• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Dark Zone Stories

AmericanReaper75

Community Member
I usually stay neutral while in the dark zone and play nice. I have come across rogues and other neutral groups who have helped against A.I or those said rogue players.. well last night I may have fucked up a guys DZ night haha... I wanted to go rogue before getting off for the night and well he was the poor soul who received my sticky bomb and airburst seeker mine while my 3 friends stood around... funny part is as I blew the sticky I received a group invite from the guy..*I didnt choose the rogue life, the rogue life chose me* I dont think we will be friends now haha. I know I know it was a dick move, but it was funny. He didnt have any loot and even if he did I wasnt looking for his loot I had a few purples and a yellow in my bag it was all for fun.

AmericanReaper75

Community Member
Only if he had a bad walmart mic with static coming through it and no push to talk.
I have to agree... I have some friends with bad mics that do that shit and it makes me want to shoot them myself... I mean shit earbuds would work better those usually had to hear them but its better then static and bullshit like that lol

I have a great story that happened not to long ago in the dark zone, I was doing my daily farming route from dz01 to dz04 and back solo, when I ran into a squad of three, they past by me and had my back turned so I was like okay, few seconds later I was being shot by all three, what these poor souls didn't know was that I had better guns and gear than all three of them  combined and their guns weren't doing much damage against me, noobs as you may call them, as my health slowly depleted while they shot me, I quickly used survivor link, turned around and all three, and I mean all three ran like little bitches, survivor link increases your speed so I caught up to them and completely wiped the floor of these guys, took their loot, dz cash while doing jumping jacks on top of their bodies until their spawn timer ran out which is like 30 seconds if you die as rouge, It felt really good knowing these guys made the ultimate mistake.

Tinkkz

Community Member
the funniest story i have is when  Me and Onyhx were just going around in the dark zone, killing NPC's looking for loot, it was really dead. No players for a long time. kinda boring. Then this one guy came around and tried to talk to us. His Mic was SO bad, static and feedback from Hell.  Onyhx just turned, killed him, and said "get a better Mic" and we just went on our way. I couldn't stop laughing. it was hilarious. So, when you are in the dark zone and you see a player named Onyhx, you better have a good mic, not be lagging, and have on good gear or he will just kill you, just for spite. He doesn't mess around :laughing:
This sounds exactly like me! HE LOOKED AT ME WRONG GET HIM

Tinkkz

Community Member
I have a great story that happened not to long ago in the dark zone, I was doing my daily farming route from dz01 to dz04 and back solo, when I ran into a squad of three, they past by me and had my back turned so I was like okay, few seconds later I was being shot by all three, what these poor souls didn't know was that I had better guns and gear than all three of them  combined and their guns weren't doing much damage against me, noobs as you may call them, as my health slowly depleted while they shot me, I quickly used survivor link, turned around and all three, and I mean all three ran like little bitches, survivor link increases your speed so I caught up to them and completely wiped the floor of these guys, took their loot, dz cash while doing jumping jacks on top of their bodies until their spawn timer ran out which is like 30 seconds if you die as rouge, It felt really good knowing these guys made the ultimate mistake.
Mmmm sweet satisfaction

Mikedentro

Community Member
The first time i went in the DZ wit my second character was brutal. I killed a boss, got a golden magazine and i went straight for the extraction point. So once i was at the extraction point i saw 2 non-hostiles. I really didn't want to lose my golden magazine so i did what every guy would do... I killed em at 2 seconds before the line drops. I extracted my loot and then i saw one of te guys dropped golden loot also. I picked it up, then the message's started coming. Please give me my loot back, it is the first golden loot i have got.

so i thought to myself... What if i was in his shoes..

i send him a message, were ya at, you will get your gear. 3 message's later we met. I went rogue when i shot him, he killed me, and got his gear. He invited me to the party and he was so happy. So gratefull, that i gave him back his stuff. 

He added me and now we play together sometimes. That is how a community works.

thanks vfor reading!

ADK-Joker

Sensei
@Mikedentro you guys are like Noble Squad 2                                                                                                                                                                     Can't tell you how many times I've stolen HE loot (some nice Stamina +Armor gear mods) from someone who has died from a Boss fight in the DZ. When there's blood in the water, expect a shark or two or four

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinkkz

Community Member
The first time i went in the DZ wit my second character was brutal. I killed a boss, got a golden magazine and i went straight for the extraction point. So once i was at the extraction point i saw 2 non-hostiles. I really didn't want to lose my golden magazine so i did what every guy would do... I killed em at 2 seconds before the line drops. I extracted my loot and then i saw one of te guys dropped golden loot also. I picked it up, then the message's started coming. Please give me my loot back, it is the first golden loot i have got.

so i thought to myself... What if i was in his shoes..

i send him a message, were ya at, you will get your gear. 3 message's later we met. I went rogue when i shot him, he killed me, and got his gear. He invited me to the party and he was so happy. So gratefull, that i gave him back his stuff. 

He added me and now we play together sometimes. That is how a community works.

thanks vfor reading!
Im a sucker for kindness too, I love going rogue but if I got a nice message, I would have done the same thing <3

teamrampage97

One time I was in a DZ checkpoint cuz I wanted take a break and play some clash. When i was finished whooping some kiddies I wasn't paying attention to wear I was going. I wanted to go back to the safe house but I accidentally walked back into the dark zone. Right when I opened the door I was like, wait this is the dark zone, I must have gone out the wrong door, and right as i was thinking that there was a group of rouges waiting right outside the door, and obviously I died because I just wasn't expecting it, and yeah I wasted like 3,000 exp. Kinda sucks really.

Tinkkz

Community Member
One time I was in a DZ checkpoint cuz I wanted take a break and play some clash. When i was finished whooping some kiddies I wasn't paying attention to wear I was going. I wanted to go back to the safe house but I accidentally walked back into the dark zone. Right when I opened the door I was like, wait this is the dark zone, I must have gone out the wrong door, and right as i was thinking that there was a group of rouges waiting right outside the door, and obviously I died because I just wasn't expecting it, and yeah I wasted like 3,000 exp. Kinda sucks really.
I've done that before too! I thought I just left the Dark zone...... LOL

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
A few short ones.

One of our first extractions (just two of us at fairly low level PvE & PvP).  We got some loot and started an extraction by the gas station.  After fighting off all the AI that wanted a piece, the line finally dropped and then, from out of nowhere, can 5 or 6 other players who also dumped stuff at the heli line.  It was like turning over a rock and suddenly all these invisible creatures came out in to the light.  All dropped off their loot and just went on their way.  Felt like a bit of a door man  :smile: .

We were going around one of the subway stations and just killed a boss and looted his stuff when we noticed three players in a pulse and so slowly back tracked out of there leaving them to fight through the remaining AI at their side of the station entrance knowing we had just taken the loot and emptied the chests and melted away in to the darkness.

Having had a team go rogue and killing us on us at an extraction, we were somewhat jumpy when we when to our next extraction.  We fired a flare and another group of three players joined us.  We noted they were not the same group as before and we all went about killing the swarming AI.  Then the other person on my team gave the impression he was dead (he was sitting next to me so I could hear his 'almost dead' heartbeat sounds.  I instantly guessed we had been betrayed again and emptied a full ak clip in to one of the other players head in front of me only to notice as he dropped dead that I was suddenly a rogue.  The other two dropped me and my team mate ran and waited out the rogue timer.  I ended out saying sorry over /chat.  No idea is they saw it though.

Last one.  

Last night we had been doing a bit of farming and extracting at the top of one of the parking lots.  After the last extraction we slid down a rope right in to the convergence of 3 groups of AI (2x cleaners and 1x PMC).  After the initial WTF moment from the 3 AI parties and the 'Aww Nuts !!!' moment, we managed to scamper behind some cover and proceeded to deal with the 13 or so attackers.  Luckily they were only coming from one direction so we managed to prevail before calling it quits for the night and scampering for the DZ exit.

I am sure the stories will only get more 'interesting' as we move in to the lvl 30 bracket soon.....

Vexxsis

Community Member
I was on my 24 farming boxes , ect...going rogue here and there. Had this one guy follow me around for about 25 mins , i would kill npc's and loot ect...going about my way , i would turn around every so often to see if someone is coming up behind me , well this dude was always behind me , i spoke through my mic , asking why are you following me? No response. Well back to farming , so im looting a level 30 box i turn around  and this person is right behind me again. I ask dude why are you following me , no answer...i said F it and draw my weapon and before i even fire a shot this dude pops Security sig and jets down the alley way screaming in a high pitch squeal "MOMMY" ...i was just standing there asking myself WTF just happened.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I will entitle this one.... Kama...

So whilst waiting for my son to be able to login to a server with his character, I went in to the DZ alone.  Feeling brave, having just hit lvl 30 / 28 and being hunted by and unkilllable rogue squad the previous night,  I snuck in to the subway by the DZ01 entrance and after rounding a corner saw a player go down with the chance of being revived.  I paused..... My first though was "how many friends do they have", the second was "Am I gonna help this person and get a bullet to the head for my troubles.".  Just as I decided to help them I saw a big spurt of fire crush the last slowly draining life out of their stricken body and around the corner came the named cleaner boss.

One, two, three headshorts from my marksman rife and the boss goes down.  The other player must have almost killed him just before dying.  I pulsed and saw no one else (ai or player) so ran up and grabbed the gold from the boss. I then ran over to the other players loot and thought for a second before taking it.  I then turned around to run back out of the subway and looked straight in tot he face of the player who had just died and whose cold (well mildly roasted) corpse I had just stripped the loot from.  

Talk about feeling bad.....

I wished I could have given their stuff back to them but as there is no clean option to drop just individual items it was not an option (I had a couple of other golds and really didn't want to loose them).  To my surprise the other player didn't mow me down like the dog I felt like and I ran out of there.  The other player didn't follow.

Then Karma kicks in......

I go straight to extract on the garage roof top and manage to clear the lower AI out by myself.  I climb up to where the heli sign is and get shot by an AI on top of a container.  I get cover and start to shoot it when I get mown down from the side.  There is a heavy gunner that ripped me apart (my experience is DZ lvl 29 where a heavy gunner does not spawn there).  I drop every thing apart from the only green item I had.  All the golds gone.

After respawning I then read the messages that someone else grabbed my loot and so the circle of DZ life continues.

Voyager42

Community Agent
So I am running in DZ 01 having some fun. Helping a few guys cover the extraction point. Having a blast. Nothing serious. I see this guy jump behind a car, pop up and shoot me. I figure its an accident but I go over to investigate. He gets the jump on me and kills me. WTF? So he claps over my body. Oh now I am mad. I go to the checkpoint and the first person I see is this guy. He shoots first. I kill him. Clap. Repeat this 2 more times. 

Voyager42 - 3 / RipperOfFaces - 1

Advertisements