of TD1 but in a new place with additional mechanics and items.  I was elated that pistols are actually useful.  And to be sure the low level game is alot of fun.  As there was only one end-game mission, it really did not allow for a feel of the end game.

I also played the open beta and on launch day.  That began the march to WT5.  I don't remember the exact number of hours played to get WT5, but it was less than 50.  Fun Stuff!

Now before this last massive overhaul, my two/three man team was able to complete all the content at heroic - but hey, challenge was enough to get blueprints, so that is what we mostly did.

So here we are now, where I just don't want to play TD2.

/sigh

...gene
I too Gene understand why you don't want to play The Division 2.  With Ubisoft & updates,8 player team members,nerfing the weapons,grinding & finding crap, & not able to find all exotic weapon parts. Ubisoft knock all the fun out of The Division 2 with disappoints after disappoints in the game. At lease I think so. I too want to quit or thought of quitting many times. But I still play.....but not as much as before. Today I cut it down to a half hour of play time. Now I'm playing Rage 2 a whole more than Fallout 76 & The Division 2 combine. Fallout 76 I quit months ago when they change the rules on PvP & PvE. Now Fallout 76 is mostly force PvP & I don't like that!! In Fallout 76 players try to force you to play PvP even if you like it or not. If don't play forced PvP in Fallout 76  the players in Bethesda's forums call you a griever.  Well to me a griever is this: "a person who is feeling grief (as grieving over someone who has died) Synonyms: lamenter, mourner, sorrower Types: bearer, pallbearer. one of the mourners carrying the coffin at a funeral." But they use it differently in video games as being a sore loser or cry baby. Which I find to be very insulting to use a word in that way. That's one of many reasons I quit Fallout 76. But this time it's a very different reason why I would quit The Division 2 as I stated above. It's because TD2 has become nothing but a big disappoint to me in many ways as I stated. I don't  blame players who have already quit TD2 & I won't blame many more if they quit too. Like they did way back in 2016 in The Division 1.

Disneyadventure

Community Agent
I still run out of ammo but not as much if I have the Liberty Pistol equipped (holstered) as its talent gives free ammo back.

3 reds (if lined up nicely) usually take 1 AR mag and this is pretty much the same as TD1 for me.

I like the post mission stats screen but I would question the figures on there sometimes.

Ignoring snipers, I see averages of 40-50k damage from some players and saw one with 144 million skill damage over the mission.  I didn't even notice anyone else really using skills.  I am guessing seekers with the multiple homers and they have heavy explosive damage buffs.

The heavies in the OW are just too weak.  Challenges tend to now be when there are multiple mobs that spawn on me due to the lack of cover on all sides and weight of fire.

Challenging CPs are like the old Hard levels (when the alert level changes you get a notification of the level inc the difficulty name now.  I haven't tried Heroic yet but then... why would I.

Heroic missions are hard but mainly due to one shotters (war hounds) / Drone spam / fire grenades.  We were up and down like yoyo's in the Tidal Basin boss fight.  Multiple enemies sending drones plus 4 war dogs plus a couple of grenadiers.

Did a bit of exploring and collected some more shade tech I had not bothered with previously.  Was good to find new areas.

Loot is a bit better but still, why purples at all....

My skill build has currently 3.5k skill power but really does not feel that powerful.  The turret only does 6k damage.  My AR does 25k with that skill build.  Surely the turret should be better if you spec that heavily in skill....

With the raid out of reach due to no matchmaking, it is just back to the usual cycling challenging missions which gets pretty boring fast as it did in TD1.  Where is survival  :35_thinking:   :14_relaxed: .
I run a skill build and getting that kind of damage is normal. 

Maxing explosive damage and getting down to a 20 second cooldown makes the game fairly easy. Cluster seekers and a turret that is up 100% of the time means you rarely have to even fire a shot. Basically you hide in cover and every kill gives you a 20% cooldown reduction. Anyone who says skill builds are useless obviously doesn't know how to make a build lol. 

3.5 is not enough for a skill build lol, you probably want around 7.5. I can push 11k if I want but your skill level doesn't effect the power of your skills anyways, it only affects the mods you can use. For example, with the oxidizer and 7k in skills I can get a radius that can basically cover an entire room and I get around 11 shots so basically I can just melt an entire area of enemies in seconds. 

So first you need to find gear to get your skill level up then hope you get the mods you want. It takes some work but it's doable. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Thanks for the tips.  Would love to see some screenshots of your skill build if you were willing to share...

My build is not a 'focused' effort, it was made with bits that came my way rather than by chasing particular items with preferred stats and it was a challenge to get to 3.5k TBH.

What damage is the turret doing around the 7k / 11k mark out of interest ?.

Would like to use the hive more but that cooldown is just too long.

Disneyadventure

Community Agent
Thanks for the tips.  Would love to see some screenshots of your skill build if you were willing to share...

My build is not a 'focused' effort, it was made with bits that came my way rather than by chasing particular items with preferred stats and it was a challenge to get to 3.5k TBH.

What damage is the turret doing around the 7k / 11k mark out of interest ?.

Would like to use the hive more but that cooldown is just too long.
I don't use the turret for damage, it's there to keep things occupied while my seekers do the damage. 

So I have focused on duration with it instead of damage. Since I get a 20% cooldown with every kill in cover the turret fires long enough to usually drop things when the seeker get's it low enough on health giving me my cooldown for the seeker again. I also have the talent where every kill gives me a 5% chance to instantly reset my cooldowns so with a standard 24.1 second cooldown on the seeker, and added with those two talents, I basically can fire off about 8 seekers every 10 to 20 seconds or so. They hit for around 300k each for the cluster. 

that's with around 100% explosive damage though. 

I haven't tried a specific turret build yet because getting resources to recalibrate is way too time consuming. I would love to add some DTE to my build but just aren't getting the drops for that yet. 

All that being said though I still can't compete with a pure DPS build in a group although with my build I have noticed we clear missions in about half the time as opposed to  all DPS builds running it. I do the massive AOE damage and the rest of the group finishes everything off. The only real problem with my skill build is taking on a single target boss. 

Here's the build I copied. 

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Thanks.  great info.  Will take a look.

Wow, he has 2k Skill power on one piece and 1.7k or so on another and they are around GS450.  Highest I have found at GS 500 is 774 after 164 hours playing. 

The mods he is using he is crafting for the most part and they are rolling based on his skill power hence the high bonuses but no info on where he got his gear items unfortunately.  Running Heroic missions does not seem to have made much difference for me at least...

Oh well, keep on grinding I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements