• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Dark Zone Stories

Maximus

Community Agent
I'm done with the DZ.   As long as Massive allow ppl to run around and 1 or 2 shot ppl with the shotgun then it's no point.    I refuse to do the same.   This is an RPG video game, so ppl shouldn't be killing guys with 450K toughNess with 1 shot shotgun. Then you got these stupid kids that thinks it's OK because it's "realistic";  well If that's the case, then explain to me how you ran up on me and took 5,6 shots with my LMG b4 you got your shot off with the shotgun?  Because if it's so realistic my LMG would have ripped off your head.   So until they fixed that garbage, I'm out the DZ.

MrMcGinters

Community Agent
I'm done with the DZ.   As long as Massive allow ppl to run around and 1 or 2 shot ppl with the shotgun then it's no point.    I refuse to do the same.   This is an RPG video game, so ppl shouldn't be killing guys with 450K toughNess with 1 shot shotgun. Then you got these stupid kids that thinks it's OK because it's "realistic";  well If that's the case, then explain to me how you ran up on me and took 5,6 shots with my LMG b4 you got your shot off with the shotgun?  Because if it's so realistic my LMG would have ripped off your head.   So until they fixed that garbage, I'm out the DZ.
And that is why I only DZ with a lvl 14 character my lvl 30 lives in the underground. 

I made the mistake of taking mr 30 into the DZ once an HR later that was the end of the DZ for him. 

I don't mind the shotguns as its similar to the tankticians previous every meta has some form of annoyance. 

I have a larger issue with the NPC's who can 1 shot you and the groups of dicks who bracket drop by offloading gear to other characters they have and troll. 

Cest la vie

Agent Jones

Community Agent
TDZ used to be fun and now it's a chaotic mess and full of cheating PC gamers who couldn't play a game without cheating If they were offered money. I was once a PC gamer, I played CS for over a decade including COD. Not once did I cheat, I played for the experience, points and because gaming is a hobby for me. For the last 20 months I've been a console gamers and I've been playing The Division from day one. The Dark Zone is pointless and it's killing the game from the inside out. Why Ubisoft Massive didn't make TDZ optional of PvP NPCs plus RP. The other option would be Player v NCPs (no Rouge) it would have been much better. All the characters are Level 30 or 31 and there would be an option for players to play against. No it's full of cheating PC gamers who just want to kill you and take all your hard earned gear.

Where's the fun in that...

Destincruises

I always run the DZ with my hubby or friends, so I can't commiserate with the solo player pains. I know I wouldn't be able to successfully solo it, props to those of you who do!    However, I can commiserate with those who dislike the 1 shot shot gunners and the players who come up behind you while you are engaging high level npc's and shoot you in that back.  Only then to clap over your body like they fought a good fight.  I'm not the greatest rogue killer by any means, but if I see them I at least try and make them fight/earn it.

I generally enjoy the DZ, but that's in part that hubby and I have character builds that run well together. The nervousness of waiting for the extraction and sneaking around npc's and other players adds to it.  Some nights its VERY frustrating though, check point campers, back stabbers, etc.  Hoping to see some good changes to it though...the npc sponges are ridiculous and the loot they drop (or don't drop) compared to their level or character makes no sense most of the time. 

I've been a lurker for some time, first time poster.  Hope to share some DZ stories in the future.    

MrMcGinters

Community Agent
Done a bit more dz today but only as my lvl14 character really was a game of 2 halves. 

1st half was in a group of 4 and having a hoot which also translates as others not having a hoot 

2nd half was me solo vs 4 lvl 14 manhunts I died lots but managed to take out one of them on manhunt which was satisfying as you can bet you arse he was ranting and raving. 

Shotguns seem the the rage at lvl14 now as well which is a tad annoying I don't mind the meta as up close shotguns should be beast but when you have 4 locked onto you it's a bad time ??

not really annoyed as I ranked up more than I lost but I did notice one thing that is annoying me I have been looking for a good purple smg for ages now and still haven't found one lvl 41 dz the guys who killed me had mp7's and augs like hello massive hook me up please!!! I'm normally cycling between shotgun AK and the pp19 but it's blue and it does sweet fa damage.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Done a bit more dz today but only as my lvl14 character really was a game of 2 halves. 

1st half was in a group of 4 and having a hoot which also translates as others not having a hoot 

2nd half was me solo vs 4 lvl 14 manhunts I died lots but managed to take out one of them on manhunt which was satisfying as you can bet you arse he was ranting and raving. 

Shotguns seem the the rage at lvl14 now as well which is a tad annoying I don't mind the meta as up close shotguns should be beast but when you have 4 locked onto you it's a bad time ??
Yeah i found lv 14 can be quiet but when you get rogues they be a 4 agent squad. One against four.

Lv 24 is more regular so better. You can group hunt whatever. Also gearing down is also good. The gs231 is fun.

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
I actually returned to the DZ after a few-week hiatus at the request of a friend of mine night before last, and I had some fun, then decided to head in last night as well for the "kill 10 rioters" daily assignment if nothing else.  Managed to fight through some bosses and encountered a lot of ungrouped, non-asshat players along the way that I had some good times with. 

At one point, I almost got involved in a 1-on-2 fight with some strangers who stopped to take a look at me while running down the street, but I think that the fact that I run solo with mainly pistol gave them pause and they went on their way.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I hadn't been into the DZ since before 1.3, so last week I tried to run a solo route in DZ01 to try and collect whatever.  I wasn't really in need of anything in particular and wasn't able to find anyone on my friends list to run with, but I thought I'd give it a go.  

And that was a mistake, I think this exercise in futility lasted about 5 min.  I rolled out the checkpoint door to see a downed player about 15m into the DZ.  Being an nice guy won over so I tried to get to the player and revive them, only to be raped by the rogue that had done the killing.  

I had thought we could take the rogue, but I couldn't revive fast enough and the rogue was too powerful for me to take on by the time I canceled the revive and switched focus to fighting him.  Needless to say, I ended up trying to come in again and got wrecked again by the same douche - glad he got some keys and XP (for his lvl 99), because I never got a chance to pick anything up.  

I tried a third time and went in a different entrance.  I ended up dropping into the subway in DZ01 and tried to take the boss down there, but but by this point I wasn't into it and easily got caught in a corner and was overwhelmed by the NPCs.  After that I quit the DZ and spent an hour or so tinkering with the builds on my toons.  

I knew DZ wasn't the place for a solo player anymore, but I figured with the dropping number of players I might be able to sneak in and out to get a bag or two... and I was sorely mistaken.  

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
I hadn't been into the DZ since before 1.3, so last week I tried to run a solo route in DZ01 to try and collect whatever.  I wasn't really in need of anything in particular and wasn't able to find anyone on my friends list to run with, but I thought I'd give it a go.  

And that was a mistake, I think this exercise in futility lasted about 5 min.  I rolled out the checkpoint door to see a downed player about 15m into the DZ.  Being an nice guy won over so I tried to get to the player and revive them, only to be raped by the rogue that had done the killing.  

I had thought we could take the rogue, but I couldn't revive fast enough and the rogue was too powerful for me to take on by the time I canceled the revive and switched focus to fighting him.  Needless to say, I ended up trying to come in again and got wrecked again by the same douche - glad he got some keys and XP (for his lvl 99), because I never got a chance to pick anything up.  

I tried a third time and went in a different entrance.  I ended up dropping into the subway in DZ01 and tried to take the boss down there, but but by this point I wasn't into it and easily got caught in a corner and was overwhelmed by the NPCs.  After that I quit the DZ and spent an hour or so tinkering with the builds on my toons.  

I knew DZ wasn't the place for a solo player anymore, but I figured with the dropping number of players I might be able to sneak in and out to get a bag or two... and I was sorely mistaken.  
I think that the DZ 1,2 and even 3 checkpoints are patrolled pretty well by people out for blood, I might recommend entering a little more northerly entrance if you are looking for fewer rogues, but I can empathize with the frustration.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I know that since 1.3 soloing is pretty much a death wish, which is why I had zero expectations and why I didn't piss away too much time.  I would have preferred to find a group of 2-3 other players to run DZ05-06, but it wasn't meant to be.  

Advertisements